GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I can't increase my bench or deadlift.

I've been stuck at a 205lbs bench and a 275lbs deadlift for over 2 months. I've reset about 2 or 3 times and get stuck at the same platou. I was bulking and still had to reset on a bulk. I decided to cut due to me putting on more fat than I like ( I'm 5'9 200lbs ). I plan to cut down to 180lbs or so. Not sure what I need to do to get past this.

My plan

Monday
    3x5 Bench
    3x5 Squat
    3x10 triceps pressdown
    3x10 bicep curls
    3x10 dumbell shoulder raises
    3x15 calfs or ab work

Wensday
    3x5 OHP
    3x5 deadlift
    3x10 tricep pressdown
    3x10 lat pulldowns
    3x10 biceps
    3x15 calfs or abs

Friday
    3x5 Bench
    3x5 Squat
    3x10 hamstring curl
    3x10 triceps pressdown
    3x10 bicep curls
    3x10 dumbells shoulder raises
    3x15 calfs or ab work

Add 5lbs to upper lifts and 10lbs to lower lifts a week
    If I fail 2 times in a row I reset 15% of weight

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Could be form, could be diet, could be how you're actually approaching the 3x5 movements. Also, sounds like you aren't really planning very well with how your diet has gone (which is okay, just depends on how serious you want to be). I don't mean any offense by that either, it's trial and error.

Maybe go for a program that actually calculates your lifts for you. Make it simple. Bill Starr's 5x5 is my go to but there are other options.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’d move to an upper lower instead of just grinding yourself into the dust on something like that.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're not getting the results you want, don't keep running the same program - and don't keep adding weight linearly.

At 200 lbs you're not really at lift numbers where you should be stalling, so you can definitely keep moving up with better programming.

GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10) GreatNes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Could be form, could be diet, could be how you're actually approaching the 3x5 movements. Also, sounds like you aren't really planning very well with how your diet has gone (which is okay, just depends on how serious you want to be). I don't mean any offense by that either, it's trial and error.

Maybe go for a program that actually calculates your lifts for you. Make it simple. Bill Starr's 5x5 is my go to but there are other options.
    I mean.... yeah those are all possibilities but that doesn't help me narrow down what the issue is. It's probably a mixture of all of those things, I should still be able to reach 225 regardless. It would be different if I were stuck at 315.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    I’d move to an upper lower instead of just grinding yourself into the dust on something like that.
    What do you mean by that exactly ? I prefer to only workout 3 days a week and I think most upper/lower are 4 days.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're not getting the results you want, don't keep running the same program - and don't keep adding weight linearly.

At 200 lbs you're not really at lift numbers where you should be stalling, so you can definitely keep moving up with better programming.
    Yah, I'm thinking of changing my program or else I'll get bored of not seeing results and will lose motivation. I need to find a 3-day plan that I like, I don't want to run Fierce 5 as I've run that program so long before for a while and I don't want to do it anymore.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GreatNes View Post
    What do you mean by that exactly ? I prefer to only workout 3 days a week and I think most upper/lower are 4 days.
    Full body just becomes overwhelming once you get stronger and you can only add so much into a day. Upper lower allows for better energy management and more quality volume. Fierce 5 upper lower solves your progression issue with double progression. Since you’re done making linear gains. It also would up the volume productively.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yah, I'm thinking of changing my program or else I'll get bored of not seeing results and will lose motivation. I need to find a 3-day plan that I like, I don't want to run Fierce 5 as I've run that program so long before for a while and I don't want to do it anymore.
    You may prefer 3-day, but that doesn't mean it's best for you at this point particularly given that most will have the same style of linear progression as your current program.

Full body just becomes overwhelming once you get stronger and you can only add so much into a day. Upper lower allows for better energy management and more quality volume. Fierce 5 upper lower solves your progression issue with double progression. Since you’re done making linear gains. It also would up the volume productively.
    I don't want to lift 4 days a week though ugh . I looked at the F5 upper/lower and it seems like hell lol, 3x5 flat and 3x8 incline bench on the same day is crazy lol. How do you know that I'm done making linear progress? my lifts are so light...I figured I would get to 225 benches, and 315 squat/deadlift before exhausting linear progression.

You may prefer 3-day, but that doesn't mean it's best for you at this point particularly given that most will have the same style of linear progression as your current program.
    How can I be confident that I've passed linear progression? my lifts are light I figured I have more left in the tank.

I don't want to lift 4 days a week though ugh . I looked at the F5 upper/lower and it seems like hell lol, 3x5 flat and 3x8 incline bench on the same day is crazy lol. How do you know that I'm done making linear progress? my lifts are so light...I figured I would get to 225 benches, and 315 squat/deadlift before exhausting linear progression.
    How can I be confident that I've passed linear progression? my lifts are light I figured I have more left in the tank.
    Dude you posted because you’ve been stuck on the same lifts for 2 months. If you want to pick another 3-day fb with linear progression, go for it - but don’t expect a different result.

If something isn’t working for you, don’t insist on doing the same thing. There are plenty of 4 day programs other than F5.

Progression ability doesn’t lie. Some people need intermediate programming to get to the 2/3/4 lifts while others don’t. Unfortunately you need to keep moving to more advanced programs when progress stalls. That also comes with more days in the gym Ie 3 day fb to 4 day ul to 5 day ulppl / phat. If you really wanted to stay with full body I think you’ll need some sort of heavy light approach. Ie casey butts programming.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do you know that I'm done making linear progress?
    Energy management, recovery slowing & stalling.

Some people are able to handle full body deep into their lifting progression, others need to move to upper/lower sooner.
    Currently cutting.

Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    Energy management, recovery slowing & stalling.

Some people are able to handle full body deep into their lifting progression, others need to move to upper/lower sooner.
    Thanks, I'll switch to upper/lower Monday and just take the rest of this week off.
    Last edited by GreatNes; 03-15-2023 at 07:51 AM.

Progression ability doesn’t lie. Some people need intermediate programming to get to the 2/3/4 lifts while others don’t. Unfortunately you need to keep moving to more advanced programs when progress stalls. That also comes with more days in the gym Ie 3 day fb to 4 day ul to 5 day ulppl / phat. If you really wanted to stay with full body I think you’ll need some sort of heavy light approach. Ie casey butts programming.
    Thanks, I'll just switch to a upper/lower program. Just to make sure I fully understand you, it doesn't matter which upper/lower program I pick ? I just need to be on an upper/lower program that has me in the gym 4 days a week. Reason I ask is because I'm going to look around for an intermediate, upper/lower program that has exercises that I like over just picking upper/lower F5.

I shouldn't pay attention to any 3day upper/lower routines while searching because those will be trash correct ?
    Last edited by GreatNes; 03-15-2023 at 08:07 AM.

Dude you posted because you’ve been stuck on the same lifts for 2 months. If you want to pick another 3-day fb with linear progression, go for it - but don’t expect a different result.

If something isn’t working for you, don’t insist on doing the same thing. There are plenty of 4 day programs other than F5.
    thanks, I'll switch to 4 days Monday and rest the remainder of this week.
    Last edited by GreatNes; 03-15-2023 at 07:53 AM.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One simple thing you can do is put the lifts you value most first in your workout. I see deadlift after OHP, but if you want to increase your deadlift, do that first so you have the maximum energy reserves available to put forth 100% effort. If you're already drained from OHP, your deadlift will likely suffer.

Thanks, I'll just switch to a upper/lower program. Just to make sure I fully understand you, it doesn't matter which upper/lower program I pick ? I just need to be on an upper/lower program that has me in the gym 4 days a week. Reason I ask is because I'm going to look around for an intermediate, upper/lower program that has exercises that I like over just picking upper/lower F5.

I shouldn't pay attention to any 3day upper/lower routines while searching because those will be trash correct ?
    Some are better than others. Fierce 5 is just a template and you could literally sub out all the lifts for whatever..If you’re not doing f5 I’d go with one of these.
    Lyle McDonald’s gbr
    Aworkoutroutine ul
    5/3/1 BBB - more advanced/ slow progression
    Last edited by TAWS6; 03-15-2023 at 10:05 AM.