Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    animal06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mic-ro View Post
    Do not ever drink alcohol of any kind while taking creatine. If you are going to drink you should not be on creatine. Not at all! About a month after I turnd 19, I went to a bar with my brother, and I was a month into my creatine cycle... My bro said to me "One beer never hurt anybodY" So I decided I would seriously only drink ONE beer then.. Not even half way through I felt really sick, went to the bathroom and threw up, and I passed out, I woke up a few seconds later but had felt like an eternity and didnt know what was going on and I ran out n told my bro and then it happend like 5 more times that night, every time i threw up i passed out.
    so to answer your question if you drink any alcohol (even "just one") on creatine, your taking a very big risk. Worst experience of my entire life, and I will never take creatine ever again because of it. So now I train without creatine, or anything with even a little bit of creatine in it (like no xplode) although i take 1 gram of glutamine a day.
    are you joking me? half a beer? knocked out? is this a true story? LMAO!

powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah like it just depends on how serious about lifting you are. Me im a small kid im not gonna be a bb so hell yeah i drink while i can...just be carefull w/ the creatine and boozing.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JayBro View Post
    You will get dehydrated really fast.
    This and only this.
    No one can tell you not to drink. Just be reading for a huge hangover if you aren't prepared
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) localloadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do not ever drink alcohol of any kind while taking creatine. If you are going to drink you should not be on creatine. Not at all! About a month after I turnd 19, I went to a bar with my brother, and I was a month into my creatine cycle... My bro said to me "One beer never hurt anybodY" So I decided I would seriously only drink ONE beer then.. Not even half way through I felt really sick, went to the bathroom and threw up, and I passed out, I woke up a few seconds later but had felt like an eternity and didnt know what was going on and I ran out n told my bro and then it happend like 5 more times that night, every time i threw up i passed out.
    so to answer your question if you drink any alcohol (even "just one") on creatine, your taking a very big risk. Worst experience of my entire life, and I will never take creatine ever again because of it. So now I train without creatine, or anything with even a little bit of creatine in it (like no xplode) although i take 1 gram of glutamine a day.

I don't think your anecdote was the creatine that made you pass out and throw up, perhaps you were just sick and then you mixed it with the alcohol.

Anyways, I have over the years drank a few beers whilst taking creatine, like most of the people over 21 in here have. Alcohol kind of defeats the purpose of taking creatine, but if it makes you happy, a beer or two every now and then probably isn't going to make much of a difference. I'd say drink plenty of water and exercise moderation and you'd be fine.

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

I guess I will no longer eat chicken wings with beer.

Don't wanna get sick.

Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jeff1138 View Post
    remember what Arnold said, "milk is for babies,men drink beer"!!
    nah man, jim beam all the way. and milk btw is great...

Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Farnzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know about creatine and booze but try vodka and tonic. It has little calories, sugar and all that other bad stuff....

johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why can't some people just answer a question on here without giving a lecture about something irrelevant. Is creatine bad while you are drinking? Clearly, he wants to no if there are any dangers with alcohol and creatine mixed not a lecture about the effects on bodybuilding. No **** its going to hinder your gains and not get the same results out of creatine if you weren't drinking, and should we mention McDonald's is not good on a cut?

I think people gotta leave aside their bb.com egos and understand some people try lift and get as in shape as possible while going out and drinking. Not everyone is serious enough into lifting to sacrifice other things. Not saying its wrong to be that way but not for everyone. I drink, I lift. At my potential? Nope. Is it worth it for me, yes. And I have gotten great effects on creatine when going out twice a week. End rant.

chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000) chargerfn909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by johnt12 View Post
    Why can't some people just answer a question on here without giving a lecture about something irrelevant. Is creatine bad while you are drinking? Clearly, he wants to no if there are any dangers with alcohol and creatine mixed not a lecture about the effects on bodybuilding. No **** its going to hinder your gains and not get the same results out of creatine if you weren't drinking, and should we mention McDonald's is not good on a cut?

I think people gotta leave aside their bb.com egos and understand some people try lift and get as in shape as possible while going out and drinking. Not everyone is serious enough into lifting to sacrifice other things. Not saying its wrong to be that way but not for everyone. I drink, I lift. At my potential? Nope. Is it worth it for me, yes. And I have gotten great effects on creatine when going out twice a week. End rant.
    thank you, and repped.
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ
    "The mind is a very powerful thing, it can be your very best friend, or your WORST nightmare..You decide ;)" -909
    Chargers - Dodgers - Lakers - Kings ...Sport fanatic :)

Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol why was this bumped from 2001?

If anyone is still wondering, I drink heavily on the weekends, I take creatine, I'm alive and healthy.
    MFC Illuminati

johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pmagoria View Post
    lol why was this bumped from 2001?

If anyone is still wondering, I drink heavily on the weekends, I take creatine, I'm alive and healthy.
    lol

Alcohol is still not good for you and will not let you reach you max potential in case you didn't figure out yet from these a*sholes.

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ahhchon View Post
    spare me the lecture. i know alchohol is bad, i don't need to be told so by 14 yr olds..

the question is if alchohol is bad while taking creatine. and if so describe why. i know it isn't the best idea but i'm curious if anyone knows from experience, will a couple beers hurt...

john
    ...your first mistake is loading. Why are you loading?

and it's dual-edged, you're loading and technically stressing the liver and kidneys more than you have to. And on top of that you're drinking.

You want real results? Keep loading or taking creatine and go get your bloodwork done. Then go after those results and do the same thing but drink 4 beers. Then see how much your BUN and creatinine levels raise.

Ridiculous, right? But...at least you can physically see the difference for sure on YOUR own body, rather than asking a bunch of people a question you pretty much know the answer to. You're asking a question where people can give you an answer, but not one that is detailed enough for your satisfaction.

lewistk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow...thats rough bro.

A lesson to be learned for us all
    On my quest for 180 lbs...

orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kdunic View Post
    is drinking alchohol bad while you're on creatine?
    1. It puts more strain on your internal organs, so if you're loading I'd be especially careful.

2. It will reduce the effectiveness of Creatine. That said, keep in mind that most bar goers don't consume nearly the same amount of water in a day as the average bodybuilder, and they don't drop dead from the dehydration. You won't either as long as you try to replace what you have lost, but regardless you will still suffer a loss of retention and some lowered testosterone for a few hours or days depending on how much Alcohol was consumed.

3. Depending on the amount you could be setting yourself up for one of the worst hangovers you've ever experienced.

So yes, it is bad to consume Alcohol with creatine - but if you don't mind the loss of gains, strength for a few hours or days (depending on how much you consume) or wicked dehydration, headache and the potential for some awful cramping... Drink up.

P.S if you're loading - do not go crazy with the alcohol, you could potentially do some real damage to yourself.

orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Zombie thread, my bad. Google told me it was from AUG 2011.

tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tyler10d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No kidding, I'm almost always on creatine year round, drink at least 2 times a week and by drink i mean binge drink (me and 3 friends knocked out 10 30's and 6 bottles in 4 days at WEfest last weekend) and i'm still kicking, make it to the gym everyday, and still have a pretty decent body. It's all about actual work and getting your ass in the gym AFTER the fact. Obviously drinking is bad for you and toxic to the body, it is also the main reason for a LOT of good memories (some I can't remember) have your fun while you can man

swbrooks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ahhchon View Post
    spare me the lecture. i know alchohol is bad, i don't need to be told so by 14 yr olds..

the question is if alchohol is bad while taking creatine. and if so describe why. i know it isn't the best idea but i'm curious if anyone knows from experience, will a couple beers hurt...

john
    Creatine allows your cells to take in more water, meaning you need increase fluid intake to avoid dehydration (I'm sure you already know this).
    Alcohol dehydrates you as your body tries to expel the poison from your system. This results in a sort of super-dehydration.

Drinking on creatine results in TERRIBLE hangovers because of this. We're talking 5-PM-and-I-still-feel-like-God-kicked-me-in-the-face hangovers.

A beer or two probably won't kill you as long as you drink a LOT of water but I wouldn't get drunk. I can tell you firsthand that it really sucks.

cmacadon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think its ok as long as you don't drink too much.drink water before , while and after you drink alcohol and you should be fine.I normally drink a poweraid before bed.