alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000)

College Training/Dining Halls

Hey guys I just started college a few weeks ago...and I have to say before I came I was scared about not being able to get adequate nutrition, as I figured it would be nothing but fried bull****. I WAS WRONG. Every meal they serve plain broiled chicken breasts, plain turkey breats, salmon fillets, brown rice, wheat pasta, cottage cheese, PLAIN steamed veggies, and skim milk. I was shocked. I've always had a good diet but wow this has taken clean bulking to a new level. Also they let us take 32 ounces of milk out with a nalgene bottle every time we go...so i get all the skim I could ever need.
    -HOWEVER- The gym is another issue. It's closed between 9am-3pm EVERY weekday for idiot weight lifting classes : ( and from 3-9pm there are easily 100 people in the gym..and almost everyone in there is just some musclebeach stick doing biceps abs and chest every single day haha. So my only choice was to go every morning at 6am before my 8:30 lecture. Then its just 20 dedicated guys who don't **** around. How do you guys like training in college compared to home?

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, colleges serve a lot of healthy foods cause they have to serve a wide variety of people who all have different nutritional needs.

As for training, I like training at college. Im up at 6 am, I eat my breakfast and im lifting by 7 30 am until 9 am. There is usually only a couple people in the gym so its peaceful. Only problem is the weights are kinda old and they dont have a huge variety of equipment but gots what I need. I like training at home more of course, less stress.

Day starts at 6 am, lift eat, classes 10-3.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats great to hear, just in case you were thinking of transfering to fresno state, dont do it. They deep fry just about everything. As well as serve week old food by just adding a sauce or something on top of it.

SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    haha...yeah, USF loves patty melts. Im currenlty bound by contract to buy a $1000+ meal plan since im a first year student but im fighting it.

As for the gym, i go around 7. They have so much equipment. Its great!

Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matthews227 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SleepLifter
    haha...yeah, USF loves patty melts. Im currenlty bound by contract to buy a $1000+ meal plan since im a first year student but im fighting it.

As for the gym, i go around 7. They have so much equipment. Its great!
    Do you mean the universtiy of San Francisco, if you do i had a couple of buddies that went there. I bet they wished they had the 1000+ meal plan because half way through the semester they had no money left because they spent it on stuff like those huge lolli pops you can buy. I heard you can buy all kinds of crazy stuff with your meal money there.

SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nope i mean the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA...GOOOOOOOO BULLS!

CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was also worried, but now I'm doing all you can eat breakfast for 4$ and all you can eat lunch and dinner for 6$. Mornings I'll have eggs with four types of meat and two types of cheese, some type of potatos, maybe some pancakes or french toast, and lots of milk. Later in the day they serve tons of different types of food.

I am worried about when it comes time to cut...usually cutting has been easy for me but with all this food around it's going to be very difficult.
    ~Reasons to do cardio During a Bulk~
    You will be able to bulk for longer with less bodyfat
    You will be able to cut for less time
    Cardio makes you hungry, so you eat more
    It will increase your oxygen uptake, more endurance
    Allows you to increase calories eaten
    Improves circulation so your protein and supps get there more efficiently
    Increases recuperation by ridding you of lactic acid

Freshmen Year HS: Size 42, 230 lbs
    End of Senior Year HS: Size 32, 168 lbs

Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hubbard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My uni gym is so packed it's so bad, and I'm not a morning person so I may just have to become one, it's like walk in and you see 10 people curlin

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice about the caf, I never had that good of food choices in my 2 years living on campus. As far as lifting goes, we have 2 gyms on campus, the rec for non athletes and an athletes gym. Both of which are packed. So I go to another place in town called "The Gym" its a hardcore powerlifting gym in an industrial warehouse complex. And its only $99 per 4 months for students.

Chuckles
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alaska21
    -HOWEVER- The gym is another issue. It's closed between 9am-3pm EVERY weekday for idiot weight lifting classes : ( and from 3-9pm there are easily 100 people in the gym..and almost everyone in there is just some musclebeach stick doing biceps abs and chest every single day haha. So my only choice was to go every morning at 6am before my 8:30 lecture. Then its just 20 dedicated guys who don't **** around. How do you guys like training in college compared to home?
    I loved it. I just finished my grad program and miss the freedom to be honest. However, the limited gym times did get on my nerves even though my school had five gyms. I just joined a private gym a few blocks away instead which isn't an option for everyone.

I'll tell you man it only gets tougher with a full time job and traveling. I've become quiet creative at eating out, traveling with meals/supplements, or just dealing with co-workers who don't "get me" yet. Eitherway, you get by just as long as you don't lose focus on your goals.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Deez 12 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    my school's caf isnt the greatest but i can honestly say im surprised that they serve as much healthy **** as they do.. and the gym.. well thats a diff story.. i go at 7am every mornign and theres absolutely nobody there.. after that, from liek 10am till 10pm its packed like sardines. so i usually am back to rez at about 8-8:30, i take a protein shake, go shower and then go eat a full plate of scrambled eggs (nasty i know, theres soo much butter... but i dunno what else to eat and im bulking so **** it), then go to class... its gonna be a decent year

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dieting and training in school is all mental. if you make yourself do it you will do it, but if you telll yourself you're too busy or there is so much junk food around you so why not give into it you may not be too successful.

guranteed that every school has a buffet style cafeteria which means you have a lot of options to food. fresh veggies, fruit, cc, milk, meats, etc. then id assume you have your typical cafeteria with a burger joint, pizza place, sub shack and so on...you can typically find something decent to eat there too. it may take a while and a bit of will power but once you figure out which spots on campus to hit up you will be fine.

training wise, like it has been said learn to love the early morning workout. kids in college hate getting up and more than that hate getting up to go workout. if you think you have a chance to get a workout in after classes i hope you like to deal with lots and lots of people.

ps...if you think its bad now just wait til the new year with all those resolutions and then pre-spring break. yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"