CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CSimms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Medial meniscus injury and caused by VMO overpowering VL?

Hey guys, I have been doing the 5x5 intermediate program for 6 weeks, so lots of squatting which I had never done a ton of before. everything is going great and 5RM's are increasing for all lifts. However, recently (past 2-3 weeks) I have noticed some instability in my Left knee. I am pretty sure it is my medial meniscus and am thinking it may be due to my VMO being seemingly much more powerful and demanding compared to my Vastus lateralis. Anyone got suggestions on how to beef up the VL and take some stress off my medial knee. Thank you!

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    im no doctor....but usually its the other way around isnt it? I figured most peeps were generally weak in the VMO

fo rinstance look at 95% of pwoerlifters (wide stance squats)....they generally have huge outer thing and no teardrop...(me included, lol)

overall, to take pressure off the knee...you need to "sit back" more.....if your first move down is the knees caving in forward, then you simply are squatting wrong.....the first move down should be the butt going straight back....the weight gets back on the heels, not the toes......this keeps the shins a lot closer to vertical and takes a lot of pressure off the knee
    "Humility comes before honor"