projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50)

HIIT Cardio for Beginner ?

Hey guys.
    Just wondering i am a beginner b/b who is looking at cutting currently at 21% BF looking at getting it down to 12% to bulk.

Now just a quick question.
    Since i gas pretty quickly due to me being sluggish, is HIIT effective for cardio for myself as a beginner or should i run longer distances first any help would be great?

Misc Veteran Since '06 Le Derek's Avatar
    Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    use a treadmill and use the heart rate program...it keeps u at about 70% of ur heart rate foe however long the session is i reccomend 20-30 mins...do that every day excpet ur leg day and the day after ur leg day...and maybe a weight loss supliment if you need a little bit of help
    I actually live in South Florida

*Keto Guy*

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HIIT will raise the rate at which you burn fat, so lift weights first (even if it won't help you bulk) and then do 45 mins cardio at 65% of your MHR, the percentage at which most calories burned are from fat.

Either do that, or just do the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. I'm not sure how much the HIIT will help you, someone else will know more about it.

Don't look at weightloss supplements. They are ineffectual, just DIY
    Last edited by digitorum; 08-18-2006 at 09:58 AM.

projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50) projectaero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i was reading in an article that its better to have a protein shake then go running in the morning.

but i need to get to 12% by christmas thats my goal then new years reso is bulk bulk bulk.

so im unsure if i need to run for a while then HIIT or some other way cheers.

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by projectaero
    i was reading in an article that its better to have a protein shake then go running in the morning.

but i need to get to 12% by christmas thats my goal then new years reso is bulk bulk bulk.

so im unsure if i need to run for a while then HIIT or some other way cheers.
    Have the protein shake after running. You won't harm yourself by waiting until then to have protein. Drink coffee or orange juice before running to wake you up, and I believe caffeine may increase fat burning, I'm not sure.

now is HIIT the best cardio for fat loss ? as i will be weight training, eating correctly and muay thai twice a week.

Misc Veteran Since '06 Le Derek's Avatar
    Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    caffiene works as a thermogenic it raises your body temp and heart rate so you will burn more calories
    I actually live in South Florida

*Keto Guy*

thx,
    but in regards to HIIT is it better to do that on my off days ?
    The only problem is that if i was to go to the gym the plan would like like this:

Mon - Muay Thai
    Tue - HIIT
    Wed - Weight
    Thu - REST
    Fri - HIIT
    Sat - Weight
    Sun - REST

HIIT is really just weight training, unless you mean you are going to do some interval sprints when you say HIIT. Conventional cardio will be more effective for fat burning...

well i do:
    2 1 hour sessions of muay thai a week
    3 40 min sessions at the gym a week

i could class those 2 muay thai sessions as medium intensity training so should i do hiit twice a week for maximum fat loss?