McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Which Leg Press Machine

There's two leg press machines at my gym. One is the big one when your legs are at about 45 degrees. The other is a lot smaller and is completely vertical where your legs point straight up. I've been using the 45 degree one, but it's been hurting my lower back a lot when I bring my knees down close to my chest. Any ideas?
    The world is yours.

JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have you been locking out your knees? I have always been told NEVER to lock out your knees when you leg press. Also, how far are you bringing the weight down (towards you)???
    An athlete has to go through hell to get to heaven~Vince Lomardi

Current Weight: 225
    Chest: 47 inches
    Waist: 37 Inches
    Neck: 17 inches
    Arms: 16.5 inches

Goals:
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Waist:32 inches
    Chest: 48 inches
    Body Fat: 12%

McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lock out my knees and I bring down the weight until I start feeling pressure on my chest.
    The world is yours.

Dubs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should never lock out your knees!

It puts too much stress on your joints.

-Dubs-

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Which Leg Press Machine

Originally posted by McMahon
    There's two leg press machines at my gym. One is the big one when your legs are at about 45 degrees. The other is a lot smaller and is completely vertical where your legs point straight up. I've been using the 45 degree one, but it's been hurting my lower back a lot when I bring my knees down close to my chest. Any ideas?
    Yea, I kinda of got the same problem as you, (my lower back hurting). Anyways if it hurts your lower back what you could try doing is do leg press before squats, if you do do squats. (Doing squats sometimes makes my lower back start to hurt, so doing squats after leg press could make your lower back not hurt as much during leg presses) Also, I am not sure, but it seems to work for me, but try placing your feet low on the leg press machine. It helps by taking pressure off the glutes and hamstrings and puts more pressure onto the quads. (I do this, because when I do leg press I am doing it as part of my quad work out) I am not sure, but pretty sure, because this seems to also help me out, but also lowering my legs seems to take pressure of my lower back. So, I guess you could give that a try.

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Squats are where its at, but I'd go for the 45 degree leg press.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

tigerthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hammer leg press

So if I do squats, I shouldn't even have to do leg press?
    The world is yours.