Closed Thread
Page 252 of 268 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,560 of 8013
    TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I posted progress pics a bit further up on this page I think but I need a massive amount of motivation at the moment to get my head back in to clean eating...

Goal for me at the moment is to be an Aussie size 10 by the start of October... I'm just getting in to 12s at the moment in bottoms but tops I'm already a 10-12...

You all inspire me so much!
    Aussie Crew
    Misc Snapchat Crew

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TessTenn View Post
    I posted progress pics a bit further up on this page I think but I need a massive amount of motivation at the moment to get my head back in to clean eating...

Goal for me at the moment is to be an Aussie size 10 by the start of October... I'm just getting in to 12s at the moment in bottoms but tops I'm already a 10-12...

You all inspire me so much!
    Looked back at the pics. I don't know how much time there is between before and after, but you have done an awesome job! I mean that is really great. Don't lose motivation now.

TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    Looked back at the pics. I don't know how much time there is between before and after, but you have done an awesome job! I mean that is really great. Don't lose motivation now.
    First pic was taken in June 2013 second pic taken Jan or Feb this year I think... Need to take updated pics but I don't know that there'll be much difference unfortunately

Thank you for the kind words
    Aussie Crew
    Misc Snapchat Crew

fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000) fivesfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ive posted in this thread before when I went from 250 to 190. feels=awesome.

I moved, got GF(broke up), hanging out with people who eat to much and gained it all back, gained it back very slowly though about 2.5 years.

I have tried a ton of diets and really just couldnt figure it out how i lost so much weight the first time without hardly any effort.

It hit me the other day, i had been sick for about 3 weeks, my weight dropped from 259 down to about 240, just because i was sick. After i decided to see if i can keep the weight off. I relized that if i dont eat at night i wake up about a half pound lighter. Im at about 5 weeks in(from sick/not eating at night) and im down to 236. No one has really commented on the 20ish pounds of weight loss yet. I have noticed my pants are looser and i can wear more stylish clothes that have been sitting in my closet for some time. Conversations come a bit more as well. I also have a random decent looking sloot hitting me up constantly.

My problem has always been motivation, I know the key for me is not eat at night/or not to eat after my workout(just casein protonz). Right now my biggest motivation is my cheating ex and a vacation i am going on in June. I encourage everyone to find the right motivation.

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Connor1226 View Post
    Type II diabetes shouldn't exist, heart disease shouldn't exist :/
    Type II diabetes and all their complications (poorly healing wounds, blindness, stroke, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, cellulitis, peripheral vascular disease, etc) make up at least 70% of my livelihood.

so NEGGED!!!!! (not srs)

Originally Posted by TessTenn View Post
    First pic was taken in June 2013 second pic taken Jan or Feb this year I think... Need to take updated pics but I don't know that there'll be much difference unfortunately

Thank you for the kind words
    Are you drinking too much milk?

I've hit a plateau too. I just keep on keeping on knowing that eventually good things will happpen even if slowly, but if I stop, bad things will happen fast.

csievers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm still about 15-20 lbs from my goal, but after losing over 70lbs people do treat me differently now.

First, co workers and friends did the "you're too skinny" BS. They try to get me to eat **** like pizza and cookies all the time. I tell them they can order pizza if they want, but I've already eaten/already know what I'm going to eat later.

Then, those same co workers started asking me how I'm doing it. Then of course they have the "Oh, I couldn't do that" or "I do that and gain weight" or "My whole family's large, I can't be thin" or whatever excuse. They all eat very little(they say), but I see them eat bags of chips, sodas, etc every day. Some will go through a bag of candy too.

I get a lot more attention/flirtation from women now. Perhaps it's because women really are as shallow as us men. Perhaps it's because I'm smiling and more approachable and confident. Either way, not complaining.

My ex wife bitches about me "getting hot now". Don't know why she cares, my physique was hardly the reason we divorced. Had I done it then, I might have left her then. To clarify, I don't mean I would have "upgraded" to a better looking person(as my ex is stunning), but I would have had more confidence to act on the fact that she was miserable and I knew it.

I always get carded now. Any time I go to a bar or buy age restricted items, they double or triple check my ID. When I run into people I haven't seen since high school I get the haven't changed a day speech. Not true, I was pretty cut then...but it's nice to not be 30 and look/feel 40+. I do look pretty young, but not a teenager LOL.

In general, people(men and women) are more welcoming and nice. They don't ignore me and act like I don't exist anymore. The cute bartender doesn't make me wait ten minutes to order a drink anymore, either.

dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dust1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Absolutely, social life has taken a complete 180. My avatar is a 10 week timeframe pic, a lot has changed in that amount of time.
    Starting Weight: 290lbs
    Current: 189lbs
    New Goal: 190 & Less than 10% BFP by 9/18/14

Promera Sports sponsored log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162315701&p=1253711441

stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where do i even start with this. 1 year ago i was at my heaviest even though i was still semi active. I was at 272lbs. Didn't have much luck with women and i finally had enough of everything. Of no gf's, harder time finding clothes to fit, etc. Changed my diet, started doing weights and cardio. Fast forward a year and i'm sitting at 198.4lbs as of this morning, with 28lbs or so more to go. Down from a size 46" waist to a 36" waist. Things are much better for me but i still have the "fat man syndrome" where i don't fully see myself as thin as i am. This thread is extremely motivating and i'm only 32pages or so into it and i plan on going through them all. Now for the main questions.

Did you get more stares? I think i'm geetting more looks yea, people are way more nice to me and i've caught a few looks from some women around here.

Did your genitals change in size? Didn't change in size persay, but the fat pad is gone so it does look bigger.

Did you get negative or jealous reactions fromn friends/family? I've gotten mostly good reactions from people. Have had some people say to "not go too far" but i'm not even sure what they mean by that. I do have a friend that i know gets annoyed with how i talk about working out and eating right and don't want to "get a pizza" with him and all. He'll get over it though.

Attached is the difference a year has made for me.
    Attached Images

Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mooosman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

So, a couple observations from the last few days...

I live in Las Vegas, and we're starting to hit our 100+ temps lately. Now, when I was 270+ lbs, I used to sweat like CRAZY whenever I was outside, even if I wasn't doing anything really physical. Walking from the parking lot into the store would be enough to have my shirt soaked, so much so that I always bought dark colored shirts to hide it.

Now, at 177 lbs, I just don't sweat as much. It's great being able to buy whatever color shirts I want, and not have to worry about the back and armpits being dark with sweat in the summertime. Somewhat related, I also notice that I get cold really easily in the A/C. Places here in Vegas (especially restaurants) like to crank up the A/C, and I find that I get chilled really easily when I'm inside. Not as much 'natural insulation' on me anymore, lol.

Also, today I was buying some tools at Sears, and the girl at the register gave me a 25% discount for absolutely no reason whatsoever. First time that has ever happened to me...

Keep up the good work, everybody, this is still the best thread on this site!!!

sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stearic View Post
    Where do i even start with this. 1 year ago i was at my heaviest even though i was still semi active. I was at 272lbs. Didn't have much luck with women and i finally had enough of everything. Of no gf's, harder time finding clothes to fit, etc. Changed my diet, started doing weights and cardio. Fast forward a year and i'm sitting at 198.4lbs as of this morning, with 28lbs or so more to go. Down from a size 46" waist to a 36" waist. Things are much better for me but i still have the "fat man syndrome" where i don't fully see myself as thin as i am. This thread is extremely motivating and i'm only 32pages or so into it and i plan on going through them all. Now for the main questions.

Did you get more stares? I think i'm geetting more looks yea, people are way more nice to me and i've caught a few looks from some women around here.

Did your genitals change in size? Didn't change in size persay, but the fat pad is gone so it does look bigger.

Did you get negative or jealous reactions fromn friends/family? I've gotten mostly good reactions from people. Have had some people say to "not go too far" but i'm not even sure what they mean by that. I do have a friend that i know gets annoyed with how i talk about working out and eating right and don't want to "get a pizza" with him and all. He'll get over it though.

Great work, man! I feel like you and I are in a similar place right now. I've been dieting for 1.5 years and i'm down from 325 to 224 with 30+ lbs to go. I understand exactly what you mean by "fat man syndrome", but once you reach your goals just give it time and that should sort itself out.

As for your other questions;

Yes I'm getting an abundance of stares now. My facial aesthetics came in and my confidence skyrocketed with the stares so it's been good in that department.

Gentials: Exactly what you said, fat pad is smaller = look bigger.

I got a few negative/jealous reactions from friends (more acquaintances) and some family members have tried to subtly sabotage my progress.
    We would go out for a night on the town, we would all be having a great time talking, joking, etc.. And some friends would get over protective of their girl if I spoke to her for too long or she laughed too much at a joke I said (really?). I guess he may have gotten intimidated or something, I don't know.

Keep up the great work, brah! It will be more than worth it in the end!
    **Former 300 lb+ crew**
    **Forever cutting crew**

Start weight: 325 lbs
    Current weight: 219 lbs

Forever Cutting Coming to a Close: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165710491&p=1325547941#post1325547941

Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100) Phillypee is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DJohnson View Post
    Here's an entertaining contrast:

Story 1 - Fat DJohnson

At a club, saw a girl I knew a few years back. Went to talk to her and she didn't immediately recognize me. She rolled her eyes with a disgusted look and was like "No thanks". I called her a bitch and she recognized me and we laughed about it, but still damn not cool to be in situations like that.

Story 2 - Leaner DJohnson

At a club, four girls run up to me and start talking to me. They grind with me and take pictures with me. I'm fairly confused but play along. Then the hottest one licks my face.

You can't even compare the two. It's really messed up how different you are treated just depending on how much energy you have stored on your body for later use.
    Hahaha

tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stearic View Post
    Where do i even start with this. 1 year ago i was at my heaviest even though i was still semi active. I was at 272lbs. Didn't have much luck with women and i finally had enough of everything. Of no gf's, harder time finding clothes to fit, etc. Changed my diet, started doing weights and cardio. Fast forward a year and i'm sitting at 198.4lbs as of this morning, with 28lbs or so more to go. Down from a size 46" waist to a 36" waist. Things are much better for me but i still have the "fat man syndrome" where i don't fully see myself as thin as i am. This thread is extremely motivating and i'm only 32pages or so into it and i plan on going through them all. ...

Damn man, I was just looking at your progress pics on reddit. Congrats on the progress! I'm coming from a similar starting weight, so seeing you pull it off is very inspirational

tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tedderp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started reading this thread about 3 weeks ago and it really gave me the kick I needed to turn things around (still working on the thread, up to page 67 now). I've been working out about every day and counting calories (biggest thing is I actually quit drinking cals, which was always my biggest weakness. I've lost weight before, typically just via a ton of exercise so I can still eat what I want. But now that I'm limiting cals the weight is coming off much easier).

For those of you who have made a big transformation: Does the attention from the opposite sex seem gradual or is it more binary (i.e. does it feel like you get more stares and have better luck little by little, or do things seem fairly similar as you work your way down until you're 10-12% bf)?

johnlrcmts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It made a big difference m8, when i was obese (cause im still fat xD) i couldnt even dream about having a girl , now its not a big deal i cant wait to see how life is below 10% fat

rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rja733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started reading this thread in November when I first started. Very motivating. I am currently down 55lbs from 300 at 5'10. Things didn't change much at all until very recently.

I started a new job and the women are much friendlier. I was always good with girls but the caliber of women who seem to be "extra receptive" has gone up.

I have also started to pay attention to how I dress now. I am used to wearing everything too big because I was massively overweight. I went into a store last week and purchased an XL shirt. I had trouble fitting into XXL in the past so buying this **** was unreal. It fit me too. Like I am used to things always being loose and this shirt is tailored very well. Wore it today and women are DEF noticing.

I am still Obese class 2. Cannot to see what happens when I lose the next 50.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rja733 View Post
    I started reading this thread in November when I first started. Very motivating. I am currently down 55lbs from 300 at 5'10. Things didn't change much at all until very recently.

I started a new job and the women are much friendlier. I was always good with girls but the caliber of women who seem to be "extra receptive" has gone up.

I have also started to pay attention to how I dress now. I am used to wearing everything too big because I was massively overweight. I went into a store last week and purchased an XL shirt. I had trouble fitting into XXL in the past so buying this **** was unreal. It fit me too. Like I am used to things always being loose and this shirt is tailored very well. Wore it today and women are DEF noticing.

I am still Obese class 2. Cannot to see what happens when I lose the next 50.
    keep going fella apart from the increased positive comments the best thing is that you are improving your health.

OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol damn AncientYouth how did you become red?
    Oakland Raiders

ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProgOx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah I think so, part of it is down to a massive boost in confidence though... I lost weight via running and eating less, then 4 months ago I started going to the gym to get bigger. After loosing weight I definitely got more attention, although my friends and family started to tell me that I was loosing too much weight, I went down to 69kg (152lbs) at 180cm(5'11"), age 18. Then when I started gaining muscle I got even more attention, people started commenting on the muscle I've put on positively and my confidence got boosted again haha... Of course my mother and female flatmates worry about me taking whey and creatine etc. They will get over it.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OaklandCali View Post
    Lol damn AncientYouth how did you become red?
    a long story!

tbh im not bothered it didn't change what I look and feel like!

TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TenTwo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thread is amazing bump

jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordaro2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to be around 200 lbs, but in the last 2 years, I've ballooned up to 230 lbs. I used to get alot of attention but now I get none. In my mind I'm still 200 lbs, but in reality, women aren't attracted anymore.

Time to make some changes for the better. I will get down to 213 by 9/12 and hopefully down to 200 by December. I will post in this thread again on 9/12!
    "Do what you can with what you have..." - Anonymous

Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lithium42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh yea, especially at the gym. Combination of weight lost and pushing myself much harder than most people in the kickboxing or circuit training classes has definitely gotten me more attention from the ladies. Too bad for them I'm already married, now it's more of an annoyance than anything else.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes - got more looks. It was conflicting for me at first. Looks because you look better - semi attractive, instead of being fat. It was difficult accepting and understanding complimentary looks instead of being apprehensive.

Yes, not having to look in the mirror instead of over my gut made gear look bigger.

No, not jealous. Nothing verbal anyways. Some of our bigger friends would call me to skinny or try and get me to stuff myself at meals, or criticize my diet. I realize this was to justify in their mind, that it was better for them to be fat, than fit. My wife liked it, and I think I inspired several of our fiends and family to be more active and fit.
    Lots of work acquaintances did more activity and more healthy eating because of watching my transformation.

I think now I am more used to it, but still subconsciously shy about my new healthier body. I am unsure of how to respond to compliments, at times.

Funny because as I was getting fatter, I would look in the mirror, thinking that I was not getting fat.
    Now that I am fitter, I look in the mirror far more critically, thinking that I am very fat.
    Figure that one out?
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, I experienced a huge change.

...but I still always wonder to what degree the change is purely in how other people perceive me because of my body, and how much is my own confidence etc affecting their perceptions of me. And of course both affect each other. People treat you differently, so you get more confident --> You act more confidently and openly and that in turn also affects how people treat you --> People treating you differently in affects... (etc.)

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just posted it on my journal.
    I thought this may have a place in here.

Back to the game

I'm back.
    Just like when it first started (way back in 2009), I'm making no big deal about this.
    If there's any good in aging, it is the knowledge you gain. The most important part of it is the self-knowledge.
    Looking back, I can realize a few errors I made in the past (the ones I'll try to avoid as much as possible).

Nutrition
    If someone asked me, out of the blue, a one-worded simple trick to lose fat, "nutrition" would be my answer. If you're doing everything wrong in the gym, but eat as correct as you can, somehow you'll achieve your goals. Of course, proper nutrition associated with optimal training will result in faster and better results. But, as I realized down the road, if you change a man's nutrition, and if he accepts the changes, the gym routine will be a consequence. The opposite is not true. Put a fat man in the gym paying no attention to what he eats, and no results will be achieved. I can relate much to this. Every single time I started a cut with more focus to my routine than to my diet, I failed.

There's two possible explanations: First, over-eating your training is easy. After a 45 minute weight-lifting routine and a 50 minute run you will have burned around 800 calories (depending on your metabolism). This amount of calories can be eaten in literally one meal, especially fast food. Which means that you went to a gym, lifted some iron, ran in the treadmill and, in the end of the day,NO PROGRESS was achieved. This will directly affect the second point of a successful plan: motivation.

Motivation
    Motivation is the key to everything in this life. A motivated person will find a way to achieve whatever he wants, as cheesy as it sounds.
    But there's a trick. No one but you can motivate yourself. If you're in the mood, do some search in the motivation section of this forum. Lots of people asking for others to motivate them. If you search a few years back, you'll even find some posts I've made, asking for others to motivate me.

Useless. Pathetic.

No matter who writes, or how well the response is written, it all depends on you. I probably never said this to anyone, but I started dieting because of a girl. I was 21 years old at the time and thought that the only way I could get her was having a fit body. Guess what happened?
    During my first cut (273 lbs to 182 and a 6 pack) I've met other girls, got laid a lot and, in the end, got the girl I wanted. And suddenly, I didn't wanted her anymore. My compass was gone. I was doing it for her, right? So what now? Should I continue working out? Isn't the game won and over?
    And that's how I slowly started putting the weight back (never back to 273 lbs though).

If I could travel back in time and give myself some advice, it would sound something like this:

"Find a selfish motivation. Don't to it for one girl, do it to get lots of girls. Don't to it to be healthy. Do it to look hot. Your self-confidence will explode. You WILL get lots of girls. Some hotter than you imagined that you thought it was possible. But, for the f**ks sake, don't do it for anybody. Do it for yourself only. Don't expect others to motivate you. They can't and they won't. It's already hard to keep yourself focused, so why would anybody would lose their time trying to convince you to get your sneakers and go for a run on a cold night. There's lot of great people and good advice in here, but nobody will take your junk food out of your hands. It is YOUR responsibility and YOURS ONLY."

Expect ingratitude

Bodybuilding is an ungrateful world. At least my amateur, aesthetics-searching bodybuilding world was. And I found it to be either a bliss and a curse.
    Meaning that, no matter how fat I were before, when the 6 pack appeared, nobody cared. That fat boy mindset goes away quickly when the "gurlz start mirin". Even the people that knew me from before, and saw the whole transformation, didn't care. Lots of my girl friends started to flirt with me. They didn't see the former fattie. They saw the hot guy.
    The down side of this is that, when the weight started to pile back, nobody cared that I had once a 6 pack. Even when I showed them pictures, people simply just don't care. Even those who knew me from my golden days, and at the time had flirted with me.
    This taught me that, no matter what you have done, present is only what counts (still talking fitness-wise).

Had I knew these things above, lots of energy would have been saved. But, what's bodybuilding if not a journey of knowledge of your own flaws? We work our weak muscle groups, we face our insecurities and, most of us, never step on a stage. Why do it then? Was the whole sacrifice worthwhile?
    Well, I don't know if some of you have been through it, but seeing girls checking you out wherever you go, run shirtless in the beach, feel a little jealousy from your buddies, get complimented every time you meet old friends is some of the little daily pleasures this journey can give you. The biggest of them all are, however, self-respect and pride.

- Jumper
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

TurnTheKey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 67fastback View Post
    Now that I am fitter, I look in the mirror far more critically, thinking that I am very fat.
    Yeah you notice fat much more when you have less of it, also because you have learned to recognise fat, your eyes develop a built in targeting scope ;-) I also find i'm much more often analysing other people's fat composition. Not necessarily in a bad way, just noticing.

I'm 5'8" and went from 205 -> 155 over a couple of years, i'm currently at 166 after an arm injury and general wavering in my diet slowed me down. I don't go out much so I can't say I have much to go on about being treated differently - my experiences might just be chance, or wrong! One time I was leaving a pub and my friend said the barmaid had been making eyes at me, I hadn't even noticed, i've spent 15 years being an overweight and unkempt slob, I just assume people would only look at me if they had to. The other week I was at an intersection and noticed a girl waving and smiling at me from the car that was in the next lane. The lights changed so I drove off, 2 minutes later I pulled over to check if there was something wrong with my car but there wasn't.

My wife hasn't really noticed which is a big shame, she complains about "V shaped men" and has never encouraged me to exercise, only the opposite. She is overweight which may be why she is like that, i've pretty much given up trying to encourage her to do any exercise.

meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TurnTheKey View Post
    My wife hasn't really noticed which is a big shame, she complains about "V shaped men" and has never encouraged me to exercise, only the opposite. She is overweight which may be why she is like that, i've pretty much given up trying to encourage her to do any exercise.
    I am willing to bet 99.9% she has noticed... but not said anything because it makes her feel bad about her own self image.

My wife did this for years.
    2-1 xxx.x 2-8 xxx.x 2-15 xxx.x 2-22 xxx.x
    3-1 xxx.x 3-8 xxx.x 3-15 xxx.x 3-22 xxx.x 3-29 xxx.x
    4-5 xxx.x 4-12 xxx.x 4-19 xxx.x 4-26 xxx.x
    Month Total: xxx.x(1) xxx.x(2) xxx.x(3) xxx.x(4)
    Final Weigh in: 5-3 xxx.x

tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BaseJumper View Post
    Just posted it on my journal.
    I thought this may have a place in here.

Back to the game

I'm back.
    Just like when it first started (way back in 2009), I'm making no big deal about this.
    If there's any good in aging, it is the knowledge you gain. The most important part of it is the self-knowledge.
    Looking back, I can realize a few errors I made in the past (the ones I'll try to avoid as much as possible).

Nutrition
    If someone asked me, out of the blue, a one-worded simple trick to lose fat, "nutrition" would be my answer. If you're doing everything wrong in the gym, but eat as correct as you can, somehow you'll achieve your goals. Of course, proper nutrition associated with optimal training will result in faster and better results. But, as I realized down the road, if you change a man's nutrition, and if he accepts the changes, the gym routine will be a consequence. The opposite is not true. Put a fat man in the gym paying no attention to what he eats, and no results will be achieved. I can relate much to this. Every single time I started a cut with more focus to my routine than to my diet, I failed.

There's two possible explanations: First, over-eating your training is easy. After a 45 minute weight-lifting routine and a 50 minute run you will have burned around 800 calories (depending on your metabolism). This amount of calories can be eaten in literally one meal, especially fast food. Which means that you went to a gym, lifted some iron, ran in the treadmill and, in the end of the day,NO PROGRESS was achieved. This will directly affect the second point of a successful plan: motivation.

Motivation
    Motivation is the key to everything in this life. A motivated person will find a way to achieve whatever he wants, as cheesy as it sounds.
    But there's a trick. No one but you can motivate yourself. If you're in the mood, do some search in the motivation section of this forum. Lots of people asking for others to motivate them. If you search a few years back, you'll even find some posts I've made, asking for others to motivate me.

Useless. Pathetic.

No matter who writes, or how well the response is written, it all depends on you. I probably never said this to anyone, but I started dieting because of a girl. I was 21 years old at the time and thought that the only way I could get her was having a fit body. Guess what happened?
    During my first cut (273 lbs to 182 and a 6 pack) I've met other girls, got laid a lot and, in the end, got the girl I wanted. And suddenly, I didn't wanted her anymore. My compass was gone. I was doing it for her, right? So what now? Should I continue working out? Isn't the game won and over?
    And that's how I slowly started putting the weight back (never back to 273 lbs though).

If I could travel back in time and give myself some advice, it would sound something like this:

"Find a selfish motivation. Don't to it for one girl, do it to get lots of girls. Don't to it to be healthy. Do it to look hot. Your self-confidence will explode. You WILL get lots of girls. Some hotter than you imagined that you thought it was possible. But, for the f**ks sake, don't do it for anybody. Do it for yourself only. Don't expect others to motivate you. They can't and they won't. It's already hard to keep yourself focused, so why would anybody would lose their time trying to convince you to get your sneakers and go for a run on a cold night. There's lot of great people and good advice in here, but nobody will take your junk food out of your hands. It is YOUR responsibility and YOURS ONLY."

Expect ingratitude

Bodybuilding is an ungrateful world. At least my amateur, aesthetics-searching bodybuilding world was. And I found it to be either a bliss and a curse.
    Meaning that, no matter how fat I were before, when the 6 pack appeared, nobody cared. That fat boy mindset goes away quickly when the "gurlz start mirin". Even the people that knew me from before, and saw the whole transformation, didn't care. Lots of my girl friends started to flirt with me. They didn't see the former fattie. They saw the hot guy.
    The down side of this is that, when the weight started to pile back, nobody cared that I had once a 6 pack. Even when I showed them pictures, people simply just don't care. Even those who knew me from my golden days, and at the time had flirted with me.
    This taught me that, no matter what you have done, present is only what counts (still talking fitness-wise).

Had I knew these things above, lots of energy would have been saved. But, what's bodybuilding if not a journey of knowledge of your own flaws? We work our weak muscle groups, we face our insecurities and, most of us, never step on a stage. Why do it then? Was the whole sacrifice worthwhile?
    Well, I don't know if some of you have been through it, but seeing girls checking you out wherever you go, run shirtless in the beach, feel a little jealousy from your buddies, get complimented every time you meet old friends is some of the little daily pleasures this journey can give you. The biggest of them all are, however, self-respect and pride.

- Jumper
    Fuuuaaarrrkkkkk brah - repped!
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhh budaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Olympic Lifter.

86 kgs at Aug 13...
    61 kgs at May 14
    62 kgs at Sept 14

25 kgs of fat lost. Now time to GROW!

Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TurnTheKey View Post
    Yeah you notice fat much more when you have less of it
    I have noticed this also, unfortunately

TurnTheKey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jazsi View Post
    I have noticed this also, unfortunately
    My love handles are really well defined now!

Closed Thread
Page 252 of 268 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 ... LastLast