Lorne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help for skinny forearms

Hi. I know there have been previous posts regarding forearm exercises, but my situation is rather unique, as I try to build up skinny forearms.
    I know that grip strength is really important, but I have an injury in my left wrist which prevents me from gripping my left hand tightly. As a result, I have to use straps when I do deadlifts or other grip exercises. I know that it's better never to use straps to build forearms, so any suggestions are much appreciated. If someone can also explain how to do static holds, that would be great. Many thanks.

Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can't grip with force in your hand, you will have a hard time building the muscle that does that.

Lots of open handed stuff is what you have to go too. Not really going to be goin on in the gym much me thinks. You may spend some time each day working on palming a basketball, if that is too hard, use a slightly smaller ball. Then you can work up to weighted balls.

A typical and effective pyramid scheme would look like. Pick up ball for 10 seconds, put down for 10. 9,9, 8,8 7,7 5,5 4,4, and back up again.
    something clever and witty

Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the best advice i can give you is to go light with your gripping lifts without straps to build up around your injury and make it stronger. agreat forearm lift is behind the back forearm curls. this exercise should be able to strengthen up your foremarms and help and grip.
    Former collegiate Athlete

Meet Pr's(@220) all time (~280)
    bench: 352.5 385
    squat:475 485
    Deadlift: 540 Twinlab MILITIA Member

TSN 12 Week SHred LoG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167216191&p=1356731291#post1356731291