Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_

1. Seated DB Press @ 90-100%* of 3RM (*limited by DB weight)
    argh, nothing worse than not being able to progress due to lacking weights... tell your gym to get their act together! or if its done at home, save buying the morning daily coffee for 2 weeks and buy more plates?

great session btw.
    Last edited by MrSinister; 11-19-2006 at 10:59 PM.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dparm99
    Nah Dom's an American now mate, he puts his weights in pounds, writes dates the American way and i've even seen him spell "colour" as "color". We've lost him forever!
    LOL
    Cha Cha Cha

G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nah Dom's an American now mate, he puts his weights in pounds, writes dates the American way and i've even seen him spell "colour" as "color". We've lost him forever!
    so you're saying he's one of *them* ???

let me guess - you're going to tell me he's into NFL and doesn't care about the Ashes
    Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by G_Train
    Excellent Stuff Dom. I still think you should put your weight in kg seeing as we're in Australia
    Gets calculator ready

Great job as usual Dom!

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Excellent Stuff Dom. I still think you should put your weight in kg seeing as we're in Australia
    so you're saying he's one of *them* ???

let me guess - you're going to tell me he's into NFL and doesn't care about the Ashes
    Haha, time to set the record straight.

1) I convert everything from kg into lbs because most people on this forum are in the US. Only takes a few seconds in a spreadsheet. Multiply everything by 2.20462262 I round up or down to the nearest 5lbs. Simple.

2) With spelling I want to use the standard and that's US English. It makes life easier with programming, developing online content, you name it. It's a waste of time to be going back and forth between the two (US and UK English).

3) Same deal with dates.

I follow OUR football

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MrSinister
    argh, nothing worse than not being able to progress due to lacking weights... tell your gym to get their act together! or if its done at home, save buying the morning daily coffee for 2 weeks and buy more plates?

great session btw.
    Sinister, I train at a commercial gym that has everything I need except for heavy DBs. The main lifts for me are deadlifts, squats, barbell rows, dips, MP (which I'm taking a break from), and also chins. All of those I can do with a barbell, rack, and a dip/chinning station. I've been training there longer than planned but it's convenient to walk to the gym rather than waste time and money driving across town to train somewhere better. It's hard to find a good gym these days. They usually don't stay in business for long when the cashed up fitness centers roll into town.

So far I've just trained around it by using Hammer Strength gear on the heavier pressing workouts and using the DBs in the lighter workouts, to stay in the groove with them. I'll switch to incline BB soon and maybe get some long Oly DB handles for the gym.

Originally Posted by EoR
    Saw the 295kg deadlift, amazing pull there buddy.

Soon the elite and rare 300 club for you!
    Thanks EoR. It's my best lift and I'm happy with the progress I've made on it this past year by making it my #1 priority.

Originally Posted by aqua-beowulf
    Gets calculator ready

Great job as usual Dom!
    Thanks Tom. No calculator needed. It's all in pounds here

DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would love to see a vid of the 300kg pull, I actually would love to see any deadlift vid of you! I think a lot of people could learn from your form, cause by the sound of it, you know how to deadlift, lol. You're kind of a Dr. Deadlift.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DeGermaan
    I would love to see a vid of the 300kg pull, I actually would love to see any deadlift vid of you! I think a lot of people could learn from your form, cause by the sound of it, you know how to deadlift, lol. You're kind of a Dr. Deadlift.
    haha "Dr Deadlift" nice one

I agree, I think your first 300kg pull warrants a video DOM!
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EoR

Hey I think that is Sig worthy. Trust us nobody would think you are full of yourself for putting that in your sig.
    Cha Cha Cha

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dom, like the other Dom, is far too "humble and gracious" to put stuff like that in his sig.

If I could pull 660, I'd have "bad motherfucker" or something like that in my sig

G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) G_Train is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kethnaab
    Dom, like the other Dom, is far too "humble and gracious" to put stuff like that in his sig.

If I could pull 660, I'd have "bad motherfucker" or something like that in my sig
    lol yeah i reckon. I'd just tell anyone I could.

I'm glad you follow "OUR" football Dom.

And Aqua, thanks for that

But yeah, high 200's in the deadlift.... awesome awesome stuff. I just can't wait until i'm at that level.

Originally Posted by DeGermaan
    Originally Posted by EoR

That's a fair request For a "form" video, I'd probably post something with around 90-95% rather than a true max lift. Of course what works for me is not necessarily going to suit a stocky guy with short arms or a tall guy with a huge wingspan. You've got to work with your proportions. It's such a simple lift that a lot of people make overly complicated.

I strive for perfect form and practice with a lot of submaximal singles which helps, but when I'm going for broke all I can do is hope what I've been training is automatic. I don't go through a checklist of 20 things I need to do. I just chalk up, walk over to the bar, dip, grip, and rip. With a little luck everything holds up back there and I lock it out clean.

Originally Posted by spirit3530
    Hey I think that is Sig worthy. Trust us nobody would think you are full of yourself for putting that in your sig.
    Originally Posted by kethnaab

Thanks guys, I figure most people here know I'm obsessed with deadlifting and am always happy to help if they want an opinion on their form, some advice, etc. I'm usually able to pick up little things they're doing wrong quickly. I just enjoy seeing people lifting heavy ass weight and for a while there it seemed like there were more injury threads about deads than positive ones.

I'm glad you follow "OUR" football Dom.

But yeah, high 200's in the deadlift.... awesome awesome stuff. I just can't wait until i'm at that level.
    You bet I follow our football. AFL and league especially. We've got the best football in the world. No shoulder pads or helmets, we just go out there and bash the **** out of each other

G, around this time last year I decided to make it a priority and that's how I made it my best lift. Like I said to Luke in his journal, I was doing it 2nd or 3rd, doing it last, doing rack pulls instead, always training it for reps, not doing any specific assistance work for it, basically just treating it as another back exercise after rows and chins. So I drew a line in the sand. Inspired by all those deadlift videos of Konstantinovs, etc., I gave it its own workout and committed myself to pulling some big numbers. I started training it like a powerlifter. Addressed sticking points. Put a lot of time into analyzing form, put in the time, and the results came.

Thanks guys, I figure most people here know I'm obsessed with deadlifting and am always happy to help if they want an opinion on their form, some advice, etc. I'm usually able to pick up little things they're doing wrong quickly. I just enjoy seeing people lifting heavy ass weight and for a while there it seemed like there were more injury threads about deads than positive ones.

You bet I follow our football. AFL and league especially. We've got the best football in the world. No shoulder pads or helmets, we just go out there and bash the **** out of each other

G, around this time last year I decided to make it a priority and that's how I made it my best lift. Like I said to Luke in his journal, I was doing it 2nd or 3rd, doing it last, doing rack pulls instead, always training it for reps, not doing any specific assistance work for it, basically just treating it as another back exercise after rows and chins. So I drew a line in the sand. Inspired by all those deadlift videos of Konstantinovs, etc., I gave it its own workout and committed myself to pulling some big numbers. I started training it like a powerlifter. Addressed sticking points. Put a lot of time into analyzing form, put in the time, and the results came.
    That sounds like a good idea Dom, the only thing i'm having trouble with is fitting Good Mornings around my deadlifting, i've noticed how you've structured your workouts and it's given me a couple of ideas. The only thing is i like squatting at least twice a week in a heavy/light fashion, sometimes 3x a week in a 5x5 fashion, it just works really well for me.

I remember reading somewhere what you were saying about training squats and deadlifts heavy simultaneously, and that it would be "better" to cycle them, so I might look into that more. Thanks for ya help, and that Konstantinovs video is in my YouTube favourites haha. That and some Mariusz training video is a must before every workout now

That sounds like a good idea Dom, the only thing i'm having trouble with is fitting Good Mornings around my deadlifting, i've noticed how you've structured your workouts and it's given me a couple of ideas. The only thing is i like squatting at least twice a week in a heavy/light fashion, sometimes 3x a week in a 5x5 fashion, it just works really well for me.

I remember reading somewhere what you were saying about training squats and deadlifts heavy simultaneously, and that it would be "better" to cycle them, so I might look into that more.
    Basically what I found was it was better to alternate them. Noobs can get away with training them all heavy but eventually you reach a point where because they're both similar exercises and neurally and physically draining, you need to periodize them somehow. You've got to keep squats in there obviously, but you can alternate or cycle the heavy weeks.

What I do is stagger my deadlift and squat cycles by a few weeks so when I'm maxing out on deads, I'm lifting less on squats, and vice versa. You can alternate them every week, train one heavy for a few weeks and then switch to the other. There are several ways to go about it. Experiment. All that matters is that you're making steady progress on both lifts so go with whatever gets the job done.

Thanks for ya help, and that Konstantinovs video is in my YouTube favourites haha. That and some Mariusz training video is a must before every workout now
    Haha, so you do it too. I often watch a few videos before going to the gym. I sure as hell won't get any inspiration once I'm in there so I might as well soak some up before I leave "And forty kilo more."

PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi dom, your journal is still a good entertainement :P
    Anyway, sorry to bother you but i got a question for you:
    Whenever i do deadlifts, rack pulls or even hyperextension i get a huge pump in my lower back. It is really not confortable and takes 1-2 mins ( or more ) to go away after a set. It is not a pain, it is really a pump that other can notice. It doesnt really bother me during sets but i would still like to know if there is anything i can do to prevent this.
    Best total: 1715 (600-415-700) raw with wraps.
    A method behind madness....

Originally Posted by PanzeR-
    Hi dom, your journal is still a good entertainement :P
    Anyway, sorry to bother you but i got a question for you:
    Whenever i do deadlifts, rack pulls or even hyperextension i get a huge pump in my lower back. It is really not confortable and takes 1-2 mins ( or more ) to go away after a set. It is not a pain, it is really a pump that other can notice. It doesnt really bother me during sets but i would still like to know if there is anything i can do to prevent this.
    Does it make your back feel stiff? I had that problem for a while. Try stretching post workout and between workouts. Something that's really important for me is a proper warmup. You'll probably notice I warm up on every exercise, no matter where I'm doing them in the workout. It's just a habit of mine and it works for me. I've had very few injuries and nothing serious.

So with deads I'll always start with 135, then 225, then 315, even though it feels like an empty bar. My back would sometimes tighten up later when the weights got heavier if I skipped those early warmup sets.

PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, it indeed makes me feel stiff. I sorta walk like a robot.
    I will try stretching post-workout when i work on my lower back and 2-3 times a week in the morning.
    For warmups, i usually do 1-2 sets of 15 reps with a low weight before the first exercice of a muscle group.
    Thanks for the info My GF was afraid i destroyed my lower back
    Best total: 1715 (600-415-700) raw with wraps.
    A method behind madness....

eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Something that's really important for me is a proper warmup......

So with deads I'll always start with 135, then 225, then 315, even though it feels like an empty bar
    I love this journal for many reasons but the every so often remarkable statements is also part of what keeps me coming back!!

You are one strong fella Dom!! Keep being an inspiration!!

Take care....Ed
    Thy will, not mine, be done.....

"Absolutely no reason to stop any routine you are making good progress on. The only magic bullet is progression over the LONG-TERM"
    Iron Addict (RIP)

"Hey! You can rest when you're dead!" ironwill2008

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Dom, I'd like to run something by you, and any of the other experienced guys around here. I've read tons about how gains in squats will push your deadlift numbers up, WSB being built around that very principal. Such paradigms usually neglect the deadlift a little as a result. What I'm curious about is your opinion about deadlift gains driving squat numbers instead of the other way around. During my last WSB stint, I felt like that was the case for me. When I pulled 525, I shortly there after squatted 405 pretty easy. I deloaded right after or I would have made a couple heavier attempts. Then I started the C&P program. I had of course been doing ME squat work as well and so that obviously contributed to my gains in the squat. But, in your experience, do deadlift gains help your squat much?
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Originally Posted by PanzeR-
    Yeah, it indeed makes me feel stiff. I sorta walk like a robot.
    I will try stretching post-workout when i work on my lower back and 2-3 times a week in the morning.
    For warmups, i usually do 1-2 sets of 15 reps with a low weight before the first exercice of a muscle group.
    Thanks for the info My GF was afraid i destroyed my lower back
    Definitely try stretching more. It worked for me. With the warmups, I think it's really important to gradually increase the weight on deads. I do it by adding 90lbs each set up to my work sets, but for someone lifting less they might need to use smaller increases, like 50-70lbs.

Originally Posted by eddied27
    I love this journal for many reasons but the every so often remarkable statements is also part of what keeps me coming back!!

You are one strong fella Dom!! Keep being an inspiration!!

Take care....Ed
    Thanks Ed. I'm really not after any attention personally with it, which is why I didn't start one earlier and was kind of forced into it, but I'm glad a few people are learning from it. I've put a lot of time in on the training forums but sometimes it's easier when you post information like that in the one thread and people can see how it applies to your own workouts.

I'm just obsessed with getting bigger and stronger. Good to know I'm not alone

Originally Posted by VikingMan
    Hey Dom, I'd like to run something by you, and any of the other experienced guys around here. I've read tons about how gains in squats will push your deadlift numbers up, WSB being built around that very principal. Such paradigms usually neglect the deadlift a little as a result. What I'm curious about is your opinion about deadlift gains driving squat numbers instead of the other way around. During my last WSB stint, I felt like that was the case for me. When I pulled 525, I shortly there after squatted 405 pretty easy. I deloaded right after or I would have made a couple heavier attempts. Then I started the C&P program. I had of course been doing ME squat work as well and so that obviously contributed to my gains in the squat. But, in your experience, do deadlift gains help your squat much?
    Good question VM. I guess how much it helps would depend a lot on your form. Someone squatting more like an Oly lifter might not get much help from conv. deads, but squatting more like a powerlifter, leaning forward a little more, bar lower on the back, I could see benefits there in terms of a strong lower back helping you, but then GMs would take care of that and more as an assistance exercise. Then you've got the DL form variations like a wider stance, hips lower, even sumo style, which would have more carryover than a close stance where you're almost stiff-legging it.

It's a tough question to answer personally because I can't quantify it. I know deads have made my lower back a lot stronger so I feel more comfortable with a heavy bar on my back and if I'm in a jam and starting to get stapled, I can always get out of it since my deadlift is much stronger than my squat. I also know that deads have done a lot for my glute/ham development, since I do them properly, some leg drive with an RDL at the top and not like stiff-legs, so I'm sure it's carried over to my squats in some way.

But when you're down in the hole, trying to squat deep with good form, it's all glutes and hamstrings and I guess strength from conventional deads can only help you so much there. That's where GMs and box/paused squats come into their own as assistance exercises. I think you could always set up a program where you're doing deep Oly squats and maybe box squats while training deads heavy so they're not trashing your lower back at a time when you need it to be fresh for heavy pulls.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    . I've put a lot of time in on the training forums but sometimes it's easier when you post information like that in the one thread and people can see how it applies to your own workouts.

I'm just obsessed with getting bigger and stronger. Good to know I'm not alone
    lol ya if half the newbs that ask in the exercise forum saw this journal there'd be faaarrrr less rubbish threads!
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.J.H. is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Really impressive workouts Dom, I can't get over your strength. The 110's on seated DB press would be a huge step for me, maybe one day. And your deadlifts obviously speak for themselves. I'm still interested in maybe doing a program like yours, but I'm not sure just yet, since Westside is working so damn well for me.
    >>> M.J.H. <<<

Stats!
    Age: 26 | Height: 5'11.5" | Weight: 215 lbs. | Bodyfat: ~12%

"M.J.H...you're weight, height, bf%, strength...everything...is my ultimate goal in life as far as lifting is concerned. That is where I wanna be. That is my ultimate goal." ---PacMan8

YouTube Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/monstar1120

Originally Posted by MrSinister
    lol ya if half the newbs that ask in the exercise forum saw this journal there'd be faaarrrr less rubbish threads!
    I think the biggest problem is that New Thread button. If only it was disabled until you'd made a certain number of posts or been a member for a few months. There are so many knowledgeable contributors serving it up to them on a silver platter, all they've got to do is lurk for a while and use the Search.

Originally Posted by M.J.H.
    Really impressive workouts Dom, I can't get over your strength. The 110's on seated DB press would be a huge step for me, maybe one day. And your deadlifts obviously speak for themselves. I'm still interested in maybe doing a program like yours, but I'm not sure just yet, since Westside is working so damn well for me.
    Mike, definitely stick with what's working and Westside is working for you. I'm always tempted to try something else but you've got to go with what's getting results. Only drop a plan when it stops working. And you've got to put strength in perspective. I've got around 30-40lbs of bw on you so that's helping me on exercises like deads. What you're lifting for your weight is insane. You've also got amazing conditioning to be able to crank out as many sets as you do.

Anyway, I've never felt stronger so it's a good feeling to be at the top of my game. My goals are just to stay healthy and slowly gain another 15-20lbs over the next year or two. It's funny, my girlfriend often asks me why I want to get bigger and almost seems offended like I don't care what she thinks. The thing is after spending so much of your life being skinny, when you finally learn that your genetics aren't ****ty after all and your body was craving heavy weights and quality nutrition, you want to milk it for all it's worth.

That's what drives me. I'm also never satisfied with where I'm at. I've done well with my deadlift for example, but I'll consider myself to be lifting a lot when I've got 8 plates a side on the bar. Obviously that kind of thinking isn't for everyone. I also like proving people wrong. A lot of guys think you've got to take steroids to be big and strong. Even the guy I started out training with told me repeatedly "you'll never be as big as me without it bro." It's taken me a few years to get there, but he was wrong. So f**k all that, I want to prove to myself, and others starting out like I did, that you can achieve a lot by giving 100%, training right, and eating right. No excuses.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the biggest problem is that New Thread button. If only it was disabled until you'd made a certain number of posts or been a member for a few months. There are so many knowledgeable contributors serving it up to them on a silver platter, all they've got to do is lurk for a while and use the Search.
    Even though I try to avoid the infamous sections of immaturity, even in the IFBB, powerlifting and exercise sections you have to be careful.

I've given up responding to the usual nonsense, you can usually tell by a topic what kind of discussion will be drawn. 3/4 of the threads I never click because I can just tell what's going to be inside.

It's so more educational and civilized in the journal section, people actually putting theory into practice, discussing calmly and motivating each other.

...but hey, whenever anything is free and open to the masses, you're always going to get this happening.

I agree about your sort of "license to thread' approach DOM
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Congrats to big Aussie Dom... his bodyspace made the front page!

Originally Posted by EoR
    Even though I try to avoid the infamous sections of immaturity, even in the IFBB, powerlifting and exercise sections you have to be careful.

I've given up responding to the usual nonsense, you can usually tell by a topic what kind of discussion will be drawn. 3/4 of the threads I never click because I can just tell what's going to be inside.

It's so more educational and civilized in the journal section, people actually putting theory into practice, discussing calmly and motivating each other.

...but hey, whenever anything is free and open to the masses, you're always going to get this happening.

I agree about your sort of "license to thread' approach DOM
    I hear you. I like helping people, but there are a lot of threads that go in circles and it's pointless to post in them because you just wind up arguing the same old stuff. Like going to failure, compounds vs. isos, low reps vs. high reps, etc. Some people can't get through life without thinking (and then arguing) in absolutes. Like "if you don't go to failure it's a wasted set." "Do compounds, isos are ****." "High reps are useless, I only train heavy." You know, it helps them sleep at night.

Originally Posted by aqua-beowulf
    Congrats to big Aussie Dom... his bodyspace made the front page!
    You know me Tom, that's the last thing I'd want. There are other people who deserve the spotlight more. Hola and Big D's profiles should be stickies on that page

PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Dom, decided I'd drop in because I havn't been here in a while. I had to go back like 18 pages of comments to find a workout, lol . Anyways, thats some serious shoulder pressing power you got there. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know that I am always impressed by a big shoulder press, and you got a big shoulder press

DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dominik, you said you watched a lot of powerlifting and strongman vids. So which vids did you use as example for your own deadlift/squat and benchpress form?

I'm very interested in this, especially the first 2, since I want to improve my own form. I really want to strenghen my lower back/core, don't want any lower back injuries. I'm a little skittish about that because both my parents had hernia disks and back problems.