Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No more smoking, enough is enough

Today its for real. I haven't had a cigarette all day. Kinda thinking bout one right now....Hmmmm...I had enough with the smoking habit. 1 Pack a day for the last 10 years in enough. Its ****ing retarded to even think about how healthy we all eat, and how hard we work in the gym, just to light one up. Makes no ****ing sense to me.

Wish me some luck guys, I can't fail at this. I won't fail.

Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raz65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck man, go for it! Be free!

Orgoonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been free for two years now.
    It's hard,but well worth it.You CAN do it!
    Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last.

bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iannotti
    Today its for real. I haven't had a cigarette all day. Kinda thinking bout one right now....Hmmmm...I had enough with the smoking habit. 1 Pack a day for the last 10 years in enough. Its ****ing retarded to even think about how healthy we all eat, and how hard we work in the gym, just to light one up. Makes no ****ing sense to me.

you got this bro, come on.
    just act like someone is yelling at you for the last rep on bench lol.

my dad hasnt smoked in 6 years and just recently quited drinking. its all mental.

best of luck towards it.

GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dawg you got it, it's gonna be tough. Just pull through it.

I'm sure everybody supports you with this man, it's definitly not worth it, you can do it.
    "There are forty million poor people...why are there forty million poor people in America? And when...you ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy."

"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    been there, done that, 10months or so now, was easy

read allan carr book

Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I wish you the absolute best in your quest to be monkey free!

I quit last November after about 10 years on and off. I fell off the wagon three or four times this summer but each time I had no desire to smoke, I was just bored and not working out so I fell back on old habits.

The absolute best resource for support and general information on what tobacco does to you and just how it can actually kill many of the gains you make in the gym is http://whyquit.com/ the guy who runs it is great he is plain spoken, he doesn't talk down to the people he is trying to help and he is genuinely knowledgeable about smoking, its addictive nature and its physical effects.

Check it out, whenever I feel the urge i just go there and get a reality check.

Good luck man, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    You can know all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds.

Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesy_5603 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey man, its awesome ur gonna try and quit smoking, but be prepared for some weight gain...
    F*ck Genetics!

Treat every single set like it is your last set.
    Treat every single rep like your life depends on it.
    Train with an intensity that scares the sh!t out of every person in your path.
    Train Like a Barbarian!

bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bravo03_old is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jonesy_5603
    hey man, its awesome ur gonna try and quit smoking, but be prepared for some weight gain...
    hes right, hit the gym harder.

iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the support guys. I hope some of you smokers join in also and quit....I hope I don't put on weight, I'm trying to drop at least 2o...

Tantus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Patrok
    been there, done that, 10months or so now, was easy

read allan carr book

sumtin like that...

smoke free for like 2 months now... happy, enjoying it, sooooo easy...

the book is Allen Carr's EasyWay To Stop Smoking... now that i come to think bout it... should be a sticky... smoking really f***s up your workout.

good luck... i guess, luck is not needed, howerver, if you succeed, but still feel miserable... read the book... if you cant "quit", read the book... if you're bored... read the book.......... lol, im starting to sound like allen carr's rep
    25 YO
    210lbs
    Getting after 4 months away from the gym, 2 of them in bed...

From Chile. Yes, that thin, long stripe right next to Argentina, in South America.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good luck!
    it's tough, but you can do this!
    we're all pulling for you!
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

just doing some reading and it says easy way to stop is cold turkey..anyone think thats an easier method than using lounges?

Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Othelo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just doing some reading and it says easy way to stop is cold turkey..anyone think thats an easier method than using lounges?
    Cold turkey all the way!

If you use aids to quit you are only substituting one method of delivery for another. The bogus statistics that say that people are more likely to quit long term using product X are bull****. The physical need lasts about 2 weeks, the psychological needs last as long as you want them to, mind over matter simple as that.

If you have the mental fortitude to stick to a workout plan you can definately quit cold turkey.
    You can know all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds.

Orgoonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you have been smoking for a long time,and are worried about physical withdrawal,then ask your doc for a scrip for "Wellbutren"(sp?)

Get your scrip,take as directed,and quit cold turkey about 10 days in.No bad withdrawal at all.After a week,or so(depending how bad off you were)you should be fine.Just try to avoid your triggers.
    Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Othelo
    Cold turkey all the way!

If you use aids to quit you are only substituting one method of delivery for another. The bogus statistics that say that people are more likely to quit long term using product X are bull****. The physical need lasts about 2 weeks, the psychological needs last as long as you want them to, mind over matter simple as that.

If you have the mental fortitude to stick to a workout plan you can definately quit cold turkey.
    agreed.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

lil joey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the support guys. I hope some of you smokers join in also and quit....I hope I don't put on weight, I'm trying to drop at least 2o...
    **** it i'm with you ianotti i didn't have any when i woke up, so i guess now is as good a time as any to not buy another pack.....let's do this!!!!!

Originally Posted by lil joey
    **** it i'm with you ianotti i didn't have any when i woke up, so i guess now is as good a time as any to not buy another pack.....let's do this!!!!!
    ya lil joey, got another on board.

HELLO. YES, THIS IS DOG. ironstrife's Avatar
    ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tough!... hope you the best luck.. may the force be with you! be free brotha!!!

Originally Posted by lil joey

Agreed brutha...Only problem is when i'm talkin to chics on the ohone im losing my train of thought and i'm not making sense cuz i have no concentration atm
    Last edited by iannotti; 09-26-2006 at 08:37 PM.

i have no concentration atm

nahh, i find it easier to concentrate now that im free... and of course, gotta say it again:...

Allen Carr's EasyWay To Stop Smoking
    25 YO
    210lbs

From Chile. Yes, that thin, long stripe right next to Argentina, in South America.

Originally Posted by Tantus
    nahh, i find it easier to concentrate now that im free... and of course, gotta say it again:...

Allen Carr's EasyWay To Stop Smoking

Tell me a lil about the book if you could..here or a PM..

a-b-r-a-m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Hell Yeah! I quit smoking like 16 months ago. Trust me guys this will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Confidence will go through the roof because lets face it, its really hard to quit, thats why most people dont. Also, all that bland chicken breast and the gallons of water you drink will go down alot easier now that your taste buds are alive. The trick for me was keep quiting over and over again. If you dont do it this time just know that you will next time. And make sure that next time is sooner than later. Good Luck!

DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrnkMnky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good luck. It has been 8 months for me after smoking for 4 years off and on, and I feel great.

Tell me a lil about the book if you could..here or a PM..

Basically what it does is that removes your "fear" of quitting. Fear of not being able to enjoy social occations, not being able to concentrate, speak on the phone or whatever.

It's not shock treatment, will not tell you about the risks of smoking (f**k, we all know those) instead, it will make you understand the logic of smoking.

Just a few examples...

If you take creatine, you know it's for bulking, rite? and if you take... say, L-Carnitine, youre cutting. Now, dont you find a just a little weird that you smoke to concentrate AND ALSO to relax?? what a great product ciggarrettes are, it can produce TOTALLY OPPOSITE effects on you... or is it just you fooling yourself into it?

Another point is that smoking is just like wearing tight shoes for having "the pleasure of removing them once you are home". lets focus on the "stress" part. before you start smoking, you deal with stress every day just like a non smoker (in fact, you are one), but once you do, you have to add another stressfull factor to your life, the lack of nicotine. so, say youre already stressed about a presentation tomorrow, you are also stressed rite now since you want a cigarrette, you have one, and you are now "relaxed", whe in fact, you are just in the same state a non-smoker has always been. trick is time comes when you get de-sentibisized (or whatever... im tired) to nicotine, so you need to start smoking more and more often, hence, chainsmoking, however, this process is so slow, subtle and slick we don't realize what is happening until it's too late, just like a bunch of us in this forum who didnt notice we were fat until we were... way fat, lol

hope to have helped, just let me leave you with one, well, a couple of tips:

- DONT F*KIN DOUBT YOUR DECISION!!
    - read the book
    - spread the word!!

Tantus
    25 YO
    210lbs

Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000) Shutup is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Quitting is a great thing to do. If you don't maintain we will all come to your house and smack you around a bit. But seriously, if you don't maintain we will come over and smack you around a bit.

Go for it and don't look back!

Originally Posted by Tantus
    Basically what it does is that removes your "fear" of quitting. Fear of not being able to enjoy social occations, not being able to concentrate, speak on the phone or whatever.

It's not shock treatment, will not tell you about the risks of smoking (f**k, we all know those) instead, it will make you understand the logic of smoking.
    Shock treatment is not always a bad thing though especially when your hard earned gains and your hard earned money are concerned. Just one of the physical effects of smoking is the substitution of the nicotine (and about 100+ other chemicals) molecule for essential molecules (including oxygen) in the brain. Knowing the physical effects, especially when you pay beaucoup bucks for a gym membership/equipment/supplements on top of the outrageous cost of smokes, knowing how much you throw away is eye-opening to say the least.

Just a few examples...

If you take creatine, you know it's for bulking, rite? and if you take... say, L-Carnitine, youre cutting. Now, dont you find a just a little weird that you smoke to concentrate AND ALSO to relax?? what a great product ciggarrettes are, it can produce TOTALLY OPPOSITE effects on you... or is it just you fooling yourself into it?

Another point is that smoking is just like wearing tight shoes for having "the pleasure of removing them once you are home". lets focus on the "stress" part. before you start smoking, you deal with stress every day just like a non smoker (in fact, you are one), but once you do, you have to add another stressfull factor to your life, the lack of nicotine. so, say youre already stressed about a presentation tomorrow, you are also stressed rite now since you want a cigarrette, you have one, and you are now "relaxed", whe in fact, you are just in the same state a non-smoker has always been. trick is time comes when you get de-sentibisized (or whatever... im tired) to nicotine, so you need to start smoking more and more often, hence, chainsmoking, however, this process is so slow, subtle and slick we don't realize what is happening until it's too late, just like a bunch of us in this forum who didnt notice we were fat until we were... way fat, lol
    Excellent examples, it sounds like the combination of the book and the website would be a great thing to support quitting!

- DONT F*KIN DOUBT YOUR DECISION!!
    - read the book
    - spread the word!!
    I couldn't agree more, excellent advice!

B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B-baldy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You got this !

Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by B-baldy
    You got this !
    You got negged!

ATTENTION 2 DETAIL severesoldier's Avatar
    severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's not hard to quit smoking.

I've done it a million times.