DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)

does anyone else think the football pads are overexcessive?

The other day I got layed to hell out and it didn't even hurt. Everybody is always like "DAAAAAYUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!!!" when people get hit real hard but it dosen't reall hurt. The worse that happens if your built and keep your arms in is you get the wind knocked out of you.

The only problem is that using your pads has become a big part of the game we know today.

I think we should go back to the little leather helmets and the padded shirts. I bet the founding fathers of football thing we are a bunch of little pussies.

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    yea so a rock can crack you skull and put all of us though reading your posts go ahead man i will buy the leather helmet for you

sehRB28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sehRB28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea i think your crazy, you must have gotten hit a little too hard.

Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dantes wrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DangerDan
    The other day I got layed to hell out and it didn't even hurt. Everybody is always like "DAAAAAYUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!!!" when people get hit real hard but it dosen't reall hurt. The worse that happens if your built and keep your arms in is you get the wind knocked out of you.

The only problem is that using your pads has become a big part of the game we know today.

I think we should go back to the little leather helmets and the padded shirts. I bet the founding fathers of football thing we are a bunch of little pussies.

NFL us starting to become a pussy heaven

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes and no. there are plenty of times you can be hit and be just fine without pads, but it doesnt mean you dont need them. how many concussions are there in one season? plus, you wouldnt be able to hit the same way, as hard, as many times without pads. plain and simple. hell i remember one time i was trapped on in spring training and i was knocked out for a good minute or so. ran the same play with the same personel in pads for about 2 years and never had another incident. it just takes one time.

plus you probably just play with a bunch of pussies anyways.

jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're f'n nuts, look how many injuries there are in football. imo we don't have enough pads!

SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    rugby, a real mans game, without the constant breaks as well

fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SeamusMcAnus
    rugby, a real mans game, without the constant breaks as well
    rugby is a bunch of euro pussies..in football you are getting hit by people who are faster and 50 pounds heavier..in rugby you aren't getting crushed by 300 pound lineman

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fballer12
    rugby is a bunch of euro pussies..in football you are getting hit by people who are faster and 50 pounds heavier..in rugby you aren't getting crushed by 300 pound lineman
    Euros?

Last I checked, Australia, New Zealand nor South Africa were in Europe. Thanks for your insight though.
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SeamusMcAnus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by fballer12
    yeah cause that doesnt happen in rugby

Jonah Lomu stood at 2 metres tall weighed 286lbs [20stone] could run 100metres [110yards] in 10 seconds and quess what his opposition werent wearing big helmets and padding like in NFL

Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jonah Lomu stood at 2 metres tall weighed 286lbs [20stone] could run 100metres [110yards] in 10 seconds and quess what his opposition werent wearing big helmets and padding like in NFL
    There is no comparing the two. In rugby the tackling is different because of the lack of shoulder pads and helmet. A football player can hit someone a hell of a lot harder because the tackler is protected by pads. Both sports are great and hardcore, just not easy to compare the two

kyleob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The pads companies are putting out these days look more like a suit of armor than padding, i know this is especially bad in hockey, players are even getting injured because other players pads are so big and hard. But the big padding slows you down to there are guys like Brendna Shanahan that still wear their tiny pads from when they play peewee

Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rogan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the pads are fien size these days i think, i wear a girdle with the built in pads and thats a good size for me and just get small thigh and knee pads and shoulder pads that fit properly and youll be fine, if we didnt wear pads people woudl be out of the game ater 8-10 hits, with padsyou cna get hit 50 times and be fine...thats the reason we were them i think, you dont want to break a rib on every tackle

DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)

I was waiting for the rugby guys to get here.

I am gonna say that I think football guys hit harder, but dang, this is too much.

I think we should go back to something like this, just less coneheadish.

Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i sometimes think the pads make things hurt more

Exampe-When you get hit, their helmet hits you, probobly makes the impact hurt more than without the helmet.

But i have to say, the pads do definitely help, when you get hit, you expect it to hurt alot, and it ends up feeling like nothing.

I like the idea of less heavy leather pads and leather helmet, like in the past.
    .:Ace50 Crew:.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestling Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I would want more protection around my head...but when do we need butt pads, or girdle pads? {it doesn't seem like we use them}. Thigh pads needs to be trimmed down a bunch, shoulder pads atleast need to have less padding, they are too F'ing bulky..

Please don't start up Rugby v Football again... Football is widely open to people in the U.S. and Rugby in a lot of other countries. Just take different perspective on it, and just chill

mastergrim8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just respect it as sports of physical endurance and be done with it.

lukethevikin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the differance between rugby not using pads and football wearing over excessive pads is rugby players use real techniqe to tackle players players have to be more skill full not to get tackled hard using footwork we dont just have fat guys to stnd in front and block the tackler

steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wrestling Man
    Well, I would want more protection around my head...but when do we need butt pads, or girdle pads? {it doesn't seem like we use them}. Thigh pads needs to be trimmed down a bunch, shoulder pads atleast need to have less padding, they are too F'ing bulky..
    I think the problem that causes the need for such bulky and hard pads is that

1) Helmets have become much harder and larger.
    2) People nowadays hit much harder than they did back in the day when they wore leather helmets. (why? upgrades in weight lifting, supplements, diets, etc.)

I don't see the need of the tailpad, it only gets in my way and winds up being sideways in my girdle anyway. The hip pads are needed cuz if you get a helmet to the hip, it will crack and fuk you up. Same with theighs/chest/back, if you get hit with a helmet hard there, you will break something if you're not wearing pads...
    *New Jersey Crew (973 and 201)* ... you jus mad cuz im stylin' on ya??

BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    rugby union is defently more tuff and more skilled than nfl. pleese watch a RUGBY game. you PEOPLE who play nfl will drop ur pussy pads and say "daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn"

GO RUGBY UNION BABY!!!!!!!

Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People hit harder in NFL than in rugby as they have helmets. A lot of hits are led with the head. Try this in rugby and you get knocked the hell out.

Both are physical, but its a different kind of physicality. Break downs make it more tiring in Union, hits are generally less extreme than NFL and rugby league, but there is the whole rucking game to contend with

take a gander at this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05266494004&q=

stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You guys are forgetting another major reason (in my opinion) for all this over-protection: liability lawsuits.

Since so many people - certain parents in this case - like to sue the crap out of everyone every chance they get, schools have to cover their ass as best they can.

Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000) Milamber is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can understand the reasoning behind padding in american foot ball, but isent it constricting and makes you less able to step quickly and twist and turn?

I know that in Union if i wore pads i would be ****ed cuz i couldent step people.

ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you cant twist and turn in pads, then you need to get better fitting pads.

c'mon people, they really aren't that restricting. when i have my pads on i forget that they're there. and watch highlights of barry sanders or reggie bush....they were still able to "step" people with 10 lbs of "restricting" equipment on, and they did it with regularity.

firehaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firehaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firehaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firehaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    throwing your body around is part of the fun of football.

if you want to hurt someone (or be hurt), go box.

FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awww, come on. Football is a more balistic sport then rugby, if only because ya get more breaks. Rugby requires more endurance. Football, not so much. You need raw power more.

And I'm okay with all pads EXCEPT shoulder pads. they need to be cut down a Lil'.

FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FootballNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Ya. Now that I think about it, The should pads need to be cut down majorly in the back, there needs to be less pading, and then you'll probably get hurt a lot on those DDDDDDDAAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM hits.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA you got JACKED UP!!

Registered User MadbadUnderFlab's Avatar
    MadbadUnderFlab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post idk man

IDK man honestly id say itd be pretty cool to actually go back traditionall but i highly doubt were gonna have players playin the game for more than 2 years witouth all the injuries i mean look at how many players get hurt with pads

Originally Posted by lukethevikin
    the differance between rugby not using pads and football wearing over excessive pads is rugby players use real techniqe to tackle players players have to be more skill full not to get tackled hard using footwork we dont just have fat guys to stnd in front and block the tackler
    please shut the hell up, you have no idea what your talking about.

KTHXBYE