jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lift program during my cut, is this a good plan? *will rep

Still going to lift heavy, 6 rep sets. this is the workout (not including cardio which will be done before it) that i have formulated

all set counts include warm up sets.

i dont go by weeks they dont work for me- 4 days on, 1 day off, back into the rotation.

in 6-8 weeks will replace most BB excersises with DB for variation. I dont use pullups because i cannot do enough of them to be effective (maybe at the end of my cut ill be able to!) and i do my deads on leg day because i use a very, very leg heavy deadlift. i dont like putting too much back into it.

Day 1 Chest/Tri

5 sets flat bb bench
    4 sets incline bb bench
    4 sets cable crossovers
    4 sets close grip flat bench
    4 sets incline behind the head skull crushers
    4 sets assisted dips
    2 sets pushups to failure to finish off workout

Day 2 Legs

5 sets bb squats!!!!!!!!!
    4 sets 1 legged smith machine lunges
    3 sets deadlifts
    2 sets leg extensions
    4 sets various calve excersises

Day 3 Shoulders

4 sets Seated BB shoulder press
    4 sets standing military press
    4 sets of varying dumbell raises
    5 sets strapped dumbell shrugs (or should i do smith shrugs?)

Day 4 Back/Bi

5 sets bb row
    4 sets seated row
    4 sets lat pulldowns
    5 sets standing bb curls
    3 sets DB concentration curls

Day 5

OFF

any thoughts much appreciated!!

jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpars will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    k, ill just assume it is.....

BUMP

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking at your numbers ( 415 x 3 squats and 250 bench) I would recommend that you do whatever kind of training got you to these numbers in the first place. That is, cutting is really about changing up your diet (and maybe adding some cardio), but your training should remain pretty much the same. You do this in order to maintain (and maybe build) strength and muscle mass.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like a solid plan to me, only imo too many sets for chest/ tris, especially when your cutting, I would change the flat bench press to 4 sets and all the rest to 3 sets and drop the push ups alltogeather. I would definitly do the dumbell shrugs over doing smith shrugs, Dorian Yates belived dumbell shrugs hit the traps more completely as the weight is directly under your traps, not in front or behind, I believe hes right on this. I would definitly do some bent lateral raises for the back of the shoulders too as this is ussually a bodypart that tends to lag behind and if trained well will give the impression of more width when you are viewed from the back. I'd also do pull ups first for back day because its your primary lat width builder, doing them first will hit the muscle fibers that promote width harder and pre-exhust them allowing barbell rows and the other exercises to continue to work the width inducing fibers more-so than they would, (the pre-exhusting theroy) this has worked well for me personally. Other than those small changes I'd say its a really good program, Good luck dude!!
    favorite quote, (Ronnie Coleman) "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" Not sure why hes using a double negitive there, I think its cause all the blood in his head rushed into his legs after all those 800 pound squats, lol.

Best possible advice: make the mind-muscle connection.

Originally Posted by RipStone
    Looking at your numbers ( 415 x 3 squats and 250 bench) I would recommend that you do whatever kind of training got you to these numbers in the first place. That is, cutting is really about changing up your diet (and maybe adding some cardio), but your training should remain pretty much the same. You do this in order to maintain (and maybe build) strength and muscle mass.

this is essentially what got me there, but i have only been lifting *educated* for about a year. Always lifted at school for football but that was bs, about a year ago started really getting into lifting.

My diet has completely changed now that im not playing football anymore and trying to drop the fat, im already fairly muscular bu probably 21-22% body fat (played o tackle)
    i dont count calories but i have been having great sucsess with a few simple rules

-No Fast Food, period
    -1 Fried dish a week, no more
    -No dessert, period
    -Never over 1 plate in a meal

Originally Posted by juggernaut=-=
    Looks like a solid plan to me, only imo too many sets for chest/ tris, especially when your cutting, I would change the flat bench press to 4 sets and all the rest to 3 sets and drop the push ups alltogeather. I would definitly do the dumbell shrugs over doing smith shrugs, Dorian Yates belived dumbell shrugs hit the traps more completely as the weight is directly under your traps, not in front or behind, I believe hes right on this. I would definitly do some bent lateral raises for the back of the shoulders too as this is ussually a bodypart that tends to lag behind and if trained well will give the impression of more width when you are viewed from the back. I'd also do pull ups first for back day because its your primary lat width builder, doing them first will hit the muscle fibers that promote width harder and pre-exhust them allowing barbell rows and the other exercises to continue to work the width inducing fibers more-so than they would, (the pre-exhusting theroy) this has worked well for me personally. Other than those small changes I'd say its a really good program, Good luck dude!!
    hm ok i will add some of those bent raises in.
    Yeah the chest and tri workout generally pushes me about 90 minutes, but its my weak point.

As you can see i only bench 250. my squat is out the roof but my chest is always lacking.

And the pushups takes about 30 seconds at end of workout and i love the pump i get from them, they arent going anywhere.

should i only use 1 excerse to blast the tris or what?

edit: dropping the chest sets to 4 and the rest 3 sounds good to me, consider it done
    Last edited by jpars; 08-19-2006 at 02:36 PM.

meh, dropped the pushups and changed it up

Day 1 Chest/Tri

4 sets flat bb bench
    3 sets incline bb bench
    3 sets cable crossovers
    3 sets close grip flat bench
    3 sets incline behind the head skull crushers
    3 sets assisted dips

brings chest/tri day to 19 sets. feeels way better to me it hink, thanks for the advice

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jpars
    this is essentially what got me there, but i have only been lifting *educated* for about a year. Always lifted at school for football but that was bs, about a year ago started really getting into lifting.

My diet has completely changed now that im not playing football anymore and trying to drop the fat, im already fairly muscular bu probably 21-22% body fat (played o tackle)
    i dont count calories but i have been having great sucsess with a few simple rules

-No Fast Food, period
    -1 Fried dish a week, no more
    -No dessert, period
    -Never over 1 plate in a meal
    Good, good.

Check out this article on "Timed Carb Diet". It's a great way to eat to shed body fat and maintain/gain strength and mass while doing so...

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3398

Again, your nutrition is really the "make it or break it" factor.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Originally Posted by RipStone
    Good, good.

Check out this article on "Timed Carb Diet". It's a great way to eat to shed body fat and maintain/gain strength and mass while doing so...

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3398

Again, your nutrition is really the "make it or break it" factor.

meh once again im gonna be in college in a month

wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too complicated, wont happen.
    dieting to me= focusing on eating good.

counting calories isnt worth it to me, if i lay off all bad stuff and eat clean and not gorge myself im on a great diet and will lose weight.

im pumped, i start lifting again tommorow!!!
    Animal Pump should come too, thinking of starting it next week, although i might see the container and break it open asap.