intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10) intermilan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

fats in mixed nut

Have a question

If a bag of mixed nuts has this

100g =
    18.3g protein
    48g fat
    20g carbs
    6g fibre
    energy 595kcal

I know I know but is better than junk food, but is this good fat or bad fat??

kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nuts contain good fat, but you would be better to choose Walnuts for it's high Omega 3 content. Almonds are ok.

Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bob45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would get almonds instead. They have good fat and are easier to stop eating. A handful of mixed nuts is like a tease.

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Walmart carries these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Nuts-D.../dp/B000ELWG2K

Not sure where else you can get them, but they are really yummy - good not just for snacking, but on salads, or in rice dishes, or over veggies.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by intermilan
    Have a question

If a bag of mixed nuts has this

100g =
    18.3g protein
    48g fat
    20g carbs
    6g fibre
    energy 595kcal

I know I know but is better than junk food, but is this good fat or bad fat??
    Here is some info for you:

cashews
    peanuts
    almonds
    walnuts

Like anything, it's a matter of moderation. How many mixed nuts does it take to make up that 100 grams? Probably not very many...one big handful? Two?

What's the total weight of each serving you eat? If you're eating 200g at a time then that's almost 1200 calories.

Out of curiousity, does the bag offer up the sodium content per 100g?

~ Chris

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry Empresscat, but I have to strongly protest those nuts at Walmart.
    Thet have added salt, sugar all kinds of unhealthy junk. Plus they're roasted in who knows what, I couldn't tell.

About BHT see
    http://www.feingold.org/program-pg.html

Plus, TBHQ!

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah, with my busy schedule I've gotten lazy... but generally prefer to get raw nuts and toast them myself with tamari and sea salt. You can also add other seasonings like cayenne, curry powder, and garlic.

But walnuts are still quite versatile. And really, you only need a tiny amount. Chop them up and they will go farther. But they have enought flavor that a small amount will satisfy.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just buy Kirkland brand nuts -- walnuts and almonds -- from Costco. Nothin in the bag but nuts. I keep them in the freezer, which prevents the nuts from going rancid but they don't actually freeze so you can eat them straight away. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=bdoff&browse=

Dbfgirl, I buy those exact two items, Costco Almonds and their Walnuts.
    I store them in the fridge, never thought about freezing them. May do that.
    I noticed they now also have Organic Peanut Butter.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kmax
    Dbfgirl, I buy those exact two items, Costco Almonds and their Walnuts.
    I store them in the fridge, never thought about freezing them. May do that.
    I noticed they now also have Organic Peanut Butter.
    Kmax, Costco used to carry Maranantha's organic pb and it is awesome! Then they dropped it in favor of their own brand which has sugar added. I tried it once, thinking I'd deal with the little bit of sugar as an offset to the convenience and price, but the flavor is nowhere near as good as the Maranantha. So I'm getting the Maranantha at Whole Foods (along with f a g e yogurt, which is also awesome and really high in protein).

manboobs and love handles nomasgordo's Avatar
    nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im gonna grab some of the almonds next time im at costco, but im a sucker for the Costco pistacios! i just wish i could find un-salted ones, cause im sick of removing the skin so i dont ingest too much salt. You know, i dont think ive ever seen un-salted pistacios. WTF!
    Is that a weight loss plateau or is it your hidden box of cookies you break into when no one is looking?! :)
    ---

Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about chocolate coverd almonds???
    Thread Killer

froggie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nomasgordo
    im gonna grab some of the almonds next time im at costco, but im a sucker for the Costco pistacios! i just wish i could find un-salted ones, cause im sick of removing the skin so i dont ingest too much salt. You know, i dont think ive ever seen un-salted pistacios. WTF!
    I think i've seen unsalted pistachios at bulk food stores around here,,,they have tons of different kinds of nuts there.
    In the pursuit of fame, fortune, and really big arms! :P

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Almonds are best IMO.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they have every type of nut you could ever want. I buy pistaccios and cashews, the lime chili cashews are the cat's meow for a snack. I only take 1/4 cup with me or I'd THOUSANDS of cals over !! Watch the cals you're taking in in nuts and seeds, it's not hard at all to go over your cals for the day.