njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

off season program

Background:

I kept a log leading up to my contest at another site (some might have seen it) and I found it very helpful in keeping me focused and accountable. So here it goes again..........Since you all will be watching and commenting (hopefully) this will keep me on track.........The show was about six weks ago and I took a much needed break but now finding it difficult to stay on track and be consistent. After finishing the last of my son's birthday cake last night ( 3 pieces) and the remaining ice cream dixie cups ( I beleive it was six but the sugar coma might have clouded my thinking) I said enough is enough.

One of the key lessons learned I took from my last contest was to be more dilligent in my off season training (ie-stay leaner) and I need to get back to that. I am going to use this forum as a little motivation tool to keep me in check and provide some updates and feedback on my off season.

I competed at 190 and the major goal for this off season is to increase lean body mass by about 5-6 lbs so I end up right at the top of the Light-heavyweight Class. I will get my bodyfat checked this week but right now I am figuring I am 210 and around 12% (LBM 184). My long term goal is to drop 4% over the next six months while adding the 6 lbs of muscle I need. 6 lbs of LBM might not sound like alot but keep in mind this is not just WEIGHT but Muscle and I am at a rather advanced training age Adding that mass is going to make a big differnce. I just turned 40 and have been training for over 20 years.

My short term goal over the next 10 weeks is to drop my bodyfat under 10% and preserve and add lean muscle
    The Plan-See Attachement

Next two weeks transistion period. Consistent Eating, good food choices etc.

End of August -4 week NHA stack of Activate and Rebound Reloaded

*** would have started it already but waiting for blood work from an insurance exam I took

Middle of September- 4 week lean cutting stack-Basic Cuts, Melting Point and Lean Extreme

Training

Right now I am training on a two on/1 off and dividing my body into three (chest/arms, back/shoulders, legs) I am going to continue that for the next couple weeks. During the NHA stack I am probably going to continue that type of program . Basic movements low volume high load. The 4 week cut will probably utilize a full body program like HST or some of Lyle McDonalds ideas

Nutrtion
    Never have been a big eater usually consume maintenance or even sub maintenance but this time going to make a conscious effort to eat more.

Sample Eating Plan during Transistion and NHA Clean Bulk

Meal 1-8 egg whites, serving of oatmeal, banana, handful of raisins, walnuts (I always look forward to breakfast

Meal 2-A protein shake to SUSTAIN myself until my next solid food meal

Meal 3- Chicken (or ground turkey) 2 cups of rice

Meal 4-Same as Meal 3

Preworkout- 1 serving of Xceed mixed with Essential Amino Acids

Post workout 75 grams of Starchy Maize, EAA, Creatine.

30 minutes later- whey isolate protein shake

Meal 5-Lean Meat, Fiborous Carb or Large Salad- (NO STARCHY CARBS)

Meal 6-A protein shake to SUSTAIN myself until morning or as a treat Natural Peanut Body and Low Sugar Jelly on an English Muffin.

I really didnt calculate what the total calories are but I will be monitoring my weight and getting my bodyfat taken weekly so I will adjust as needed

So that is the plan-NOW I JUST NEED TO EXECUTE!

p.s. didnt take pics yet but this one from the cruise I took in July (Royal Caribbean Sexy Legs winner woo hoo) is a good indication of my present condition (or lack there of )

Figured I might as well log last nights workout too (8/7)

WE WONT DISCUSS THE FOOD INTAKE!

Chest/Arms

Incline DB Press
    Work Sets- 3 sets of 6 @100.
    My goal is to work up to getting 10 reps for each set and than I will move up in weight.

DB Flyes 3 sets of 8 @ 50

Cable Crossovers
    2 sets of 15. Not sure why I did them. Rarely do Should have done Dips but it was not available at the time.

DB Curls
    3 sets of 8-10 @ 40

Machine Preacher Curls
    3 sets of 10-12 at 110

Rope Pushdowns
    3 sets of 12-15
    supersetted with Kickbacks

I normally would do close grips but my elbow is a little tweaked at the moment so trying to work around it

Today is Back and Shoulders-Going to DEADLIFT
    Attached Images

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

update

Well I am going to keep posting even if it is just to keep myself on track.
    8/8/2006 Back and Shoulders

Deadlifts 5 sets of 5 at 365.

Felt good to do them. It has been a long while since I have. I have been able to do 405 for 2-3 in the past so I have a ways to go and these will be a staple E/O back workout. I intend to increase the weight in small increments with a goal of 405 for 5.

Lat Pulldowns- 3 sets of 8-10 Focus on form. I am going to switch to pullups from this point on-working up to sets of 10-12 and than adding weight if need be. Nothing beats pullups for back width.

Shrugs. 5 sets of 10 at 225. Traps is a weak area for me so I am going to push these hards over the next six months with progressively heavier weights.

Standing Shoulder Press 4 sets of 6 at 145. Tried to focus on shoulder strength without using alot of leg drive...............Like them better than DBs since after 70's the challenge for me is not doing them but getting them into position

8-9-06

Smith Machine Squat. I usually use a free weight bar but the couple power racks were taken.

after a warmup 4 sets of 8 at 315. Rock solid and ATG My focus now is really definition and quality size so I am going lower in weight and just keeping perfect form.

Hack Squats- 3 sets of 15 with 3 plates each side. Keep my feet close together and focus on constant tension and not locking out at the top. I have gone up to 4 plates in the past but my knees start to hurt. I am going to be alternating Machine Hacks and Barbell Hacks. (Did them last week and I was sore for days)

Also did a few sets of extensions at the end. Hamstring curls, Calves etc

Just feeling good to get back to lifting heavy and basic movements.

8-10-06

Off day-went to a minor league baseball game at eat lots of pretzels and hotdogs-THAT WAS FUN!