evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50) evenflow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ripptoe on Squats...

So I've been doing Ripptoe for 3 months and ALL lifts have increased a lot (most even doubled). I just purchased his book and he says that knees have to be really far apart when you are deep in the squat (the bottom). I tried using the form he explains in the book, wide knees and now I really felt the stress on the hamstrings now, but to keep this form i had to drop some poundage. Can it be that usng the wrong form you can lift more?
    Bulking (5'9)
    Day 1 @ 147 lbs
    ~ Month 8 @ 195 lbs
    -------------------
    Cutting (5'9)
    Day 1 @ 196 lbs
    First month @ 189 lbs

f*ck you, carpal tunnel mightymouse37's Avatar
    mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's def possible to cheat the weight up using improper form, just look at most teen kids in your gym using awful form and tons of cheating to move weights that are waaay too heavy for them...
    You're = you are.
    Your = your.

I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.
    - Arnold, "Twins"

When life gives you a T-Rex, go Ninja-kick it in the head.
    - Rayne Summers

TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVirtualTaco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by evenflow
    So I've been doing Ripptoe for 3 months and ALL lifts have increased a lot (most even doubled). I just purchased his book and he says that knees have to be really far apart when you are deep in the squat (the bottom). I tried using the form he explains in the book, wide knees and now I really felt the stress on the hamstrings now, but to keep this form i had to drop some poundage. Can it be that usng the wrong form you can lift more?
    You may not be using improper form, just different form. By changing to a wider stance, different muscles have to do the brunt of the work, namely the hamstrings and glutes.
    Lean body mass is my fat burner.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to be a complete a**hole at any time.

Great quotes from BB.com:

"I disagree with people that says that high reps and low weight do not tone your muscles . High reps (20-30) do something , but I dont know what is it, I hope somebody can tell something about it"
    -- piportil_l4