Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Gym Membership costs?

What are typical prices of gyms? I usualy lifted after school in the school weight room, but they made that agaisnt the rules now since some idiot vandalised a couple of the machines.

I checked out two places. One is a gym, and it has a ton of free weight stuff (which i like). The other place was a health and fitness place, but it didnt have as much of the free weight stuff. It had alot more machines and cardio stuff...but still had the basic free weight stuff, not to mention it has swimming, tanning, etc. I also recieved a 2 week pass to the last one. They both cost about the same ($30-35 a month) and about the same distance. Im leaning more towards the gym, because it has more of the stuff im looking for...but the fitness club has a lot of nice extras. Which would you choose?

Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd honestly choose the one that I'm going to utilize the most. I had this same problem at the begining of the semester I joined a nice pretty fitness club with all the cardio bunnies included and the sauna and racquet ball etc etc etc, I didnt get a damned thing done it may just be me but all of that stuff turned out to be a distraction compared to my nice hole in the wall gym with a mix of machines and free weights. I ended my contract early and went back to making gains(technically losses since im on a cut lmao). Moral of the story pick what's right for you, if you can use all of the extras and not get distracted from your goals TOO MUCH go the club route, but if you need a real "gym" atmosphere where you can form a repetoir with some of the other lifters and motivators etc etc etc go for the gym, hope this helps a bit.

edit: One more thing use the 2wk pass for all its worth, it might help with your decision

thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    definately towards the gym, and thats a great price. i cant afford the ones around me, one is 50 the other 100
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class" -Travis Ortmayer

Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the responses. Im definatley going to use that 2 week pass. Im thinking im going to go with the gym. I forgot to mention that the gym members are given a key, so you can lift any of the 24 hours you want to (while the fitness club closes at 9 on weekdays and 8 on weekends).
    Last edited by Xc; 10-23-2006 at 05:51 PM.

-Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500)
    If your a night owl go the the gym and work out at midnight, then when your done do some *"forearm exercises"* and leave a little present on the seat of a machine for the person who comes in the morning... Hehehehe.

Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xc
    Thanks for the responses. Im definatley going to use that 2 week pass. Im thinking im going to go with the gym. I forgot to mention that the gym members are given a key, so you can lift any of the 24 hours you want to (while the fitness club closes at 9 on weekdays and 8 on weekends).
    The key is enough to push me over to the gym since im a night owl like its no friggin joke, so ive lifted as late as 230am and as early as 430. Try to give both a fair eval but I know where im leanin if it were me.

edit:Renato that's the kinda stuff that makes most gyms that do give out keys NOT give keys to younger members...wow

-Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500) -Renato- is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Rodthrower18
    The key is enough to push me over to the gym since im a night owl like its no friggin joke, so ive lifted as late as 230am and as early as 430. Try to give both a fair eval but I know where im leanin if it were me.

edit:Renato that's the kinda stuff that makes most gyms that do give out keys NOT give keys to younger members...wow

I know I'm sorry, I have a bad habit of immature humour.

andybig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, go to the 24 hr gym.

ps. dont let fancy weight equipment rule your decisinon...alot of those places charge an arm and a leg just because of the fancy stuff....which you probably will never use...or dont need to use to begin with