Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sarah's Back With A Vengeance!

Hi!

Well, I used to journal here a LONG time ago. I definitly recognize a lot of the same girls that stuck with it, much better than myself. But, I've been feeling the burn for a new journal and a new life.

I think the last time I was on here was prior to my wedding... that I ended up calling off 5 weeks prior to walking down the aisle (best move, ever!), moving back home, then moving back into my apartment without my fiance, getting a new *horrible* roommate, moving out again to my own place closer to the beach, getting a new job, and basically re-vamping my whole life... A LOT has changed since I've been here.

I must say my downfall is nutrition, although it's gotten *much* better.

The recent life-altering events definitly impacted my health. I havent gained much weight (about 5lbs) BUT, I've LOST muscle. I was down to about %20 bodyfat and am now around %26! Must get back on track!

Current stats:
    height: 5' 8.5"
    weight: 164
    bodyfat: ~%26 *embarrassing!*

Goal:
    weight: 135-140
    bodyfat: %17-18

I just hired a personal trainer to motivate me more, and have been back on my clean diet for almost a week now. It's a start!

I'll post pics and measurements later =)

I hope I'll find support here like I did last time around!

-Sarah
    *Sarah*

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649139853#post649139853

---

"The dictionary is the only place success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must all pay for success."
    -Vince Lombardi

"Yesterday ended last night. Everyday is a new beginning. Learn the skills of accepting and forgetting. And move on"
    -Norman Vincent Peale

GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just to put a face with the name.... here are some pics... (I'm the one on the left in the group picture)

I'll have some actual bodyshots later =)
    Attached Images
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

"The dictionary is the only place success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must all pay for success."
    -Vince Lombardi

"Yesterday ended last night. Everyday is a new beginning. Learn the skills of accepting and forgetting. And move on"
    -Norman Vincent Peale

Thumbs up 10-26-06

So I thought I'd post my measurements, as HORRIBLE as they are. Just so I'll have something to look back at and measure progress other than weight and bf% (because, who knows how accurate those electronic bf% measurment things are).

Measurements: 10/21/06

Neck: 13.5
    Chest: 37
    Shoulders: 41
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 43
    Bicep (R): 12
    Bicep (L): 11.5
    Theigh (R): 23.75
    Theigh (L): 24
    Calf (R): 15
    Calf (L): 15

As far as diet- I'm not counting calories or macros, for now. I just want to get back into routine. I plan on starting the counting process in two months (the 1st of the year) once I've gotten back, and adjusted to, %100 clean eating. But, typically my diet consists of:

M1- Oats + 1s protien powder or 4 egg whites
    M2- CC + fruit
    M3- Chicken, pork or fish + brown rice or sweet potato + veggies
    M4- CC + Almonds
    M5- Same as M3
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi! And welcome back to the Board!!

You are very pretty!!!!! That Vegas shot was cute!!!

You're the same height as me.... Another tall person!

Meals are looking good! I'll be following along your journey to your goal!!!

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome back! Wow, some major life changes there !

We have very similar measurements! Where do you measure your waist?

Your pics are beautiful .
    "Ain't no party like a Scranton party cause a Scranton party don't stop."

SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

I'm almost 5'8" myself. You sound much like me when I lost my nutritional way at one time. It's definitely doable to get down to your goals. We're here for you. No problem.

I agree. You're a cutie-patooty. Nice to see a new name around. Well, new to me that is. Have a good day!
    Sasha
    a.k.a. SNSTerp79

Note New Journal Title: Flab & Fluff to Fit & Firm

Hi girls! Thanks for stopping in!!

mcj - thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to be back, thats for sure! - yeah, being tall has it's advantages, but also makes me feel like a giant next to my girlfriends sometimes.

Arose - Thanks for the compliments as well =) As far as the waist measurement, I usually measure myself where my "pooch" (thats what i like to call it) is, since thats the biggest area and thats what I want to work on... but these measurements were taken by a trainer, and I really didnt pay attention where she did it because I was mostly just being paranoid that my shirt was lifted up in the middle of the gym lol. So, i'm not sure, but I'm guessing it was pretty accurate since she did it =)

SNS - Hi!! Thanks for stoppin' by. It's definitly hard to get back on track with nutrition, but, I'm workin' on it. Thanks for havin' my back =)
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Sarah! Welcome back!
    ~ChaCha

"Say what you mean and act how you feel,
    because those who matter don't mind,
    and those who mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GyMgrrrL
    Arose - Thanks for the compliments as well =) As far as the waist measurement, I usually measure myself where my "pooch" (thats what i like to call it) is, since thats the biggest area and thats what I want to work on
    Good deal, as long as you measure in the same place everytime you'll be good to go!

I really didnt pay attention where she did it because I was mostly just being paranoid that my shirt was lifted up in the middle of the gym lol.
    !!!!!!

Oh and I'd hardly call you a giant...I'm 6'!!!

mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah, being tall has it's advantages, but also makes me feel like a giant next to my girlfriends sometimes.
    Yes! I know the feeling! Most of my girlfriends are short too...so it's even worse...especially when I wear heels...

Originally Posted by arose70
    Oh and I'd hardly call you a giant...I'm 6'!!!
    Wow, yeah, thats tall! I have a few pair of heels that make me 6'. I just feel giant because all my girl friends are 5'-5'2" so, even just over 5'8" they're still at shoulder level haha.

Originally Posted by mcj
    Yes! I know the feeling! Most of my girlfriends are short too...so it's even worse...especially when I wear heels...
    haha! yeah, thats how I am too! I like it when my friends wear heels and I wear flats. I'm still taller, but it reduces the "hows the weather down there" feeling. haha.
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a lot of short friends too. They look so cute & tiny!
    ~ChaCha

I used to have a friend that was 6'2"! It was awesome going out with her--didn't feel so freakish .

Hey Sarah---I just saw you said you like Heroes!!! That is my new favorite show !!

soon2B- Yeah, short people are cute! It makes me jealous. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side because people always want to be my height.. go figure

Arose- OMG, I'm starting to get so addicted to Heroes. I just started watching it this last weekend when they had the marathon on... its great!

Speaking of Heroes... on a horribly sad note.. my ex just called. He's a firefighter. 3 of his friends just died today on a brush fire out here. I kind of knew one of them, its so sad. There's also a captain who has 90% burns covering him. I feel so horrible for the families, I remember how I used to feel when he'd go to a fire, always dreading bad news.
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Lisa~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, welcome back to journaling! I think keeping one is really motivational... I love mine here. Tho I haven't posted in 3 days or so. LMAO oops.

Sounds like you're back on the road to a good fitness plan... I look forward to reading your workouts and meal lists each day.
    ~Lisa~'s Buffing Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=950691

hi Lisa! Thanks for dropping by

speaking of meal plans and workouts:

10/26/06

M1: 3/4C oats + 1/2s protein powder
    M2: Cottage cheese + pineapple + mango
    M3: Chicken + brown rice + corn & green beans
    M4: Cottage cheese + Almonds
    -planned-
    M5: Chicken + Rice + asparagus

W/O: OFF - unless I get home in time for 45 min cardio (getting my hair dyed today!)

Tomorrow planned w/o: 30min cardio + Back/Bi's
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

How's the hair look!?

Why do you only use 1/2 scoop of protein powder in your first meal?

Ended up squeezing in 20min HIIT cardio on the elliptical at my mom's house. Her elliptical is crazy, so I'm glad I only had 20 minutes, if I would have been on it longer I think I would have hurt myself. haha.

I stuck 100% to diet! woooohooo!

So, for Today:

M1- 2/3C Oats + 4 egg whites

-planned-
    M2- 1C CC + mango
    M3- Chicken, brown rice + veggies
    M4- 1/2C CC + Almonds
    ----- workout (back/bi's + 30min cardio) -----
    M5- 1/2 Baked potato + cottage cheese topping + 1C veggies
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Originally Posted by arose70
    How's the hair look!?

Why do you only use 1/2 scoop of protein powder in your first meal?
    I LOVE my hair! I'll have to post pictures

I only use 1/2 because I dont really like the pp I have right now. with my old kind I'd use a full scoop, but this kind makes the oatmeal taste really chalky if I use that much So, once I get through this batch I'll be back to 1s. I only do the oats + pp when I dont have time to cook eggs
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    home ellipticals are never as good as the gym's. unless you spend $3000 that is. my $500 one is the best i could find for that price. i really had to search for a quality machine for less than $1000.

my pp can make things taste odd too if i use a whole scoop. i sometimes use 1/2 just to add something above and beyond the existing protein. makes me feel a bit better in the end.

hope you walk a little taller with that newly colored hair. i know i always feel so much better after it's done. have a great day.
    Sasha
    a.k.a. SNSTerp79

Hi Sasha!
    Yeah, my mom buoght hers way back in the day.. it was all high-tech back then, with a turning knob for resistance and little lights going around a track haha. but, its not so high-tech now, and its definitly way wobbly.. it was scary! haha.
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

You're in the nosebleed section young lady! Page 3!

Where ya be?

Hope all is well.
    Sasha
    a.k.a. SNSTerp79

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome back

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend!

Sasha- Yeah, I probably wont be updating much on the weekends. I'm on my computer so much at work that I just want a break from it come weekend time! SO I'll probably update a ton on the weekdays and just let the journal go on the weekends

Lou- Hi! I remember you! You're a cutie!! Thanks for the welcome

Sooo.. Lets see-

Friday & Saturday 100% on with diet
    Sunday- Went to the CHARGER game! woohoo. 2nd row seats at the 20yd line! Freakin amazing... but food consisted of a salty jumbo pretzle and lots of water. Had a good breakfast and dinner though =)

Friday- Back & Bi's; 45min cardio (will edit later with weights & exercises as I forgot my notebook at home!)
    Saturday- Rest
    Sunday- Legs, Tri's, Chest; 30min cardio & TONS of walking at the game.

-10/30/06-
    M1 - 1s Protien + milk + Oats
    M2 - 1C CC + Mango
    M3 - 4oz chicken + asparagus & mushrooms + 1/2 sweet potato
    M4 - 1/2C CC + almonds
    M5 - dinner with mom: TBD

Training: off
    Cardio: off
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

I bet that Chargers game was a ton of fun!!
    ~ChaCha

Originally Posted by soon2Bgoddess
    I bet that Chargers game was a ton of fun!!
    It was GREAT! I've never sat that close to all the action! The crowd we were sitting with was amazing too, all crazy into it
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

I've never been to a game Did the tickets cost a fortune??
    ~ChaCha

Originally Posted by soon2Bgoddess
    I've never been to a game Did the tickets cost a fortune??
    This was my second game, definitly going back next year, so worth it! Well, minus the traffic! But, I didnt pay for the tickets this time. My friend got them off of stubhub.com from some season ticket holder. The tickets said 54 a piece, but he said he paid WAY more than that. So, I'm not sure how much they were. But, its worth it! I think I was on tv a few times too
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

I think I was on tv a few times too
    Yay! That's so cool!!!
    ~ChaCha

It was! I know I was on the big screen, but, I'm not sure if any of the fox camera's caught me, I'd like to think so I tried my best haha.
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale