the "real" little BIG man little_big_man's Avatar
    little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500)

jeff monson VS. tim SYLvia

who will win

this would be crazy to watch considering the extreme height difference of about 1 foot.

FIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SPRAINED WRIST as of 10-6-06 (waiting for it to heal)

Current stats
    height = 5'7
    weight = 230 pounds
    waist = 38 inches
    arms = 16.5 inches (PR)
    bench = 170X6 (4 sets) MAX = 200(PR)

GOAL stats
    height = 5'7
    weight = 240
    waist = 34 inches
    arms = 19 - 20 inches
    bench = 260 X 6 (4 sets) MAX = 315

breakintheweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakintheweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakintheweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakintheweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakintheweb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe this fight will end up like the arlowski fight. Monsoon has to take silvia down to even have a chance.
    Body space: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/breakintheweb/

King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IF Monson can take Sylvia down (and that is a big IF), the fight will end quickly with Sylvia tapping out to the Monson Squoze (i.e. North/South choke). However Sylvia's jab will probably keep Monson at a safe enough distance and a betting man would put money on a Sylvia KO in the 2nd or 3rd. Too bad... Monson is my favorite fighter too. Just a horrible matchup for him.

bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500)
    I hope monson breaks his ankle, sylvia called fedor a "tiny little ****" plus sylvia is a piece a **** fighter

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think people underestimate Monson's chances in this fight.

While the reach advantage of Sylvia is key, if this fight goes to the ground, Sylvia is in deep ****.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bert_n_ernie
    I hope monson breaks his ankle, sylvia called fedor a "tiny little ****" plus sylvia is a piece a **** fighter
    when did he call him that? any video?

hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    monson mustn't keep this fight standing.
    Glorious PC master race

bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500) bert_n_ernie is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by slavko
    when did he call him that? any video?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NJI1aBx9Kr4

watch when he talks about fighting with fedor

and sylvia backed out of a fight with jerome lebanner who would have whooped his ass....
    Last edited by bert_n_ernie; 08-14-2006 at 06:59 PM.

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think Monson is a much better grappler than Sylvia is (obviously)... but I don't think Tim is as awful on the ground as people seem to think. He was subbed by Mir in a weird bent-arm lock where Tim's arm snapped, and he was half KO-ed when Arlovski heel-hooked him. I think he can survive for awhile on the ground against Monson. Most of Monson's grappling is based off ground control and positioning, and not as much in actual submissions, and though he's pretty good at that as well, he's not exactly Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera when it comes to finishing good fighters with submissions.

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    I think Monson is a much better grappler than Sylvia is (obviously)... but I don't think Tim is as awful on the ground as people seem to think. He was subbed by Mir in a weird bent-arm lock where Tim's arm snapped, and he was half KO-ed when Arlovski heel-hooked him. I think he can survive for awhile on the ground against Monson. Most of Monson's grappling is based off ground control and positioning, and not as much in actual submissions, and though he's pretty good at that as well, he's not exactly Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera when it comes to finishing good fighters with submissions.
    True, but I think that he's got a huge strength advantage over Sylvia, particularly on the ground, and could probably at least control him well enough to get a decision.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

fedor is a little **** compared to sylvia...

sylvia is too big for monson and i cant really see monson taking sylvia down
    ;$-BMB;$-

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Monson > Mir at grappling
    Mir is way the hell better at subs than Tim. Nog is probably one of the most overrated MMA submission people of all time. Just like Monson he has lots of sub wins but nothing over anyone special.
    Last edited by Matt96teg; 08-14-2006 at 08:38 PM.
    Do or Die

the "real" little BIG man little_big_man's Avatar
    little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500)
    watch some of FEDORS highlight videos the guy is a freaking beast.

he hits so hard, and so fast its incredible. and he is great at taking down opponents regardless of size.

fedor might put sylvia in a coma.
    SPRAINED WRIST as of 10-6-06 (waiting for it to heal)

Current stats
    height = 5'7
    weight = 230 pounds
    waist = 38 inches
    arms = 16.5 inches (PR)
    bench = 170X6 (4 sets) MAX = 200(PR)

GOAL stats
    height = 5'7
    weight = 240
    waist = 34 inches
    arms = 19 - 20 inches
    bench = 260 X 6 (4 sets) MAX = 315

slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slavko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

and sylvia backed out of a fight with jerome lebanner who would have whooped his ass....
    wow, what an *******, I can't wait for Fedor to tear him apart.

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    Monson > Mir at grappling
    Mir is way the hell better at subs than Tim. Nog is probably one of the most overrated MMA submission people of all time. Just like Monson he has lots of sub wins but nothing over anyone special.
    Yeah but Monson has exactly zero submission wins over anyone remotely close to a top ten figher, whereas atleast Nog has submitted Herring, Coleman, Cro Cop, Enson, etc. When it comes right down to it, in the bigger weight classes almost no one can finish very good fighters via submission... really the only ones to do it with any kind of consistently are Nog and Fedor, to a lesser degree.

To compare Nog's resume to Monson's is like comparing Wanderlei Silva to Forrest Griffin; you are comparing someone who is great and has faced top-notch competition to someone who is a good, tough fighter, that has never really beaten anyone great. Monson is a quality HW, but if the UFC weren't so starved for HW contenders he wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the heap, IMO.

Originally Posted by little_big_man
    watch some of FEDORS highlight videos the guy is a freaking beast.

he hits so hard, and so fast its incredible. and he is great at taking down opponents regardless of size.

fedor might put sylvia in a coma.
    Yes yes.... we've all seen Fedor fight; I really wish you guys would give it a break.

I've been watching Pride for like 6-7 years, I don't need to see any highlight clips.

OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    tim"THE SLOTH"sylvia will lose I fope by broken limb.
    I KNOW VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER
    I GOT IT WRONG ON PURPOSE

patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Liddell beat Monson in 2002 and so did Forrest Griffin. Monson's last loss is to Forrest Griffin in 2002. Since then he is 16-0. Sylvia has to be quick on his feet and avoid a takedown at all costs. Monson isn't just a good grappler. He's won the Abu Dabi world title twice. That's the best there is in submission fighting. Tim's ok on the ground but he has problems avoiding triangle type submissions. Monson will definitely eat a few punches and kicks to get the takedown. "IF" Monson can get Sylvia on his back, it's going to be a bad night for Tim. The key to this fight will be Tim's foot speed and sprawl to avoid being taken down.

King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like ^^^ said above...

Monson is the ADCC CHAMPION. That is, the BEST NO-GI HEAVYWEIGHT GRAPPLER IN THE WORLD.

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah but Monson has exactly zero submission wins over anyone remotely close to a top ten figher, whereas atleast Nog has submitted Herring, Coleman, Cro Cop, Enson, etc. When it comes right down to it, in the bigger weight classes almost no one can finish very good fighters via submission... really the only ones to do it with any kind of consistently are Nog and Fedor, to a lesser degree.

To compare Nog's resume to Monson's is like comparing Wanderlei Silva to Forrest Griffin; you are comparing someone who is great and has faced top-notch competition to someone who is a good, tough fighter, that has never really beaten anyone great. Monson is a quality HW, but if the UFC weren't so starved for HW contenders he wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the heap, IMO.
    Cro-cop had zero sub D when he fought Nog, Coleman uhhh LMFAO hammer house has horrible sub D, Enson uhm hes not top ten or close to it. Herring I will give you that.
    Do or Die

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i hope frank mir or jeff monson breaks tim's arm again

patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Frank Mir is in bad shape. His fight with Dan Christianson was horrible. Frank was completely out of shape. I understand why, but.... Frank's got a long way to go before he's a serious contender again.

tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100)
    monson is a tough nut
    but reach advantage is far too much
    monson wil definatly have a mashed up face at the end
    Fedor: " I will fight your champion Tim Sylvia for 800k."
    Dana: " I will give you 10k to show and 10k to win."
    Fedor: " No thank you sir."
    Dana: " Do you wanna be a ****in fighter or not."

Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    Cro-cop had zero sub D when he fought Nog, Coleman uhhh LMFAO hammer house has horrible sub D, Enson uhm hes not top ten or close to it. Herring I will give you that.
    Coleman's only submission losses are to Fedor and Nog, so I don't really get how he has poor submission defense. Randleman I'll give you, but Coleman kinda gets lumped in with him just because he is from Hammer House. Losing via sub to Fedor and Nog isn't anything to be ashamed of. Enson isn't top 10 but he is a damn good BJJ guy, and to switch from one submission into another like Nog did (who was basically toying with Enson) shows some extreme skills.

You can't really say how good Mirko's sub defense was up to that point, because he'd never been tested, but I still say Nog is the best HW submission finisher... much better than Monson atleast. Jeff has never beaten a top 10 fighter period, let alone by a submission.

tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100)
    Coleman's only submission losses are to Fedor and Nog, so I don't really get how he has poor submission defense. Randleman I'll give you, but Coleman kinda gets lumped in with him just because he is from Hammer House. Losing via sub to Fedor and Nog isn't anything to be ashamed of. Enson isn't top 10 but he is a damn good BJJ guy, and to switch from one submission into another like Nog did (who was basically toying with Enson) shows some extreme skills.

You can't really say how good Mirko's sub defense was up to that point, because he'd never been tested, but I still say Nog is the best HW submission finisher... much better than Monson atleast. Jeff has never beaten a top 10 fighter period, let alone by a submission.
    but colemans fight with cro cop was a shame
    he really ate that uppercut and landed face first
    Fedor: " I will fight your champion Tim Sylvia for 800k."
    Dana: " I will give you 10k to show and 10k to win."
    Fedor: " No thank you sir."
    Dana: " Do you wanna be a ****in fighter or not."