Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Velocity Diet

B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baseballman86 View Post
    I was looking on GNC for other protein's and found low-carb isopure. It has 50g protein, 0 sugar, 3g carbs, 210 calories and is only $1 per serving when you average it out. Would this be a decent protein for this diet? It says it's 100% whey protein isolate, I've seen that a mix of maybe whey and casein is best, but how would doing this diet with this protein plus the fish oil and flax seed and stuff work?
    NO!

Use as much casein as you can.. DO NOT only use whey..

baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baseballman86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein

ok thanks, what would you say constitutes a protein as being low-carb? I've seen some proteins that aren't listed as low-carb but only have 3-4g of carbs per serving, what would you say the carbs per serving need to be at or lower than for this diet?

B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baseballman86 View Post
    ok thanks, what would you say constitutes a protein as being low-carb? I've seen some proteins that aren't listed as low-carb but only have 3-4g of carbs per serving, what would you say the carbs per serving need to be at or lower than for this diet?
    For the most part the carbs are from lactose left over from the purification process. Get something that has only a couple of grams of carbs and you should be fine.

The problem isn't the 3g of carbs it is the fact Whey protein digests quickly(good for post workout), but very bad if it is all you are eating all day.

I looked quickly and here is one on this site:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cas.html

It looks to be 100% casein.

Doing the V-Diet is crazy to begin with, doing it with whey is insane. =muscle loss!

And yes I have completed it.

bill

jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wow

Wow that is something! Over 20lbs in less than a month. I'm going to have to look into this more.

Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    My friend documented his in photos, 22lbs in 28 days.

I think he looks like a smaller version of the same guy. His body doesn't really look any better, just smaller.

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    but look at him, he looks like a 7/8ths replica. BF% is the same or higher than before.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm suppose to be testing a combination of the orginal velocity diet and the light velocity diet for another site.. We thought the first one was to harsh and ran the risk of losing to much muscle while on it.. and the second the velocity light diet wasn't structured enough .. so kinda of made up my own .. lol ..

Basically replacing 3 meals a day with a whey and cottage cheese shake and then eating 3 meals a day..

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have lost 11lbs in 5 weeks eating 2650 a day. I like this a lot better than starving it off using 5-6 protein shakes a day.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Velocity diet = PSMF(protein sparing modified fast) = VLCD (very low calorie diet), been round for 30 years,

From the article
    "Five years ago a T-Nation contributor pen-named Brock Strasser came up with something called the Fat Fast Diet. "
    Wrong, a fat fast has been round for at least 30 year as well.

Liquid diets do work, they are extensively studied in the literature, its an old proven idea dressed in new clothes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_low_calorie_diet
    Last edited by GregT; 03-02-2009 at 12:49 PM.

tatnall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Velocity diet = PSMF(protein sparing modified fast) = VLCD (very low calorie diet), been round for 30 years,

From the article
    "Five years ago a T-Nation contributor pen-named Brock Strasser came up with something called the Fat Fast Diet. "

Liquid diets do work, they are extensively studied in the literature, its an old proven idea dressed in new clothes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_low_calorie_diet
    In fairness, even the original Fat Fast article said that it was based on PSMF/VLCD diets given morbidly obese patients requiring weight loss prior to surgery.

You are correct, though, it is nothing new.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    From the article
    I should not do this, but you will see that claims like that are very frequent there.

What I do not understand still is why someone would use plain whey, when a blend can offer so many other advantages, including taking longer to clear the gut. Some are too high in carbs, but some are pretty low, and have a decent amount of fat built into them, like Ultra Peptide 2.0.

For the record, I have never done this diet, and never will, because it would kill my strength levels. I cannot go that long with that low of a carb intake, and instead cut by cycling my carbs.

jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jasondmath has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    but look at him, he looks like a 7/8ths replica. BF% is the same or higher than before.
    I don't agree at all. Look at day 3 compared to 31. Seems to be a big difference to me.

Hugh.Mungo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hugh.Mungo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Interesting ideas but somewhat flawed

My first impression is that this is a hard-core diet modified from obesity treatments.

My problem with this is that it is blatantly hype. There is nothing magical about there brands on T-Nation. I then get the impression that Chad is taking part in this hype and loses credibility immediately. I know he needs money but none the less it is hard to earn and easy to lose.

If your BF is over 20-24% fat loss does not have to be this hard. Calories restriction and any activity will do fine.

Say if your BF estimate is 15-17% then what is the rush for a 200 lb man in the fitness nut or weekend warrior category to lose 10 lbs of fat? A cutting diet over six months and working your butt off will do just fine. I would end up insulting my wife and family by not eating too. I fortunately get help discussing what to eat and when to eat it.

I do like his idea of interval training. I kinda modified it to make it work without burning myself out. I do twenty minutes and set new target for calories burned each or every other session. Biking or elliptical or treadmill.
    we come in peace and we will eat you - alien vs monsters

truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Better Diet

I tried the Velocity Diet one time. If something sounds too good to be true it probably is.

The Cut Diet really worked for me. This was a 7 month transformation for me. I had some muscle under that fat because I trained a while. I did it on the The Cut Diet here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3744171

Got in single digit BF with this diet. It gives you the whole plan and it is free. If you want something that is a little less strigent and will get you in the 10 - 11% BF then the The Lifestyle Cut diet is the plan: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3730971
    What benefit will it be to you
    if you gain the whole world
    but lose your own soul?

(Mark 8:36)

Hugh.Mungo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hugh.Mungo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the link! It's good info. Hard work and patience.

I have found eating healthy makes some of the junk I ate at one time seem nasty. I know I am doing good when my two year old asks for broccoli instead of ice cream.
    we come in peace and we will eat you - alien vs monsters

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought DaveTate was the spirtual head of T Nation. That is one mench in the iron game. Anyway this 'diet' has their Hot Rox all over it. Seems to be the wave of our Bodybuilding media/advertising.

http://www.sybervision.com/reviews/Review-Hot-Rox.php

Baldie

ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ithacatommyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dumb but i did it...

Hey all.. I know bringing back an old thread again, but i just wanted to comment.. I used this diet, well a version of it about 5 years ago when i need to shed major weight, around 30% BF..

It worked.. the forumula i had was:
    shakes 6 times a day, spread out evenly.. about 100-120 caleries per shake - GNC whey protein
    1 tablespoon fax seed oil two times a day.
    Multi vitamin - morning and night
    fiber supplement - Morning
    Hydroxiecut - as per directions

Work out was:
    20-30 minutes cardo - usually stationary bike or elliptical machine
    10-15 light wight lift to minimize muscle loss

It worked, as well as the picture show if not better.. I was dropping around 5-10 pounds a week..

The down side was-
    THE D$MN SHAKES.. god i hated those thing by the end of the week.. it actually got t a point where i would almost through up trying to drink them.
    the first week was gruesome as my body adjusted to the liquid only diet.

Plus side was -
    The process got me off my bad - 1 meal a day to a 5-6 meal a day eating habit. I got hungry when i normal had the shakes.
    It shrunk my stomach so when i started to eat solid foods i eat less..

Unfortunately 5 years later i am back over where i was when i first did this diet.. But to be fair it was my fault.. I started to eat only 1 meal a day again, as well as eating before bed.. Even with my bad eating habits and no exercise i was able to maintain my final weight after the diet for about a year and a half.

I would say that this diet would be good for people that need to loose BF and are over 20-25%, under that stay way.. LOL

pdderek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could not be more wrong. While this is a calorie restricted diet, the TYPE of calorie restricted is SUGAR. You will not lose muscle mass on this diet if you follow it properly. It is intended to induce a state of sugar deprivation in which FAT, which there is plenty of in the diet, becomes the primary metabolite for energy.

Losing WEIGHT does not equate to losing MUSCLE.

Like this guy said, he's not an authority on physiology. He's just repeating what he's heard.

Follow the diet properly, having adequate protein and fat, and you won't lose muscle mass. You may actually gain some muscle mass (though that is difficult when calorically restricted)

Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Yep it is called pushing their product, note where it states that thier product only will work with this diet.
    Tim is a great sales man and has always used these tactics ever since they came into the scene.
    Thediet in itself is a typical liquid diet many has used to cut quickly. It can work, but you may lose some strenght while on it. I have used a similar diet in the past, I actually lost some muscle while using it. Any time you lose that much in a small amount of time, you will lose muscle as well.
    But I AM Not the authority on this , perhaps someone else will chime in.