Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 315
  1. #241
    Registered User WhatTheDeuce911's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 31
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    WhatTheDeuce911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WhatTheDeuce911 is offline
    so i ran out of my old shake that i drank after each work out, but i don't think that it helped me at all. If i were to go to the vitamin shop or a GNC right now what would be the most beneficial and most muscle building shake that i should buy?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #242
    Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Vacaville, California, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 5,918
    Rep Power: 18931
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MASSter is offline
    My FAVorite right now because of quality, taste and price is Torrent by Universal. Damn.........just realized how ancient this thread is
    Who oversees the overseers?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #243
    Registered User diddy55's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 44
    Posts: 275
    Rep Power: 156
    diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddy55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diddy55 is offline
    Originally Posted by PC1 View Post
    The Ultimate, the BOMB......

    In a blender................

    1.... 8 oz glass of ice water (or apple juice, or grape juice, or whatever);
    1-2.... scoops of gatorade powdered drink mix;
    3-4..... tablespoons of raw honey;
    1..... peeled bananna;
    1..... peeled orange, preferably CA navel or clementine;
    1..... skinned and cored apple (I like Granny Smiths in this);
    1..... skinned and cored pear;
    2..... handfuls of seedless grapes (rinsed first);
    1..... skinned carrot;
    1-2.. tablespoons of flax seed oil;
    1-2..... scoop of your favorite Creatine Powder;
    However much whey or other protein powder you need for your requirements (vanilla or unflavored tastes best in this combo);

    Take this with your multi-vitamins post workout.

    You get your 5 fruits a day from this one meal. I also think you get better absorption of multi's when taken in conjunction with all this raw fruit, for all the same reasons you get better absorption of the vitamins WITHIN the fruit itself. I say this because when I used to just take a multivitamin with milk or whatever, 45 minutes later .... fluorescent urine. Not with this meal.

    You get energy like you never had. Your immune system will get a good kick in the rump. You will never feel better in your life, just 20 minutes after drinking it post work out.

    This or a variation thereof, has been my post work out meal every day for years now. My entire family may get sick with colds, and I may "catch" it very mildly for a day or 2, but I rarely EVER get sick at ALL any more. I used to get sick all the time.

    I attribute a lot of that to this one meal, every day.

    Enjoy.....

    Ps: I have a vita-mix that handles all this with no problem. This can be done in a regular blender, but you might want to grind the carrot up by itself first with the ice water/juice for a minute or two, then add the other fruit. Once that's pureed, add your protein/creatine at the end and run for an additional 5-10 seconds.

    Lastly, the consistency of this drink is fairly thick. Almost the consistency of an ice cream milk shake. Depending on the power of your blender, you might need to run it 2-3 minutes. However, don't run it any longer or it will turn the fruit bitter. Also, you will need to drink all of this right away, if you put it aside for even 30 minutes the fruit will again become bitter. And yes, it is very filling and satisfying!
    wow...thats a shake
    Reply With Quote

  4. #244
    makes a juicebox wet dannyautrey's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Location: Soldotna, Alaska, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 8,210
    Rep Power: 44039
    dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dannyautrey is offline
    9 pages..not gonna read it all..

    did anyone say Golden Finish yet?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #245
    Registered User TheGr8est's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 42
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    TheGr8est has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TheGr8est is offline

    need help

    hi, i did read it all. compulsively, i read 5 of these lengthy threads on home-made gainers for hours. after a visit to the local supermarket to stock up on supplies i was left with a few questions.

    i realize this is my first post to the forum. i hope some members here will be gracious enough to respond. I am one of the hard-gainers. VERY hard. 6'3", 140 lb about a month ago. i put on 7 pounds since with Muscle Juice, but i'm already graduating myself to home-made concoctions based on my reading here (thank you all btw)

    questions:

    - the store only had concentrated whey powder. i think this is great for Post-WO according to what i read (absorbs fast), but should i get casein and/or albumen to mix in for the pre-workout and off-workout days?

    - i would like to include some dextrose in the Post-WO shake however ideally minimal amount like 15 - 20 grams, and the rest with lower glycemic-carb like 1/2 - 1 cup oatmeal or oat bran. is this ok to have a small amount of HG sugar to feed the muscles right away along with the LG sugar to sustain it?

    - can you buy dextrose in stores or what is it named? i ended up buying gatorade powder cause i couldnt find 'dextrose'.

    tentatively here is what my program is:

    pre-wo shake:

    banana
    small orange
    1 tblsp hemp oil
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    1/3 cup oat bran
    1 oz concentrated whey

    post-wo shake:

    1 oz concentrated whey
    13 grams dextrose (from gatorade powder)
    1/2 cup or more of oatmeal/oat-bran (is this ok in here?)

    then a meal within 2 hours

    in a couple weeks i'll add some creatine to PWO

    any recommendations?

    thanks everyone
    Reply With Quote

  6. #246
    Registered User Myosin10's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 36
    Posts: 1,087
    Rep Power: 4525
    Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Myosin10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Myosin10 is offline
    Originally Posted by TheGr8est View Post
    hi, i did read it all. compulsively, i read 5 of these lengthy threads on home-made gainers for hours. after a visit to the local supermarket to stock up on supplies i was left with a few questions.

    i realize this is my first post to the forum. i hope some members here will be gracious enough to respond. I am one of the hard-gainers. VERY hard. 6'3", 140 lb about a month ago. i put on 7 pounds since with Muscle Juice, but i'm already graduating myself to home-made concoctions based on my reading here (thank you all btw)

    questions:

    - the store only had concentrated whey powder. i think this is great for Post-WO according to what i read (absorbs fast), but should i get casein and/or albumen to mix in for the pre-workout and off-workout days?

    - i would like to include some dextrose in the Post-WO shake however ideally minimal amount like 15 - 20 grams, and the rest with lower glycemic-carb like 1/2 - 1 cup oatmeal or oat bran. is this ok to have a small amount of HG sugar to feed the muscles right away along with the LG sugar to sustain it?

    - can you buy dextrose in stores or what is it named? i ended up buying gatorade powder cause i couldnt find 'dextrose'.

    tentatively here is what my program is:

    pre-wo shake:

    banana
    small orange
    1 tblsp hemp oil
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    1/3 cup oat bran
    1 oz concentrated whey

    post-wo shake:

    1 oz concentrated whey
    13 grams dextrose (from gatorade powder)
    1/2 cup or more of oatmeal/oat-bran (is this ok in here?)

    then a meal within 2 hours

    in a couple weeks i'll add some creatine to PWO

    any recommendations?

    thanks everyone

    Why do you add the hemp oil? All you gotta do is do about 20g of whey protein and 15-20g dextrose 5g BCAA's 5g creatine pre workout about 20 minutes before working out. Then for Post workout try 1 scoop whey and 1 scoop casein for about 40g protein 5g BCAA 5g creatine some vit e, vit c and r-ala and i personally only put in 30g dextrose because I dont like the high sugar feeling. The vitamins and r-ala are good for getting rid of free radicals that harm your body. You can get any of this stuff here on bodybuilding.com or your local vitam shoppe or other place that sells supplements. Here is the website for here.
    The casein is good because it will break down slower and keep your nitrogen balance positive for longer while the whey breaks down fast. Also the casein will make you feel more hungry than whey. I always put all this in water not milk
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html
    Last edited by Myosin10; 03-26-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #247
    Registered User TheGr8est's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 42
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    TheGr8est has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TheGr8est is offline
    Originally Posted by Myosin10 View Post
    Why do you add the hemp oil? All you gotta do is do about 20g of whey protein and 15-20g dextrose 5g BCAA's 5g creatine pre workout about 20 minutes before working out. Then for Post workout try 1 scoop whey and 1 scoop casein for about 40g protein 5g BCAA 5g creatine some vit e, vit c and r-ala and i personally only put in 30g dextrose because I dont like the high sugar feeling. The vitamins and r-ala are good for getting rid of free radicals that harm your body. You can get any of this stuff here on bodybuilding.com or your local vitam shoppe or other place that sells supplements. Here is the website for here.
    The casein is good because it will break down slower and keep your nitrogen balance positive for longer while the whey breaks down fast. Also the casein will make you feel more hungry than whey. I always put all this in water not milk
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html
    agree water and not milk, although i may experiment with putting some yogurt in there.

    the hemp oil is in place of flax which many said they were using. i think its a better choice personally, but generally i think some healthy fat/oil is a good staple to the diet ... especially for a skinny guy like me

    so you're saying just whey pre-, and whey + casein for post-? not the opposite?

    thanks for the advice

    i think i'm gonna have to do some re-reading too
    Reply With Quote

  8. #248
    Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 20,999
    Rep Power: 161430
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Universal Rep is offline
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    My FAVorite right now because of quality, taste and price is Torrent by Universal. Damn.........just realized how ancient this thread is
    Yup. But as the new Green Apple Avanlanche has launched today, why not a powerful bump?
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal
    Reply With Quote

  9. #249
    Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 20,999
    Rep Power: 161430
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Universal Rep is offline
    Reply With Quote

  10. #250
    C6H13NO2 pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 89,811
    Rep Power: 82928
    pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    pu12en12g is offline
    Originally Posted by dannyautrey View Post
    9 pages..not gonna read it all..

    did anyone say Golden Finish yet?
    I go with Golden FinisH followed ASAP with 2OT, chicken and rice / chicken and pasta / tuna pasta / beef pasta.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #251
    Registered User xemtekx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 28
    Posts: 780
    Rep Power: 236
    xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xemtekx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    xemtekx is offline

    simple as this

    im currently cycling on and off creatine (im off it right now so my p/wo shake look something like this

    50 grams dextrose
    1.5 scoops of whey

    when im on creatine:

    40 grams dextrose
    1.5 scoops of whey
    1 scoop of cell mass

    I aslo drink a during workout shake which consists of two scoops of watermelon Xtend BCAAs

    works pretty well for me -.o
    Reply With Quote

  12. #252
    NATURAL PRO COZ999's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2006
    Posts: 3,112
    Rep Power: 2818
    COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    COZ999 is offline
    for a 200 lb+serious bodybuilder.....

    Preworkout: 2 scoops X-tend/ 2 scoops Cytogainer/1 Scoop Vitargo CGL/2 rice cakes

    29p/92c/2.5f

    During: 2 scoops X-tend (optional)

    Postworkout: 2 scoops Xtend/ 1 scoop Evopro (whey/casein blend-studies show best combo)/ 1 scoop Cell tech or 40 grams maltodextrin (if sugar isnt your thing) /1 scoop Vitargo CGL

    26/69/3

    You take that, gurantee you will be thanking me months from now. I research this **** all the time at my desk for work. Good ole' air force hard at work haha
    Reply With Quote

  13. #253
    NATURAL PRO COZ999's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2006
    Posts: 3,112
    Rep Power: 2818
    COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    COZ999 is offline
    One hour later..............eat whole meal

    Consisting of approx:

    60-70p/80-90c/ 10-20f

    THis is my current plan after my contest season. Coupled with a 4500+ calorie diet, I plan on being a beast Natural Competitor. God ole' Meso/ecto diet.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #254
    the Hsp70 of BB.com TheWaffleIron's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Michigan, United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 3,596
    Rep Power: 26362
    TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TheWaffleIron is offline
    Originally Posted by stri8ted View Post
    NO VEGETABLES, NO FRUIT, NO MILK, NO PEANUT BUTTER, NO FLAX and NO OPTIMUM - PRO COMPLEX in your post workout shake. All of these slow down absorbtion or have a low GI. What you need is:

    1. Whey (preferably Isolate or Hydrolyzed)

    2. Dextrose and/or maltodextrin

    3. Glutamine

    (optional)

    4. Creatine

    5. BCAA

    6. Vitamins and Minerals

    DONE

    -Stri8ted
    the broscience is strong
    Nutrition and Supp Science FAQ:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139153843&p=849049173&viewfull=1#post849049173
    Reply With Quote

  15. #255
    Registered User Sabre28's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Dana Point, California, United States
    Age: 39
    Posts: 47
    Rep Power: 0
    Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sabre28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sabre28 is offline
    I read several of the posts in this thread, and here is my take. I realize that many people have pointed out that sugars from fruit dont replace muscle glycogen and that simple carbs like dextrose are much better post workout. Most people advocate that whey + dextrose is the best post workout drink because it spikes your insulin and it rushes protein into your muscles.

    Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm into bodybuilding for the health benefits as much as I am for the looks. Im also in it for the long term, which is why I dont use any steroids or prohormones and never have. Im sure some people have used these products without any negative effects but I have deemed them not worth the risk.

    That being said, it is recommended that people eat at least five servings of fruit per day. Besides being full of natural sugars (something bodybuilders try to avoid) fruits are full of all sorts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other positive chemicals. To look good we have to avoid sugar throughout most of the day except perhaps before, during, and after physical activity.

    When the heck are you supposed to eat you fruits then? It seems like the only good time to eat fruits would be immediately before during or after a workout then... So is an all fruit smoothie mixed with whey protein really that bad post workout? Im getting all the nutrients from fruit, simple sugars from fruit, and protein from whey. Sure it may not be as good as dextrose + whey in the short run, but in the long run I think its way better for your health.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #256
    Registered User frank69688's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Posts: 582
    Rep Power: 224
    frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50) frank69688 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    frank69688 is offline
    Simple asnwer

    BioQuest Myozene
    Anator P70
    Reply With Quote

  17. #257
    Registered User Nick666's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 1,820
    Rep Power: 212
    Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nick666 is offline
    pfff.. don't waste you cash.. take 1g vit C + 1/2 scoop of whey + 3g creatine before your workout, and 1g vitC after with 1 scoop of whey + 1 scoop of gatorade.

    gatorade powder. cheap.
    vit C is effective at stabilizing cortisol, in particular during training. cheapest way out there to stabilize cortisol. + it's anti-oxidant.
    for your whey, optimum nutrition 100%.

    Add 5g BCAA before and 5g after if you train really hard.

    For someone natural more than that won't do jack squat.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #258
    Registered User john.sifferman's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Age: 34
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    john.sifferman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    john.sifferman is offline
    I just made this one today...

    1/2 cup of milk or water as a base
    1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 serving of vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flax meal
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    2 tbsp-1/4 cup rolled oats
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 cup of mixed berries
    1/2-1 cup of ice cubes

    Blend on medium-high for 1 minute, and serve.

    Note: Changing the fruit makes a completely different shake. Try kiwi, pineapple, apple, pear, apricot, peach, or cantaloupe for a different post workout shake. I would guess that this recipe is about 600-800 calories total depending on the exact quantities of each food.
    --
    John Sifferman
    Fitness Professional

    http://JohnSifferman.com/blog
    Reply With Quote

  19. #259
    Registered User Vinny.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Location: Texas City, Texas, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    Vinny.D. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Vinny.D. is offline

    Powder?

    Originally Posted by PC1 View Post
    The Ultimate, the BOMB......

    In a blender................

    1.... 8 oz glass of ice water (or apple juice, or grape juice, or whatever);
    1-2.... scoops of gatorade powdered drink mix;
    3-4..... tablespoons of raw honey;
    1..... peeled bananna;
    1..... peeled orange, preferably CA navel or clementine;
    1..... skinned and cored apple (I like Granny Smiths in this);
    1..... skinned and cored pear;
    2..... handfuls of seedless grapes (rinsed first);
    1..... skinned carrot;
    1-2.. tablespoons of flax seed oil;
    1-2..... scoop of your favorite Creatine Powder;
    However much whey or other protein powder you need for your requirements (vanilla or unflavored tastes best in this combo);

    Take this with your multi-vitamins post workout.

    You get your 5 fruits a day from this one meal. I also think you get better absorption of multi's when taken in conjunction with all this raw fruit, for all the same reasons you get better absorption of the vitamins WITHIN the fruit itself. I say this because when I used to just take a multivitamin with milk or whatever, 45 minutes later .... fluorescent urine. Not with this meal.

    You get energy like you never had. Your immune system will get a good kick in the rump. You will never feel better in your life, just 20 minutes after drinking it post work out.

    This or a variation thereof, has been my post work out meal every day for years now. My entire family may get sick with colds, and I may "catch" it very mildly for a day or 2, but I rarely EVER get sick at ALL any more. I used to get sick all the time.

    I attribute a lot of that to this one meal, every day.

    Enjoy.....

    Ps: I have a vita-mix that handles all this with no problem. This can be done in a regular blender, but you might want to grind the carrot up by itself first with the ice water/juice for a minute or two, then add the other fruit. Once that's pureed, add your protein/creatine at the end and run for an additional 5-10 seconds.

    Lastly, the consistency of this drink is fairly thick. Almost the consistency of an ice cream milk shake. Depending on the power of your blender, you might need to run it 2-3 minutes. However, don't run it any longer or it will turn the fruit bitter. Also, you will need to drink all of this right away, if you put it aside for even 30 minutes the fruit will again become bitter. And yes, it is very filling and satisfying!
    Sounds pretty good but I'm a bit new to the supp. world and am not sure what creatine powder to use. I use NANO Vapor for pre work out but im not sure what to use after. Whey is touchy for me cause for some reason it makes my system get all outta wack. Any thoughts on what to add. Thanks bro.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #260
    SDMF user94984100999's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Mississippi, United States
    Age: 54
    Posts: 8,736
    Rep Power: 13150
    user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    user94984100999 is offline
    Originally Posted by john.sifferman View Post
    I just made this one today...

    1/2 cup of milk or water as a base
    1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 serving of vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flax meal
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    2 tbsp-1/4 cup rolled oats
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 cup of mixed berries
    1/2-1 cup of ice cubes

    Blend on medium-high for 1 minute, and serve.

    Note: Changing the fruit makes a completely different shake. Try kiwi, pineapple, apple, pear, apricot, peach, or cantaloupe for a different post workout shake. I would guess that this recipe is about 600-800 calories total depending on the exact quantities of each food.
    sounds really good
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever
    "Forged in Iron...Built to Destroy"

    "To survive war......you've gotta become war"....John Rambo

    Visit my journal......http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121852841
    Reply With Quote

  21. #261
    SNS REP GeekPoop's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Posts: 490
    Rep Power: 374
    GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeekPoop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GeekPoop is offline
    Originally Posted by Mummer43 View Post
    I need a shake to drink after I work out. What are some good ones?
    Immedately after workout 20g of BCAA I like Xtend

    30mins after 2 scoops of a whey protein, I like All the Whey
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

    My opinion is strictly my opinion, it does not represent the view and opinion of SNS.

    Got a question? Feel free to PM or email me
    Zach [at] serious nutrition solutions [dot] com
    Reply With Quote

  22. #262
    Registered User FitnessFreak247's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Age: 37
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    FitnessFreak247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FitnessFreak247 is offline
    Originally Posted by Mummer43 View Post
    So what are some good shakes with protein and creatine that I can drink after my workouts?
    have your creatine as soon as you workout with some grape juice or gatorade and 20-30mins after that have a protein shake with simple carbs...i have rice crispies with my shake
    Reply With Quote

  23. #263
    Registered User FitnessFreak247's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Age: 37
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    FitnessFreak247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FitnessFreak247 is offline
    Originally Posted by john.sifferman View Post
    I just made this one today...

    1/2 cup of milk or water as a base
    1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 serving of vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flax meal
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    2 tbsp-1/4 cup rolled oats
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 cup of mixed berries
    1/2-1 cup of ice cubes

    Blend on medium-high for 1 minute, and serve.

    Note: Changing the fruit makes a completely different shake. Try kiwi, pineapple, apple, pear, apricot, peach, or cantaloupe for a different post workout shake. I would guess that this recipe is about 600-800 calories total depending on the exact quantities of each food.
    this is defantly not the way to go with a post workout shake...peanut butter?cottage cheese?milk?lol your better off having that before you go to sleep homie!!
    Reply With Quote

  24. #264
    Registered User oaks187's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Italy
    Age: 35
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    oaks187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oaks187 is offline
    I'm in week 3 of my new program and i'm 202lbs. How much protein and dextrose should i be looking at for my post workout shake? I'm currently doing 20g of protein and 50g of carbs (dextrose).

    20g whey / 50g dextrose / 5g glutamine / 5g creatine


    Originally Posted by stri8ted View Post
    NO VEGETABLES, NO FRUIT, NO MILK, NO PEANUT BUTTER, NO FLAX and NO OPTIMUM - PRO COMPLEX in your post workout shake. All of these slow down absorbtion or have a low GI. What you need is:

    1. Whey (preferably Isolate or Hydrolyzed)

    2. Dextrose and/or maltodextrin

    3. Glutamine

    (optional)

    4. Creatine

    5. BCAA

    6. Vitamins and Minerals

    DONE

    -Stri8ted
    Reply With Quote

  25. #265
    Registered User calfstretch's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Age: 31
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    calfstretch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    calfstretch is offline
    just to add alittle ideas to the mix..basically there have been alot of ideas thrown around and as mentioned several times everyone is different. I think the keys things to remember is this:

    1. Its all about goals. If your constantly training at a high intensity or engaging over 65% of your Vo2 then using a high GI CHO post workout may be needed. NOT EVERYONE NEEDS THIS. There is a large difference in the glycogen stores tapped into between a guy who just got done a 1 hour mat drill session or someone hitting a quick arm day. At 65% of Vo2 your about 50/50 with Fat to CHO as fuel source. Above = CHO primarly as you go higher. (Especially in trained indivduals). Remember you have about 2,000 calories of CHO stored in the body on a daily basis. About 1,200 of this is stored in the muscle, the rest is in the liver and small amount in the brain. It is important to realize what your goal/training is and how much of these stores you will be tapping into.
    2. As far as the mention of fatigue, it is good to look past CHO use and into Amino Acids. Basically, amino acids help slow free trypthophan from entering the brain. When your body is under stress from exercise it begins to use some of these amino acids as a fuel source. hense less AA able to block free tryp. It is known that tryp will release serontonin which can cause fatigue. So CHO may not be the reasoning behind some fatigue. May mean something to someone, others could care a less lol.

    Overall i just think its important to realize everyone has their own goals. I know schools across the nation that give different nutrition advice to their athletes. Its all about what that person believes and how they train their athletes. A guy after his golf match will not need to same recovery shake as a wrestler and so on and so on and visa this versa that. Stay focused on your goals.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #266
    Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 20,999
    Rep Power: 161430
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Universal Rep is offline
    Universal is about to launch a new Torrent version, this one geared specifically for dieting bodybuilders and without added carbs. More today. In the meantime, for the latest discussion: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124247141
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal
    Reply With Quote

  27. #267
    The Deadman mrdead's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Rainier, Washington, United States
    Posts: 14,372
    Rep Power: 128110
    mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mrdead is offline

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Universal is about to launch a new Torrent version, this one geared specifically for dieting bodybuilders and without added carbs. More today. In the meantime, for the latest discussion: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124247141
    Had a chance to vigorously sample this, at the Cage, at the Arnold... And, it truly does not disappoint!!!
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*
    Reply With Quote

  28. #268
    Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 20,999
    Rep Power: 161430
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Universal Rep is offline
    Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    Had a chance to vigorously sample this, at the Cage, at the Arnold... And, it truly does not disappoint!!!
    That's right. I heard it was informally Beta Tested in The Cage at the Arnold Classic. What was the feedback Mr. Dead?
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal
    Reply With Quote

  29. #269
    Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 20,999
    Rep Power: 161430
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Universal Rep is offline
    Supplement Facts info: http://www.universalnutrition.com/st...uct.cfm?id=394

    Should be available here at BB.com in the very near future.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal
    Reply With Quote

  30. #270
    STAY HARD sloop's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Ohio, United States
    Posts: 39,134
    Rep Power: 630187
    sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sloop is online now
    I'm a big fan of MHP Dark Matter, though I wish it had less calories. (240)
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts