Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Best Overall Weight Gainer?

If you had to pick just ONE weight gainer (protein powder), what would be the best one?

Please pick product and include the brand. Give your reasons. The best answers will be displayed on the main Bodybuilding.com site for millions of people to see!

(Note: This is not a discussion about how or when to take weight gainers, if you should take weight gainers, or why some weight gainers are NOT good. Just list your absolute favorite weight gainer and give your detailed reason.)

esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it possible to include a poll such that noobs like me can tell which one is the most popular/recommended brand?

Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed, A poll would do great, if possible

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You don't need a poll, the website already has that.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gaintop.htm

As for the topic of this thread.

First thanks to the admin for replying so fast to my request to have this thread .

I bought some BSN True Mass and I have to say the taste is bar none of anything else I've tasted so far. Strawberry.

And it goes down SOOOO easy, no heavy bloating after downing 2 scoops with 2 whole eggs in 500ml of water. It also mixes extremely well, I tried simply using a shaker bottle and could not tell the difference from using a blender.

The only thing that is making me look elswhere, the higher price.

I'm in a bulk phasing and I will try CytoGain next as it is less expensive and has MUCH less sugar.
    Last edited by Blashy; 10-04-2006 at 01:52 PM.
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see, CytoSport's Cyto Gainer is the top seller (their Muscle Milk is popular too but I think that's used for something else?). I guess we can deduce that since most people use CytoGainer, that means more people will recommend it? I would also like to hear from people who have used Muscle Juice (cheapest per calorie) , ON Pro Gainer and Serious Mass, and Super Gainers Fuel (highest serving of calories/protein/carbs/fat),

Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Universal Real Gains in Chocolate

1.Great taste
    2.Mixes well in shaker bottle
    3.MCT's and Flax
    4.Over 50 grams of protein in a serving
    5.Less than 100 grams of carbs in a serving
    6.Over 600 calories per serving

squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by Epihall
    Universal Real Gains in Chocolate

1.Great taste
    2.Mixes well in shaker bottle
    3.MCT's and Flax
    4.Over 50 grams of protein in a serving
    5.Less than 100 grams of carbs in a serving
    6.Over 600 calories per serving
    Yeah its not to bad . Taste is not to bad either , I have had alot worst for sure.
    Strongman/Powerlifter

Height - 5' 6"
    Weight - 237#

Squat , Squat and Squat , and when you are so sick of Squatting you wanna puke . Go puke and Squat some more.

BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Funny, I was going to create this exactly thread......

Subscribed. Looking forward to reading closely! The ones that have been reccomended to me are:

Infusion / Mass Meal / Universal Real Gains
    Lifting is a lifestyle.

rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsm688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    only thing ive tried is cyto gainer.....and i love it....the pounds are adding up quicker than ever now

exan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Universal Real Gains Rules!!!... Read The Nutrition Label Contents.

BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by exan
    Universal Real Gains Rules!!!... Read The Nutrition Label Contents.
    Dang....just read it. That's some really good stuff!!!!

That being said, Infusion also seems to have really good ingredients:

100% undenatured Whey Protein Isolate (98% pure protein dry basis), Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate both containing microfractions, Micellar Alpha and Beta Casiens and Cassienates, Alpha-Lactalbumin, Purified Bovine Colostrum Extract rich in Secretory IgA and IGF-1, Glutamine Peptides. Lipid complex selected for thermogenic and unique energy properties (Bio- Engineered Polyunsaturated Long-Chain Vegetable Oils] Sunflower Oil, MCT's, CLA), Raw Oats, Oat Meal Powder, Maltodextrin, L-leucine, L-phenylalanine, oligofructose, Lecithin, Acesulfame-potassium, Natural and artificial flavors, Sucralose.
    Last edited by BenchPsr83; 10-03-2006 at 08:55 PM.
    Lifting is a lifestyle.

Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mass Meal ErgoPharm, great taste and ingredients
    Last edited by Fuerza_M; 10-03-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt1975 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ON Serious Mass

So far(have not tried Cyto yet), it has the best taste. Mixes well, even in a shaker(i split it 1 serving but 2 shakes). And with the 1250 cal. It makes a good 625cal twice a day meal replacement if needed.

sick6ness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ON Serious Mass, Id have to agree this stuff rocks. I went from 163 to 170 in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by BenchPsr83
    Dang....just read it. That's some really good stuff!!!!

That being said, Infusion also seems to have really good ingredients:

100% undenatured Whey Protein Isolate (98% pure protein dry basis), Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate both containing microfractions, Micellar Alpha and Beta Casiens and Cassienates, Alpha-Lactalbumin, Purified Bovine Colostrum Extract rich in Secretory IgA and IGF-1, Glutamine Peptides. Lipid complex selected for thermogenic and unique energy properties (Bio- Engineered Polyunsaturated Long-Chain Vegetable Oils] Sunflower Oil, MCT's, CLA), Raw Oats, Oat Meal Powder, Maltodextrin, L-leucine, L-phenylalanine, oligofructose, Lecithin, Acesulfame-potassium, Natural and artificial flavors, Sucralose.
    Looks okay but Infusion seems to be in the category of Muscle Milk. I don't think it falls under weight gainer powder (500+ calories) since it only has 384 calories.

Believe the Unbelievable! TeamInzer's Avatar
    TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000) TeamInzer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by admin
    If you had to pick just ONE weight gainer (protein powder), what would be the best one?

Please pick product and include the brand. Give your reasons. The best answers will be displayed on the main Bodybuilding.com site for millions of people to see!

(Note: This is not a discussion about how or when to take weight gainers, if you should take weight gainers, or why some weight gainers are NOT good. Just list your absolute favorite weight gainer and give your detailed reason.)

the one with the most amount of calories in a serving

crazyhorse666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BSN True Mass and mus milk. them are the bast I no of

rudeboii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation cyto gainer

I've been on Cyto Gainer ever since I started lifting, and while it put on 30 lbs in a year, I have plateaued at 195 and can't seem to put on any more pounds, and it has been 6 months! Any suggestions?

NDiesel82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDiesel82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NDiesel82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like Pro-Labs' N-Large 2. I started using it and in a month i put on 5 pounds of lean muscle.

ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ksa-muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

real gains for the time being

but im planning on having cytogainer after finishing my two 6.85 Lbs tubs

Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Real gains is awesome I think you can get some samples from G diesel or Universal Rep

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    SNI Xtreme Pro Mass looks like some pretty good ****. over 600 calories per serving, 50g protein, 98g carbs, 3.5g fat; it's extremely cheap over here - £29.99 for 15lbs. i'll buy some and review it on here.

Location: Surrey, Walton on thames, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Havn't tried enough to tell to be honest.
    Current Lifts - B 140kg x 5| S 185kg x 3 | D 200kg x 6 | Front S 130kg x 5 |

☆☆☆ υк ¢яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Occasional competitor crew ☆☆☆

sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50) sensitive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dymatize High Protein Mega Gainer is good. Never tried it though but i looked at the nutrient profile. has 600 calories per serving.

Also QuickMass by Allmax looks interesting. 1000 calories per serving.

What do u guys think?

HI-Meat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HDT Solid Gains takes the cake.

I've been bulking HARD for 2 years on and off mostly on and i've found a few gainers that definately help... True Mass from ON Nutrition has a good 2-1 carb to protien ratio and tastes decent, only problem is mixing it all up. As with most gainers they clump and it can feel like your eating your shake rather than drinking it This is opposite of HDT's Solid Gains. Mixes smoothly and tastes good. Not too haevy but it has 900 calories w/ a relatively low fat index, 2-1 carb to protien ratio... I usually add a little flaxseed or olive oil in my morning gainer shake and postworkout gainer. Long story short since November 04 - present the lean mass is +44 lbs. Never had much bodyfat so I was pretty little then, just pay attention to your timing and very little will get put towards fat.

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by HI-Meat
    I've been bulking HARD for 2 years on and off mostly on and i've found a few gainers that definately help... True Mass from ON Nutrition has a good 2-1 carb to protien ratio and tastes decent, only problem is mixing it all up. As with most gainers they clump and it can feel like your eating your shake rather than drinking it This is opposite of HDT's Solid Gains. Mixes smoothly and tastes good. Not too haevy but it has 900 calories w/ a relatively low fat index, 2-1 carb to protien ratio... I usually add a little flaxseed or olive oil in my morning gainer shake and postworkout gainer. Long story short since November 04 - present the lean mass is +44 lbs. Never had much bodyfat so I was pretty little then, just pay attention to your timing and very little will get put towards fat.

FYI the BSN True Mass does not clump. It actually can be mix by hand. The stuff simply liquifies in no time.

I did two scoops in a glass and only used an egg beater by hand and it took less than 20 seconds. WITH 2 whole eggs added in.

I just ordered some Universal Rail Gains, I'll review it.
    Last edited by Blashy; 10-04-2006 at 01:51 PM.
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

Jesburger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Allmax Quickmass

Calories 1010
    Calories from fat 120
    Total Fat 14g 22%
    Carbohydrates 168g 56%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 29g
    Protein 56g 114%

Originally Posted by TeamInzer
    the one with the most amount of calories in a serving
    That means TwinLab's Super Gainers Fuel wins. It has the following:

Calories 2560
    Calories from Fat 240
    Total Fat 27g
    Saturated Fat 25g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 35g
    Carbohydrates 478g
    Protein 102g

As for taste and mixability? I don't know but someone please let us know.
    As for price....a 10lb tub only gives you 7 servings for $42?! Is that an error? That's pretty steep!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainprot.htm

The serving is a whopping 661.7g! Very misleading. If you take Muscle Juice with the same amount of serving as TLSGF, UNMJ will have 2695 calories!

For the curious...a 661.7g serving equals (in calories):
    Real Gains = 2604
    Cyto Gainer = 2735
    Serious Mass = 2476
    True Mass = 2856
    Isopure Mass = 2481
    Mega Gainer = 2452
    Pro Blend Solid Gains = 2551
    Pro Complex Gainer = 2580
    N-Large 2 = 2612
    Quick Mass = 2652

So the real winner is BSN's True Mass. Over 100 calories more than 2nd place CytoSport's Cyto Gainer.
    Last edited by esquire415; 10-04-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Universal Real Gains.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by esquire415
    So the real winner is BSN's True Mass. Over 100 calories more than 2nd place CytoSport's Cyto Gainer.
    Yes, but true mass is also 140 more calories in just sugar/fat.