chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how many sets are ideal for hamstrings?

I do them once a week and am not sure how many sets are good for them. I usually start off with 4 sets of deadlifts.

chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone?

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hams huh? Well, I work the hell out of mine, the whole posterior chain really. On Squat day, I train hams using 3-4 sets of 8-10 with SLDL or Good Mornings after a ham/glute/lower back heavy squat. The I do weighted hypers, and some GHRs.

Then I also do a deadlift day in the same week (or roughly 9 day period), and that would be a ham heavy day, generally 3 heavy sets.

Course, this is in Westside, so it might be more appropriate if you detailed what your training goals are, then you might get some better responses.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chugg
    I do them once a week and am not sure how many sets are good for them. I usually start off with 4 sets of deadlifts.
    Like delts and arms, hams can take a disproportionate amount of work, and are one of the fastest recovering muscle groups.

A good way to approach it is to do 2/3 to 1/1 as many sets as you do for quads.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Like delts and arms, hams can take a disproportionate amount of work, and are one of the fastest recovering muscle groups.

A good way to approach it is to do 2/3 to 1/1 as many sets as you do for quads.
    sorry I didnt understand that at all.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sorry I didnt understand that at all.
    If you do 10 sets for quads, do 6 (@2/3) to 10 (1/1) sets for hams.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

If you do 10 sets for quads, do 6 (@2/3) to 10 (1/1) sets for hams.

I still dont understand those numbers and what they mean and Im a damn mortgage broker! LOL, sorry for my stupidity but honextly I do not get it.

I still dont understand those numbers and what they mean and Im a damn mortgage broker! LOL, sorry for my stupidity but honextly I do not get it.
    I am saying to do 66% to 100% of the number of sets you do for your quadriceps for your hamstrings.

So, for example, if you do 10 sets for quads,

you would do 6-10 sets for your hamstrings.

The reason I stated it the way I did was saying how many sets to do for your hamstrings is totally arbitrary. The way I am stating it "converts" the information into YOUR workout, because it is based on something you already do I assume (train your quads).
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

I am saying to do 66% to 100% of the number of sets you do for your quadriceps for your hamstrings.

So, for example, if you do 10 sets for quads,

you would do 6-10 sets for your hamstrings.

The reason I stated it the way I did was saying how many sets to do for your hamstrings is totally arbitrary. The way I am stating it "converts" the information into YOUR workout, because it is based on something you already do I assume (train your quads).

I got ya. Sorry for the ignorance. I had brain surgery so I have an excuse lol. I was doing 12 sets of hams so I was thinking I better tone that down. I love deadlifts so I am assuming that if I do 4 sets of deads I should only do 3 more sets of lying leg curls and I should be good. Wouldnt you think?

Thumbs up

I got ya. Sorry for the ignorance. I had brain surgery so I have an excuse lol. I was doing 12 sets of hams so I was thinking I better tone that down. I love deadlifts so I am assuming that if I do 4 sets of deads I should only do 3 more sets of lying leg curls and I should be good. Wouldnt you think?

Without knowing your total routine, it is hard to say, but I would say deads + leg curls would be a good combo.

Can't really go wrong with that combination.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    the exact amount of sets which common sense can figure out. One set less than the exact amount is undertraining. One set more then the exact amount is overtraining.

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kingfish3
    the exact amount of sets which common sense can figure out. One set less than the exact amount is undertraining. One set more then the exact amount is overtraining.
    THAT, was deep, even for you fishy.

Weren't you banned? Who let you back in dammit? The forum was becoming a sane place to hangout.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Is peyote now part of HIT training?
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

As soon as I read that I ran a purple light cause I thought it was blue and during the whole damn time my shoes fell of cause I was suing the elctric company for punitive damages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freestyle Bodybuilder bigcityboy's Avatar
    bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I just switched

I just switched back to my 9 sets split on account of I could not keep up after 6 months of My 12 set split.I also tuned down the intensity. For My thighs thats a total of well I'm doing a total of 36 sets for my legs. I use to do even more. I've tuned My deadlifting down to 6 sets per back day. And I am gaining strength.
    I usually don't consider deads a leg related excersises. I do them on back day.
    I do them twice per week.