Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)

Weightlifting shoes or Wrestling shoes?

There is likely a better place to ask this...but the traffic on the Misc section will likely get me better answers than in the equipment section.

I would like some shoes with little to no shock absorption. wrestling shoes are a cheap alternative to the Adidas weight lifting shoes which start at $130 online.

I can get a pair of wrestling shoes locally (I get to try them on first) for just $40.

I am pretty sure the wrestling shoes have a much more narrow base than a weightlifting shoe but similar in shock absorption.

Can anyone comment on this? I will not pay $130 for weightlifting shoes online...and nobody locally sells them (that I know of).

Can anyone give any insight into using wrestling shoes for squats and deadlifts?

Or can you provide links to cheaper weight lifting shoes online?

I also tried on an indoor pair of soccer shoes...they were too tight for my comfort...but they offered relatively little shock absorption...and they were int he $40 range also.
    Last edited by pickitup; 10-05-2006 at 08:49 AM.

bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bearlydavid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just go to wrestling one or something

Wrestling shoes are cheap... Or just buy them from your local sports store

glitter boy (no hetero) TwiloMike's Avatar
    TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a pair that I paid $80 for... Otomix Ultimate Trainers. If you sign up for their newsletter they will send you, practically the next day, codes for online discounts of up to 20% and stuff. You can score some very nice lifting shoes at a fairly reasonable price there.

Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turd Ferguson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've heard that Converse shoes work good because they have a nice flat sole. Also they are made of canvas which helps support the foot as it is pushed outward while squatting.

EDIT: I usually squat in my socks...

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)

Misc forum traffic is a double edged sword...

Due to the traffic...my topic has drifted off to the 5007 page in about 2 hours...

BUMP.

Should I post this int he exercise forum?