Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    notverybigguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry why cant power lifters and body builders get along

why cant PL's and BB's get along i dont get it we all have the passion and drive to be the biggest and strongest, bb's are just a lil more concerned with there appearence, bb's train like a PL's in the offseason 2!!! come on now fella's

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: why cant power lifters and body builders get along

We can get along, its just that BB's dont want to get along with us.

bb's train like a PL's in the offseason 2!!!
    Not really.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

well they kinda do, u kno wut i mean

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by notverybigguy
    well they kinda do, u kno wut i mean
    How so? By not doing cardio and eating a lot?
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Also, there is the tendency of some bodybuilders to say some dumb **** when we pull out all our toys (bands, chains, boxes, etc.)
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

el cabron. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

bodybuilders are pissed cause the'ye lifts are ****ty.

Inzah_14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by el cabron.
    Thats the spirit. I can tell by your attitude your gonna make one hell of a powerlifter already. Haha jk.
    "To be the man, you have to beat the man."
    "If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."
    "It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am."
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body."
    "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger."

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    you're one of us already...
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL! You may be on to something.

well i dunno i thought bb's lifted heavy in the off season, i guess i dont kno ****

16 y/o
    arms: 15.2
    chest: 44.5
    thighs: 22
    waist: 34
    185-190lbs 11% bf

well i dunno i thought bb's lifted heavy in the off season, i guess i dont kno ****

bf
    They do lift heavy, but there is much more to powerlifting than lifting heavy.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

i have been lifting for awhile but just got seriously into powerlifting, can ya'll tell me what more to plifting there is, and what are those things for ...boxes bands and chains, and what does a sled do, is it important for a plifter 2 have 1?

i have been lifting for awhile but just got seriously into powerlifting, can ya'll tell me what more to plifting there is, and what are those things for ...boxes bands and chains, and what does a sled do, is it important for a plifter 2 have 1?
    Read the stickies.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Apothes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think we think yall look rediculous in those santa coloured boiler suits and kinky looking domintirx gear...

b.t.w was Franco Columbo, one of us, or one of you?

Originally posted by Apothes
    i think we think yall look rediculous in those santa coloured boiler suits and kinky looking domintirx gear...

b.t.w was Franco Columbo, one of us, or one of you?
    Are you a BB or PL? And what is a boiler suit?
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

shades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not sure why powerlifters and bodybuilders can't get along but it might have something to do with some bodybuilders being arrogant little bastards. Check out the thread fat test if you want to see what I mean.

Apothes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually i guess im a bb, but i have the greatest respect for PL. when i do my squats and my sissy little brain is screaming out no more no more, and i whoos the bar back onto the rack, i think about how powerlifters are lifting way more weight. Franco is my idol, and he was no ordinairy bb, he was a pl for many years first. I think BB have a lot they can learn form Pl's and i like training in the same gyms with them. So yeah, im saying hi to all you PL's on here. lets just all get a long

hey im lookin for a hardcore gym, right now i go to a commercial gym, i wanna train with the animals and freaks, any1 kno how i can find one, their wudnt b any in las vegas im thinkin, am i right?

Thor_rdb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the reason pl's and bb's dont get along is because bb's think all pl's are fat, bald, and have a goatee (not always true). pl's dont like bb's because despite the muscles they think all bb's are cocky ****head weaklings (not always true)

im a powerlifter thats does bodybuilding. even though i want to be freaky strong(strength is my main priority), i also want to be super ripped.

if you want a better example of a powerlifter whos into bodybuilding check out Johnny O. Jackson. hes amazingly ripped and at 198lbs i think his 3 lift total is somewhere around 2200lbs. his bench is over 540lbs.
    form follows function
    ------------------------------------------------
    1st man with a 3000lbs 3 lift total, and ill do it weighing under 200lbs
    ------------------------------------------------

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't know? Ego issues I think.
    God is bigger than you
    Christianity isn't just a belief, it is a lifestyle.
    "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did"- 1 John 2:6

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
    I don't know? Ego issues I think.
    It is ego. If I meet someone on the street, and they don't mention that "It looks like I work out", I don't feel offended. Most BBers need that validation.

BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm cool with powerlifters. I admire devotion and I know how hard they work for there lifts. A lot of BB's are *******s but I can only think of a few powerlifters I ever met who were a dick. But I'm cool with both.
    Today we'll become bigger, stronger, and better looking....
    -Coach Lowery
    ________
    ...and the cause for all this mess...Frank Stallone
    ________
    Odoyle Rules!
    ________

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont have a problem with any genre of training.. i do have a problem with the arrogant people who think they are gods gift... and very often, those people are BBers

Madrasi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am a skinny kid hoping to be called a PLer. One thing I have noticed is that PLers always have a goal to reach and really have the idea that anything is possible. Also, no matter where they place, PLers still realize there is a higher goal. They dont need to be told AS MUCH that they are strong or huge. BBers I have noticed, especially those who compete, think they are the ****. I have been flamed by people on the TBB board (especially) about working out wrong and being a sissy because they are my "betters" even though many times they arent. Thats why i switched i think. But I am getting a little emotional and partial here.
    ::Wipes away the tear welling up::
    Either way everyone who works hard and doesnt talk **** deserves their fair recognition
    The Raja Of Muscledom

Newest Lifts @ 6'2 235
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 425
    DL- 455
    Clean- 225
    Jerk- 245
    Shot Put- 49'9"
    Disc- 145'7"

drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drew_bledsoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i ddnt know they dont get along.

Originally posted by Madrasi
    I am a skinny kid hoping to be called a PLer.
    thats the good thing... even though you are skinny, you can be a powerlifter.
    whether you are...
    skinny fat, short, tall, deaf, handicapped....etc.. you can still be a powerlifter, and you can still win.

How often do you see a fat short deaf guy winning a BB contest?

Thats why PL is much better.. much more accepting of different people

fops310 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe it is an "all bark, no bite" sort of thing, i.e. BB'ers tend to "look" stronger than they are.
    Furthermore, they obsess about anterior tibialis symmetry, typically wear weird clothing, and shave their chests. They wear bikini briefs for chrissakes and rub each other with oil. They (at least most) have a weird mental thing going on that I am afraid to try to figure out. Having read some of their posts in parallel forums, I suspect that the mean BB'er is less intelligent than the mean PL'er and is burdened with a more sensitive ego. I am not sure one can draw any direct conclusions from that, however. Yes, powerlifting has some silliness, but not nearly as much.

That being said, why should we have to get along as we share very little in common. BB'ing is an "aesthetic"/form sport whereas PL is a performance oriented one.

And also, BB'ing has ruined the science of strength training in this country. THink of some of the crap you hear personal trainers dishing out at clubs....it's all derived from some Weider principle or another.

JMO

Olympic Lifters would be just as harsh about PL-ing, silly technical purists that they are.

Madrasi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Deciever
    thats the good thing... even though you are skinny, you can be a powerlifter.
    whether you are...
    skinny fat, short, tall, deaf, handicapped....etc.. you can still be a powerlifter, and you can still win.

How often do you see a fat short deaf guy winning a BB contest?

Thats why PL is much better.. much more accepting of different people
    YAY! ::hugs weight plate close to body:: (i think this is going to be a long and fruitful relationship)
    But in reality im not THAT skinny... am i?!?!?!?
    The Raja Of Muscledom

Newest Lifts @ 6'2 235
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 425
    DL- 455
    Clean- 225
    Jerk- 245
    Shot Put- 49'9"
    Disc- 145'7"

your not too skinny at all

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is there such thing as being neither a PL or BB?? I feel more like a "general" lifter. I like to stimulate my muscles, but I also try to get stronger. I admire the commitment and hard work needed for both styles, but I don't think I fall into either category!