Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    formerlibero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formerlibero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formerlibero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formerlibero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formerlibero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formerlibero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MHP Up Your Mass Cookies and Cream or Cinnabun is by far the best tasting and filling weight gainer i've used.

NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been using Cyto since I started my gain period (two weeks ago) and so far I've gained two pounds, a decent number. I tried the GNC Mass XXX but after a week of it I couldn't stomach it anymore; too sweet and too thick to take twice a day.

Cyto Gainer mixes a whole lot better and is definately one of the better tasting. I'd recommend it for any serious gainers, though my opinion would weigh a whole lot more if I did, haha.
    Last edited by NEDM; 10-29-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    mass meal by ergopharm

S-Man23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) S-Man23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hazman
    for the cyto gainer do you have to take the actual serving amount? or can you adjust it to your own figures, because i swear ive read that 55g of protein or more doesnt get fully digested? :S

Cytogainer and Muscle Milk have been the only two protein powders i've used consistently because of the low or no lactose content. Muscle milk taste great and is good for leaning out. Cytogainer was the first one i tried, and it helped me go from 145 lbs. to 160 lbs. in about 3 months. I was not taking it as directed. I would only take 3 scoops after workout, and 3 scoops the morning following my workout. I did'nt want 52 grams of protein at once, i've read that a lot of protien at one sitting can wreak havoc on your liver.
    Heres a shake that i like to make after my workout: 4 scoops cytogainer, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 8 oz. lactaid lactose free milk, 1 tbsp. honey, 4 frozen strawberries, 1 bananna, 1/2 cup of ice, blend till smooth.
    I like it too because its cheap.

ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best weight and CHEAPEST weight gainer ever

whey pro*, ground oats, dextrose and milk

*your personal favorite brand but stay away from fruity flavors cause of taste
    Lift some weights. Eat some steaks.

http://bodybuildingmecca.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=973

357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MRI-Up Your MASS
    Originally Posted by formerlibero
    MHP Up Your Mass Cookies and Cream or Cinnabun is by far the best tasting and filling weight gainer i've used.
    And its low glycemic carbs
    anyways......

The advanced MacrobolicT Nutrition profile in Up Your Mass provides the precise 45/35/20 ratio of macro nutrients (carbohydrates, protein, fat) your body needs to create tremendous gains in muscle size and strength. without added fat ! Whether you're a pro athlete who needs to pack on mass for an upcoming event, or a teenage hardgainer who has difficulty gaining weight, Up Your Mass can help you blast through previously unconquerable with traditional weight gainers. MHP's "Every Calorie Counts" credo is being proven by the many pro athletes who use Up Your Mass daily, including WWE Superstar/Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle, and America's Three Strongest Men - Steve Kirit, Phil Pfister, and Mark Philippi.

Glycemix LGIT - Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy and are of vital importance to exercise performance. However, high glycemic carbs like sugars (Dextrose, Sucrose) can have a negative impact on performance and body composition. Glycemix LGI is a unique agglomerate of low glycemic carbohydrates (barley, oats and oat fiber), that provides sustained energy, improved glycogen replenishment and stable blood sugar levels.

ProbolicT - This dynamic sustained release protein matrix (Supro soy protein isolate, whey concentrate, casein) provides a quick, medium and slow release of amino acids for both fast and long term nitrogen retention. The Probolic protein matrix supplies large amounts of Arginine, Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) and OVER 5 GRAMS of GLUTAMINE per serving critical for muscle building and recovery.

Lipid Complex - Essential Fatty Acids are extremely important nutrients for health and performance. In fact, the right sources of fats may help improve hormone functions and provide energy. EFA's slow down the digestion of carbohydrates and proteins, helping to stabilize insulin release and improve nitrogen retention. Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's) provide a good source of energy and help preserve muscle glycogen. The Up Your MASS multi-functional Lipid Complex also contains CLA, which has been shown to increase lean mass.

46g High Quality Sustained Release Protein
    Loaded with Glutamine & Branch Chain Amino Acids
    Low Glycemic Carbs
    Outrageous Taste
    Order it here
    Last edited by 357mag; 10-31-2006 at 02:07 PM.
    A former shadow of myself

Gymrat_29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't like any of them. My smoothy bar at gold's had a drink which has 3000 cals 80g protein and only 7g fat. It only cost $6.50 per and tastes great. Can't see the point in giving some company $7-$8 per serving for half the cals and protein and a fourth of the taste. Now if anyone knows of a weight gainer with these type stats let me know. Otherwise I'm going to start making my own.
    Last edited by Gymrat_29; 10-31-2006 at 03:52 PM.

ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectofreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gymrat_29
    I don't like any of them. My smoothy bar at gold's had a drink which has 3000 cals 80g protein and only 7g fat. It only cost $6.50 per and tastes great. Can't see the point in giving some company $7-$8 per serving for half the cals and protein and a fourth of the taste. Now if anyone knows of a weight gainer with these type stats let me know. Otherwise I'm going to start making my own.
    I'm guessing you meant 300 cals. Which is hardly worthy of being considered a weight gainer. Two scoops of your avg whey powder is gonna give you 230 cals and will only cost you 50 cents!

At 3000 cals... given your other macros, that would be 654g of carbs and lets be honest here, thats just not possible in ONE shake. If it is, there is so much sugar in that thing it cant possibly be considered healthy.
    Last edited by ectofreak; 10-31-2006 at 04:22 PM.

http://bodybuildingmecca.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=973

Sorry 2000 cals with 405g in carbs. Mostly fruit carbs whicj is a must after a high intensity workout. Need to replenish glycogen so protein isn't used for energy. But I'm sure you know that

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    holy insulin^^^

perfect waste of $6.50 in my opinion. Yes carbs are important after lifting, but replenishing glycogen is a 24 hour process, 405g of carbs at once is rediculous
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

2_eclipsed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have noticed my best results with true mass. i have also tried n-large and iso bolics. imo true mass taste the best and is less filling, which is good for me because i can't eat a lot. when i took the others i would have to wait so long b4 i would feel hungry enough to eat something.

HELLO. YES, THIS IS DOG. ironstrife's Avatar
    ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    massmeal choco fudge... best tasting powder in the world!..

Originally Posted by rippednshredded
    holy insulin^^^

perfect waste of $6.50 in my opinion. Yes carbs are important after lifting, but replenishing glycogen is a 24 hour process, 405g of carbs at once is rediculous
    405g of carbs?! even thats redic... thats LITERALLY a gallon of orange juice. how can you possibly consume that after a workout without it spilling over into the next meal.

S-Man23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) S-Man23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All i got to say is, i pity your organs (pancreas, liver, kidneys). That many calories, carbs and for the love of god, 80g of protein? wtf? half of that probably gets flushed out anyway, if your intestines aren't storing it creating a cancerous impactment. yikes!

Maybe I'll pass on the shake!!! DOn't need my intestines exploding!!!!

vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000)
    holy insulin^^^
    Yeah thats pretty absurd
    you can boast about anything if it?s all you have. Maybe the less you have, the more you are required to boast.

212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500) 212121 is not very helpful. (-500)
    so what do we look for in a gainer? carbohydrates right? they are the main source of energy. sorry i don't know what calories mean, are they energy or bad?

i know that most gainers suck because they use sugar as their main source of energy, that's something REALLY bad and will only make you fat.

i found this gainer by reflex nutrition, what do you think?

http://www.reflex-nutrition.com/spor...cument_5_2.php

While other companies still use maltodextrin as the main source of carbohydrate for their weight gain formulas, Reflex Nutrition have taken the initiative and brought you a unique alternative.

Organic Source of Carbohydrate

Instant Mass is the first high quailty weight gainer to contain an exclusive blend of organic barley and oats. This organic source of carbohydrate provides a low glycemic source of energy along with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.

52 Grams of Whey Protein and Micellar Casein.

Organic
    Organic agriculture is a safe, sustainable farming system, producing healthy crops and livestock without damage to the environment.

It avoids the use of artificial chemical fertilisers and pesticides on the land, relying instead on developing a healthy, fertile soil and growing a mixture of crops. In this way, the farm remains biologically balanced, with a wide variety of beneficial insects and other wildlife to act as natural predators for crop pests and a soil full of micro-organisms and earthworms to maintain its vitality.

Organic is a term defined by law and all organic food production and processing is governed by a strict set of rules.

i hope it works

snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoopy2046 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like cytogainer. It's my favorite. The chocolate malt and rocky road taste excellent too.
    N Large II's Whey Protein Concentrate gives me diarrhea.

357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 212121
    so what do we look for in a gainer? carbohydrates right? they are the main source of energy. sorry i don't know what calories mean, are they energy or bad?

i know that most gainers suck because they use sugar as their main source of energy, that's something REALLY bad and will only make you fat.

i found this gainer by reflex nutrition, what do you think?

http://www.reflex-nutrition.com/spor...cument_5_2.php

While other companies still use maltodextrin as the main source of carbohydrate for their weight gain formulas, Reflex Nutrition have taken the initiative and brought you a unique alternative.

Organic Source of Carbohydrate

Instant Mass is the first high quailty weight gainer to contain an exclusive blend of organic barley and oats. This organic source of carbohydrate provides a low glycemic source of energy along with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.

52 Grams of Whey Protein and Micellar Casein.

Organic
    Organic agriculture is a safe, sustainable farming system, producing healthy crops and livestock without damage to the environment.

It avoids the use of artificial chemical fertilisers and pesticides on the land, relying instead on developing a healthy, fertile soil and growing a mixture of crops. In this way, the farm remains biologically balanced, with a wide variety of beneficial insects and other wildlife to act as natural predators for crop pests and a soil full of micro-organisms and earthworms to maintain its vitality.

Organic is a term defined by law and all organic food production and processing is governed by a strict set of rules.

i hope it works
    I like the fact that its organic, but its kinda ironic that it has nutrasweet in it, not that they have been proven bad or anyhting, but they arnt natural, and usually organic stuff is natural everything, no GMO(genetically modified etc...) just kinda ironic
    A former shadow of myself

Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NOW CARBO GAIN ........ 100% complex carbs easily digestable. 2 scoops in the protein shake after a work out, a little extra sweet taste if any. GREAT stuff.

also best part......7pounds $13

buy it
    I am the worst day of the week

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it's maltodextrin, really shouldnt be considered complex in terms of GI
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's maltodextrin, really shouldnt be considered complex in terms of GI
    well were talking aobut weight gainers here, i just looked up the universal one and first ingrediant is maltodextrin and then protein.

i take half a cup of carbo gain and 2 scoops of protein after every work out. been going good so far, started swole v3 up 4 days ago.....up 2 lbs.

ya and im sure that 2 lbs is muscle

All I said was it's maltodextrin; don't be fooled into thinking 300 calories of carbo gain is the same as 300 calories of oats
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

ya and im sure that 2 lbs is muscle

All I said was it's maltodextrin; don't be fooled into thinking 300 calories of carbo gain is the same as 300 calories of oats
    im not trying to disagree with that in any way, im just stating for the purpose of the thread the main ingredients of one of the weight gainers discussed is basically what i take for a cheaper price.

real food > all

2lbs to me is 2 more lbs of enthusiasm to go out there and work that much harder to reach my goals.

have a good night guys

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Free Universal Real Gains Promo

Anyone interested in a chance to win 4 free tubs of Real Gains, check out this link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2#post12435302

Just a way to show appreciation for everyone here at BB.com for supporting us. Good luck fellas.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmytftw35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Real gains is the best .IMO
    Never an ex-MARINE , always a former MARINE,SEMPER FI

mirror on da flow Caucasian Urkel's Avatar
    Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caucasian Urkel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As an ecto, I've been using weight gainers every day for the last 3 years along with a solid diet.

Cytogainer is my personal favorite; low fat and most importantly LOW SUGAR. Only drawback is its expensive.

Prolab N Large 2 is reasonably priced and easy to find. A litte high on sugar but still acceptable.

Still, I'd much rather just mix oats, whey, milk and olive oil. High in fiber (oats), healthy fats, very, very low in sugar and extremely cheap.

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mass Meal... Real Gains...

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All the URL's I list lead to my review of the product.

My favorite:

Cytosport, Cytogainer

This is my favorite for the reasons of a solid profile (typical of a weight gainer), good flavoring, and a good price. Additionally, it does not have the tendency to make me feel full, which I have experienced some with other gainers.

I also recommend...
    Universal Nutrition, Real Gains

Real Gains has maybe a slight advantage profile-wise over Cytogainer, however their flavoring doesn't really keep up with Cytosport's! I would rank this number 2 overall

Optimum Nutrition, Pro Complex Gainer

Very smooth texture, this stuff is decent. The biggest drawback to this product is the price. I cannot recommend it, as I just don't find it cost-efficient. Find a good price for it, and it's pretty good!

MRM, Massive Muscle Gainer

This one is pretty good, and comes quite cheap for the amount you get. The drawback? It really fills me up the most out of all the gainers I've tried so far. This can be a problem, as it can give the tendency to want to cut out food after drinking it.
    I remember being relevant.

esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 357mag
    I like the fact that its organic, but its kinda ironic that it has nutrasweet in it, not that they have been proven bad or anyhting, but they arnt natural, and usually organic stuff is natural everything, no GMO(genetically modified etc...) just kinda ironic
    I like the organic part myself plus it has a good amount of proteins although at the expense of low amounts of carbs (therefore lower calorie content compared to CytoGainer). I hate artificial sweeteners so I would think this is a little bitter or the sweetness will taste weird or leave a nasty aftertaste. Although this can be disguised by quality flavoring, ON's Pro Complex with Splenda tasted sickeningly sweet. Reflex has artificial sweeteners (sucralose, acelsulfame k) and 'flavourings' of which we don't know if that is aritificial or natural. Natural sweeteners include erythritol, xylitol, pure maple syrup, molasses, stevia, agave nectar, Rapadura (dehydrated cane sugar juice), Sucraisin (white grape juice), rice syrup, barley malt, date sugar, and raw unfiltered honey.

I have tried stevia (the higher the stevioside and rebaudioside content, the sweeter it is). However, it has a bitter and liquorice-like after-taste, especially at high concentration. I bought 10 packets from Vitacost to try it but i'm not sure if I can ever get used to the taste. I read that the more rebaudioside in stevia, the less bitter aftertaste. I probably got a bad brand.
    Last edited by esquire415; 11-04-2006 at 03:36 PM.