Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Seroph4x
    I'M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE. LEAVE THESE FORUMS. NOW.

SCUM OF THE EARTH...POPEYE

And I'm going to have to tell you no.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263

Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face

Originally Posted by BringtheNoise
    And I'm going to have to tell you no.
    sorry about that mate its my raging hormones

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry about that mate its my raging hormones
    Ehh I thought it was sarcasm.

sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdtiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, here goes..

1) Bruce Lee at 140 in his prime with the nutrition,training, fighting skills and knowledge during his day would most likely be defeated by most current MMA fighters.

2) Bruce Lee with a little more bulk say 155 or more in his prime with the nutrition, MMA training, and knowledge of today would have a good chance at being a top MMA fighter.

Basically with all things being equal: weight, training, knowledge, Bruce could be a top MMA fighter. Of course, this is all speculation, based upon what those who know him. He was known as being strong, fast, and always striving to improve himself.

But again, all this stuff is pointless and can be argued to death without having any real consensus. Whether or not he can be a top MMA fighter or not. He DID bring the Martial Arts to a more widespread audience and help make it as popular as it is today. You have to respect the man for that.

Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000)
    everyone stop. stop now

listen up POPEYES

bruce lee had HEAPS of bjj training! watch some of his movies, he does arm bars, grappling and what not too! arm locks and heaps of cool stuff like grappling

so he already knows how to do it ya poppybrothers. chokes and all too

Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fenway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah and? I could train for a fight, that don't mean I could beat Gomi or anybody for that matter.
    bruce lee was a martial artist before he was an actor and I doubt you have the foundation bruce had.

Originally Posted by Fenway
    bruce lee was a martial artist before he was an actor and I doubt you have the foundation bruce had.
    Bruce Lee was schooled in a worthless martial art before he was an actor, and created his own martial art before he was an actor. That doesn't make him a fighter. I started training in martial arts at a younter age than Lee, and trained in far more effecient martial arts for longer than Lee.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He was a 140lb actor, with some Wing Tsung training. That is all.
    Stupidest post ever..bruce studied justa bout everything on his own and with the TOP people in the respective arts in the day. THEY all had nothing but praise for bruce.
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bruce Lee was schooled in a worthless martial art before he was an actor, and created his own martial art before he was an actor. That doesn't make him a fighter. I started training in martial arts at a younter age than Lee, and trained in far more effecient martial arts for longer than Lee.
    WOW..and all these martial artists who respect bruce and are top competitors MUST BE WRONG! LOL!...

Tito's #1 here=BRUCE. Most MMA hero=BRUCE.

All the top old school experts respect the **** out of him.

Bruce Lee would kick the **** out of BringtheNoise just with his lighting fast powerful kicks.

so shut the **** up BringtheNoise you little scumbag piece of rubbish.

Originally Posted by wanaBsedated
    WOW..and all these martial artists who respect bruce and are top competitors MUST BE WRONG! LOL!...

Tito's #1 here=BRUCE. Most MMA hero=BRUCE.

All the top old school experts respect the **** out of him.
    I respect him too, but he's not a fighter. That is the fact of it. Only one documented fight, and it's debatable if he won.

Bruce Lee would kick the **** out of BringtheNoise just with his lighting fast powerful kicks.

so shut the **** up BringtheNoise you little scumbag piece of rubbish.
    Post reported. Grow up.

HE HAD DOCUMENTED FIGHTS(mostly boxing as u have seen), HE TRAINED PRO FIGHTERS, HE REVOLUTIONIZED FIGHTING..He wittled his body to be a street fighting weapon...how is he NOT a fighter?

HE HAD DOCUMENTED FIGHTS(mostly boxing as u have seen)
    Can I get a source for this?

HE TRAINED PRO FIGHTERS
    Indeed he did. Joe Lewis for one I believe.

HE REVOLUTIONIZED FIGHTING
    He revolutionized martial arts, in movies specifically. He however didn't revolutionize fighting. I have never seen, not once, a fighter fight like Bruce Lee.

He wittled his body to be a street fighting weapon
    Yet, has only one know fight and there is a disagreement about who won.

how is he NOT a fighter?
    Because he didn't fight?

Can I get a source for this?

Indeed he did. Joe Lewis for one I believe.

He revolutionized martial arts, in movies specifically. He however didn't revolutionize fighting. I have never seen, not once, a fighter fight like Bruce Lee.

Yet, has only one know fight and there is a disagreement about who won.

Because he didn't fight?
    You are a complete jackass if you think bruce never fought..just because he wasn't a tournement fighter. How close minded can you get? There was a reason why he had so much respect from all top fighters and martial artists..it wasnt because he was bull****. I bet the best fighter in the world isnt even actively competing right now, yet. You have NEVER seen another like bruce because he was an individualist and not many people grasp that concept..everyone fights differently.

You are a complete jackass if you think bruce never fought..just because he wasn't a tournement fighter. How close minded can you get? There was a reason why he had so much respect from all top fighters and martial artists..it wasnt because he was bull****. I bet the best fighter in the world isnt even actively competing right now, yet. You have NEVER seen another like bruce because he was an individualist and not many people grasp that concept..everyone fights differently.
    So, in other words, you can't show that Bruce Lee had any fights except on a set? OK.

-j-RoC- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bruce Lee > BringtheNoise

tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dan Inosanto > Bruce Lee

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    everyone stop. stop now

listen up POPEYES

bruce lee had HEAPS of bjj training! watch some of his movies, he does arm bars, grappling and what not too! arm locks and heaps of cool stuff like grappling

so he already knows how to do it ya poppybrothers. chokes and all too
    Dude just because he did it in his movies and encorporated it in his training does not mean he was anywhere near the level of current day grapplers. Just because you know how to do a choke and an armbar doesn't mean you will be able to compete with real grapplers. There is way more to bjj, and any grappling art, than the obvious moves like armbars and stuff. That is just a small part of it.

Once again I'm NOT saying that bruce lee couldn't fight, or that he wasn't an inovater of martial arts and one of the originators of mma, or anything like that. I have a great deal of respect for bruce, but fighters today are a different breed then they were at his time. A mediocre mma pro of today would probably beat the best fighter in the world of that time.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-25-2006 at 05:43 AM.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Post reported. Grow up.
    Uh oh looks like we got a cry baby taddle tale on our hands...everyone lets make an effort not to hurt bringthenoise's feelings, he is obviously very fragile.

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by little_big_man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqmliQdnB-s

yeah the guy was 130 pounds but check out that speed wow he was fast.

he knew how to get maximum speed out of his little body and was the original founder of MMA in a way with his philosophy.

look at how well royce gracie did at first and he didnt have anywhere near bruce lees speed.

dont underestimate him because he was small his power came from his speed.

You can not make a judgement on speed watching 7 frames per second. Watch a video of a couple LW fighters and they will look just as fast.

He was born with the same type of muscle fibers like any other man.

Royce doing so well years ago had nothing to do with speed. Are you even suggesting that he was a striker? He fought mostly cans who had no idea what BJJ was.

"dont underestimate him because he was small his power came from his speed." -yeah just like every other LW or bantam weight fighter.

Stop making the man into a supernatural being.

Originally Posted by basement iron
    You can not make a judgement on speed watching 7 frames per second. Watch a video of a couple LW fighters and they will look just as fast.

He was born with the same type of muscle fibers like any other man.

Royce doing so well years ago had nothing to do with speed. Are you even suggesting that he was a striker? He fought mostly cans who had no idea what BJJ was.

"dont underestimate him because he was small his power came from his speed." -yeah just like every other LW or bantam weight fighter.

Stop making the man into a supernatural being.
    Agreed 100%...he's only human. Some of you really do think he was a supernatural being. It's not like top mma lightweights don't train just as hard and with just as much dedication as him, I'm sure there are guys that could rival him in speed/power which is his only advantage. Technique wise he is way behind the times...obviously.

In another thread in this section there was an artical about martial artists testing themselves on some kind of scientific dummy. The kung fu fighter won it out in the speed category. His punch was like 3 times the speed of a snake strike, does that mean he can automaticaly beat pro mma guys? No.

Edit- 4 times faster than a snake. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...science_2.html
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-25-2006 at 07:56 AM.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Of COURSE he's way behind the times technique-wise. He's been dead for like 30 years...
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Originally Posted by HardGainer82
    Of COURSE he's way behind the times technique-wise. He's been dead for like 30 years...
    That's why I said "obviously" right afterwards...but that's irrelevant to the argument. The argument is whether or not bruce lee could hang with pro mma'rs of today, and the fact is that his technique didn't compare. Not saying it's his fault or anything it's not like he could predict the future. I'm just saying that's the way it is, if you braught back bruce in his prime he wouldn't have the skills needed.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    That's why I said "obviously" right afterwards...but that's irrelevant to the argument. The argument is whether or not bruce lee could hang with pro mma'rs of today, and the fact is that his technique didn't compare. Not saying it's his fault or anything it's not like he could predict the future. I'm just saying that's the way it is, if you braught back bruce in his prime he wouldn't have the skills needed.
    Well, that much is true, but there seems to be two separate arguments going on in this thread, and one of them says that he would have evolved his game if he was still alive today. Frankly I think he could compete just based on his dedication to training and athletic ability, coupled with today's methods. But if you yanked him out of a time machine and stuck him in the ring with MMA fighters from today, well then no.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Originally Posted by tennisnut
    Dan Inosanto > Bruce Lee
    Actually your wrong, Dan Inosanto was a student of Bruce Lee......

Dan "Danny" Inosanto (born July 24, 1936) is a famous Filipino American martial arts instructor from California who is perhaps best known for being both a teacher (FMA) and a student of Jeet Kune Do/Wing Chun to late martial artist Bruce Lee.

if it wasnt for Bruce, Inosanto would not be anywhere as good as he was....

Originally Posted by HardGainer82
    Well, that much is true, but there seems to be two separate arguments going on in this thread, and one of them says that he would have evolved his game if he was still alive today. Frankly I think he could compete just based on his dedication to training and athletic ability, coupled with today's methods. But if you yanked him out of a time machine and stuck him in the ring with MMA fighters from today, well then no.
    That's what I've been saying, but yeah if he were around from ufc 1 to right now and was able to keep his training up to date he would probably be a force in the lightweight division, with posibilities of being a champ.

tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -j-RoC-
    Actually your wrong, Dan Inosanto was a student of Bruce Lee......

Dan "Danny" Inosanto (born July 24, 1936) is a famous Filipino American martial arts instructor from California who is perhaps best known for being both a teacher (FMA) and a student of Jeet Kune Do/Wing Chun to late martial artist Bruce Lee.

if it wasnt for Bruce, Inosanto would not be anywhere as good as he was....
    friggin' retard

Originally Posted by tennisnut
    friggin' retard

because i proved u wrong?

Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    Uh oh looks like we got a cry baby taddle tale on our hands...everyone lets make an effort not to hurt bringthenoise's feelings, he is obviously very fragile.

No, I got temp banned for calling somebody a moron after I was called an idiot. Believe me, I'm all for flaming within reason, but if I got a temp ban for calling somebody a moron, he should get temp banned for that.