Thread: Wrist Curl

workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wrist Curl

I can currently wrist curl a 15 lb dumbell for 3 sets of 25.
    Im gonna increase the weight.
    I currently have a 25 lb and a 35 lb dumbell..
    How many sets and reps would be a good idea when increasing the weight?

Heres a small question for others out there
    Whats the heaviest youll have wrist curle.That way i know how heavy one can go

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what position are you talking about, there are a few. Are you standing, sitting etc.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by workoutman123
    I dont have much knowledge bout types of workouts.I just copied a guy in the gym.Can you tell me what kind of workout i have done by looking at how my workout progressed over the weeks and pundages used
    ...i.e mass building, strength etc..I just need to know the type of workout i have done .

Forget about the wrist curls and just do the "Rippetoe program".

Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Back in the day when I used to wrist curl (before I knew better ways to make the forearms grow) I think I got up to using like 60lb dumbbells doing them seated. But that doesn't mean you can, that is like saying "Oh that guy can squat 900lbs so I guess I can go that heavy too".

workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) workoutman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Agostage
    what position are you talking about, there are a few. Are you standing, sitting etc.
    the one where im sitting.. and my wrist is just over knee

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Heres a small question for others out there
    Whats the heaviest youll have wrist curle.That way i know how heavy one can go
    I was last using a 50 pound DB and I know that's way too light for me now. BTW, what is your goal? To increase your forearm size, or strength or both??
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

strength all the way.
    can u suggest a routine for me to follow..with a plan
    I got with me a pair of 15 lb dumbells,one 25 lb, 1 35 lb... I also have one 10 lb plate and a 25 lb plate

when i play arm wrestling or mercy i cant win coz i cant curl my wrist well...my kid bro beats me at mercy and that bad..i can dominate him in arm wrestling by using chest but in mercy all he does is curl his wrist and he wins and he dont even work out

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation

when i play arm wrestling or mercy i cant win coz i cant curl my wrist well...my kid bro beats me at mercy and that bad..i can dominate him in arm wrestling by using chest but in mercy all he does is curl his wrist and he wins and he dont even work out
    I think that your kid brother is holding out on you... he's getting strong SOMEWHERE, but where? And how?

O.K., what you need are either bigger weights OR bigger reps, and I'm gonna go with bigger weights. What you have won't do the job - get at least a 50 pound DB or more; you do wrist curls on it, heavy DB wrist curls to get your wrists stronger. You could also do plate wrist curls with the plates you have. Some other items you'll need -- wrist roller, sledgehammer, thick bar. BTW, how old are you and what's your BW???
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer EZ Bar wrist curls done off the end of a flat bench, and I usually do 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps at the end of my bicep or tricep workouts.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

lol

duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm not even gonna touch on this one

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

why

can someone suggest a proper wrist curl workout using dumbells
    tell me the sets and reps
    I can do 35 lb wrist curl 3 times