Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile Hi. Can anyone give some tips and advice on my new diet, and help with routine?

Hi

I am just starting out bodybuilding. I am currently 16, and weigh about 130 pounds, though my scales are abit dodgy so it might be higher. I am 5"8. So, i am quite skinny. My goal is to bulk up to something like 150 pounds(for now, anyway), and gain strength at the same time. So anyway heres what my diet looks like.

breakfast(8am)-
    3 Weetabix (high fiber, no sugar, no salt cereal, like oatmeal) with milk
    Cup of Yoghurt
    A Croissant

Mid morning Snack(10 am)-
    Turkey/PB/Beef Sandwich, Bottle Water

Lunch(12:15 pm)- Large Turkey sandwich (like 130g turkey, and it's fresh from the deli) with cheese, in a big breadrole
    Bottle of Water

Mid Afternoon Snack (3pm)-
    PB Sandwich, some glasses of milk

Preworkout Snack (6pm)- Really am unsure what to have. Water will be drunk throughout though. Same with post workout snack, should i have one, or just wait till dinner?

Dinner(7pm)-
    Things like Steak with various types of potatoes, or Egg tasales (pasta with made with eggs, more protein) and meat sauce
    Grilled Hamburgers (done on george foreman grill? or as i so skinny will it matter?)

Pre Bed snack(10pm)
    PB sandwich with some glasses of milk, maybe a yoghurt

I have ordered some supplements. Am getting some EAS simply whey to make shakes. When would be the best time to have them? it's more conveniant to make and drink shakes at home for me, so i was maybe thinking a shake at 3pm, and one before i go to bed at 10pm.
    I'm also getting some weight gain powder stuff for calories, when would be a good idea to take this.
    Don't think i'll get creatine until a few weeks into this new diet, don't want to overload my body with too many changes.

As for my workout, i'm kind of unsure what would be best for me. I have time to workout anyday, so that's not a problem.
    should i follow one of the timetables listed in the articles on this website? should i be aiming at low reps, high weight? How do i know the best weight to go with for things like bicep curl? like the other day i did 3 sets of 10rep Dumbbell curls, with 10 pound dumbells, which were kinda heavy to me (not amazingly, but they did offer resistance), and 2 days later my arms still ache abit. Is this normal, meaning i tore the fibres and they will grow back? or does it mean i've overtrained and should step down the weight.
    My bench and barbell should arrive monday, so i will have enough equipment to perform a full work out, right? i didn't want to join a gym cause it'd be embassesing a skinny guy trying to work the weights, and i am very determined to gain weight so i will make the most of my money

thank you for any replies

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your diet looks ok. If you could workout maybe an hour or an hour and a half earlier it would really benefit you though. Cause then you could have a post workout shake with your EAS Whey protein and some creatine mixed with dextrose(gatorade power is an example) when you get your creatine. Make sure your intaking enough calories, 19 to 20 times your bodyweight.

To answer your question about being sore, yes it is perfectly fine.

As for your routine, can you list the equiptment that you have? This way we can hook you up with a routine. I'm thinking a 2 day full body split would be good for you.

Bignbuff

Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000) Acidvoodoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for reply.

Yes, i can bring my workout forward to like 5pm then.

The equipment i have got in a 50kg Barbell and Dumbbell set, and a bench with butterfly and leg curl/thigh extension

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Acidvoodoo

The equipment i have got in a 50kg Barbell and Dumbbell set, and a bench with butterfly and leg curl/thigh extension
    Alright then I'd say a full body split twice a week would be good for about a month or two to gain some mass and then you can start a split. Here's what you can do.

Monday-
    Squats(you can use DB's if you can't get the Barbell Over your head)
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    Flat Barbell or Dumbell Bench Press
    Dumbell Military Press
    Bent Over Barbell Rows
    Skullcrushers(Lying Triceps Ext.)
    Barbell Curls

Thursday-
    Deadlifts(if you have a weak lower back, replace these with lunges and you can work lower back when you start a split)
    Standing Calf Raises(DB's in your hands)
    Incline Barbell or Dumbell Press
    Side Lateral Raises
    Dumbbell Shrugs
    Pullups(do them if you can find a bar, if not then do some dumbell rows)
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Hammer Curls

For sets and reps I would do two sets of 6-10 on every excercise. For excercise descriptions go here.
    http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

If you have any more questions than just post.

Bignbuff

so, what does a 2 day split have over say a 3 or 4 day split? is it cause my muscles aren't used to the recovery, which is why my byceps are still acheing after 48 hours hehe

so, what does a 2 day split have over say a 3 or 4 day split? is it cause my muscles aren't used to the recovery, which is why my byceps are still acheing after 48 hours hehe
    That's not a split. It's a two day full body routine which is common for beginners to do in order to get a strong base, then after a month or two of doing that they start a split. Your actually working muscles twice a week but with different excercises. It shouldn't be a problem for you though since you're a newbie. Then hopefully after two month's on this you'll feel confident enough to go to a gym and then we can hook you up with a split. You must also eat right though, nutrition is about 60 percent of it, some people even think it's more.

Originally posted by bignbuff
    That's not a split. It's a two day full body routine which is common for beginners to do in order to get a strong base, then after a month or two of doing that they start a split. Your actually working muscles twice a week but with different excercises. It shouldn't be a problem for you though since you're a newbie. Then hopefully after two month's on this you'll feel confident enough to go to a gym and then we can hook you up with a split. You must also eat right though, nutrition is about 60 percent of it, some people even think it's more.
    oh, i need a gym for bulking? i always thought you could do everything with dumbbell and barebell, and that weight machines were 'bad', and gym is good for cardio.

how long, if everything goes to plan, do you think it would be before i notice results on the scales and results in the mirror?
    i mean, i'm eating way more then i was before now, and drinking alot more also, so i'm hoping that things go well, though i do know that it takes along time.

oh, and you know it you said "2 sets of 6-10 reps", does that mean i do say, 6 lifts, rest a minute, 7 lifts, rest, 8 lifts etc, for every excersise, then repeat everything again for the second set?

and for each rep, i'm going for high weight aren't I?

oh, i need a gym for bulking? i always thought you could do everything with dumbbell and barebell, and that weight machines were 'bad', and gym is good for cardio.

how long, if everything goes to plan, do you think it would be before i notice results on the scales and results in the mirror?
    i mean, i'm eating way more then i was before now, and drinking alot more also, so i'm hoping that things go well, though i do know that it takes along time.
    No I didn't say you needed a gym. The reason a gym is good is because they have key machines and stations for you such as squat racks, dip stations, hack squat machines, etc. You don't need to worry about that now though. Just keep dieting hard and training with intensity. I would say by the end two months you should be able to see some gains. However, don't measure and weight yourself every day as it can be dissapointing. I say weigh yourself once a week and measure yourself every month or so.

oh, and you know it you said "2 sets of 6-10 reps", does that mean i do say, 6 lifts, rest a minute, 7 lifts, rest, 8 lifts etc, for every excersise, then repeat everything again for the second set?

and for each rep, i'm going for high weight aren't I?
    That means that you should choose a weight that you can do however many # or sets for 6-10 reps with. That is just a guide of the rep range, you should be able to do more reps on the first set than the second. For instance on bench press if you load the bar up with 150 and you do it for 9 reps on the first set, you should be able to at least get 6 on the second set. Did I explain it good or are you still confused? 6-12 reps are the best for hypertrophy(bodybuilding) training.

Bignbuff

That means that you should choose a weight that you can do however many # or sets for 6-10 reps with. That is just a guide of the rep range, you should be able to do more reps on the first set than the second. For instance on bench press if you load the bar up with 150 and you do it for 9 reps on the first set, you should be able to at least get 6 on the second set. Did I explain it good or are you still confused? 6-12 reps are the best for hypertrophy(bodybuilding) training.

Bignbuff
    i think it's just the whole x-x reps. i guess i'll just have to try it to see what you mean. Does it mean i should go for a weight that is really heavy that i can only just manage to do that 6,7,8,9 or 10 repititions with? might that risk damage?

i think it's just the whole x-x reps. i guess i'll just have to try it to see what you mean. Does it mean i should go for a weight that is really heavy that i can only just manage to do that 6,7,8,9 or 10 repititions with? might that risk damage?
    Yes that's what it means. Sorry I couldn't respnd sooner but I was studying for midterms last night. The only damage you should worry about is on a flat barbell bench or incline barbell bench. Just make sure you get a spotter if you choose to do them with barbells.

Yes that's what it means. Sorry I couldn't respnd sooner but I was studying for midterms last night. The only damage you should worry about is on a flat barbell bench or incline barbell bench. Just make sure you get a spotter if you choose to do them with barbells.
    so as long as i can lift it, then there isn't really any risk of pulling anything, as long as i take it slowly