MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadChild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Macronutrients of wheat grain pasta

Well, I requested that my mother make our family's dinner tonight with whole wheat pasta. When I got home from school today she said "okay tell me the difference, besides the colour?" With two of the same brands of pasta side by side, one whole wheat the other not, I compared. the whole wheat had a little more fat and potassium and slightly more fibre but other than that it had the exact same amount of carbs 63g. I told her that whole wheat pasta has a lower GI. I wasn't sure though. So, how different are the carbs in the pasta? She claims that "the one time a week you have pasta won't matter anyway." I'll just tell her it's like the difference between white and brown bread.
    Last edited by MadChild; 01-09-2003 at 05:19 PM.

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As long as you can explain the difference between white and whole-grain or mixed-grain bread (not brown bread), then this should bode well. In addition, you could offer the fact that whole-wheat pasta (and all whole-grain foods for that matter) are a much healthier choice and would be good not only for your endeavors but for the health of the whole family. The reason being that the whole-grain pasta has gone thru far less processing and stripping of its original profile than its white counterpart.
    Unstoppable Confidence