Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billz015 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

good MMAer = good street fighter?

I've been sorta debating this in my head and wanted some other opinions.

In MMA there's rules and restrictions that prevent you from doing a lot of things, but in a straight street fight there are no rules.

We have to assume that MMAers will know more techniques than those they use when they fight as part of their career, but when they get jumped or just find themselves in a bar brawl they probably go all out. (I doubt the majority of them do this or ever get in street fights because people that know how to fight usually don't.)

And I'm also wondering, would the opposite be true? A good street fighter = a good MMA fighter.

There's seems to be a lot of people who assume that because a person is a good street fighter they would wreck people. Does a person need training martial arts to be a good MMA fighter? (I do believe so, I'm just putting things out there)
    Mr. Cameraman, get your ass back up here. Hell-oooo, I'm talkin' to you. Get that camera back up here. That's what you should worry about Anvil. The bottom line is this, when the DDT comes, then the snake comes out. Worry about the DDT. DDT! DDT! DDT! DDT! DDT! DDT! THINK ABOUT IT!

justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by billz015
    I've been sorta debating this in my head and wanted some other opinions.

In MMA there's rules and restrictions that prevent you from doing a lot of things, but in a straight street fight there are no rules.

We have to assume that MMAers will know more techniques than those they use when they fight as part of their career, but when they get jumped or just find themselves in a bar brawl they probably go all out. (I doubt the majority of them do this or ever get in street fights because people that know how to fight usually don't.)

And I'm also wondering, would the opposite be true? A good street fighter = a good MMA fighter.

There's seems to be a lot of people who assume that because a person is a good street fighter they would wreck people. Does a person need training martial arts to be a good MMA fighter? (I do believe so, I'm just putting things out there)
    I feel as though if your a good fighter your a good fighter, your gonna have the advantage over everyone else at your skill level due to your experience. The same goes for the otherway around, if your an MMA fighter and you get into a street brawl your gonna have the advantage due to your experience...

Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good MT = good fighting

MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well a trained mma fighter is obviously gonna beat the **** out of your average homie off the street but dont forget the threat of weapons, multiple opponents, dirty techniques... all are things that mma fighters dont train for. For street fighting stick to street fighting martial arts such as systema, krav maga, military martial arts etc.. sports are sports and the street is the street.. never forget that

here is a video from a street fighting martial art that i used to train in before i started in mma, its called systema and its all about survival in a street confrontation when weapons and multiple attackers are involved. this is what the training looks like and an mma fighter would not be prepared to deal with things like two guys with knives coming at you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQDuCRMGJ3Y

LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LionofJud@h has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I currently train in systema somewhat, and its my favorite martial art I've ever done because its so practical and applicable.
    "The machine isn't that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it," said Atlus spokeswoman Ayano Sakiyama, calling the recall of the arm spirit arcade machine "a precaution."

fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000) fred2367 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MilitaryMan
    well a trained mma fighter is obviously gonna beat the **** out of your average homie off the street but dont forget the threat of weapons, multiple opponents, dirty techniques... all are things that mma fighters dont train for. For street fighting stick to street fighting martial arts such as systema, krav maga, military martial arts etc.. sports are sports and the street is the street.. never forget that
    My thoughts exactly.

Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

here is a video from a street fighting martial art that i used to train in before i started in mma, its called systema and its all about survival in a street confrontation when weapons and multiple attackers are involved. this is what the training looks like and an mma fighter would not be prepared to deal with things like two guys with knives coming at you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQDuCRMGJ3Y
    im not really impressed...id take a muay thai/bjj combo over that any day. id incorporate some of his wild spins perhaps.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes any MMA will destroy any regular street fighter..even boxer.

altho there are variables and some MMA people might not be as good on the street or a crappy MMAer may be a heck of a street fighter...it has to do with the individual.
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MilitaryMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Seraphil
    im not really impressed...id take a muay thai/bjj combo over that any day. id incorporate some of his wild spins perhaps.
    Make no mistake mt/bjj kick ass. I love those martial arts and spend a ****load of my time practicing them... but that is because i want to fight in mma competitions. In a street fight, those martial arts are not as effective as something like systema. Trust me, ive trained in both martial arts.

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Make no mistake mt/bjj kick ass. I love those martial arts and spend a ****load of my time practicing them... but that is because i want to fight in mma competitions. In a street fight, those martial arts are not as effective as something like systema. Trust me, ive trained in both martial arts.

A MT elbow to the throat will end a fight as quick as anything.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263

Originally Posted by BringtheNoise
    A MT elbow to the throat will end a fight as quick as anything.
    of course, but how you gonna do that when he has a knife and a friend backing him? MT/mma fighters dont know how to move to evade knife attacks or attacks from multiple people. The video I posted.. thats how you do it, and you dont learn that stuff in muay thai. Plus, a systema figther is much more profficient in throat strikes or other dirty tactics than an mma/ mt fighter. After all, they spend more time training it. In mt all we do is hit bags, mits, and spar. Throat, groin, eye, spine strikes are not allowed... in systema training anything goes... its much more brutal and dangerous training
    Last edited by MilitaryMan; 08-07-2006 at 09:05 PM.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Slated
    Good MT = good fighting
    Not necessarily. Ever try to throw a kick with street shoes or boots? Doesn't work well. Ever try throwing a punch in a dress shirt? I'd also not rely on the clinch because you set yourself up for a knee to the groin or getting bit if you're against somebody desparate enough.

Much of what I've learned that'd help in MMA I'd never try in a real world confrontation. MMA is a sport where you wear clothing that allows for maximum mobility, as well as clearly laid out rules that state what you are allowed and not allowed to do. I think it was Sun Tzu who said that amateurs are more dangerous than proifessionals because you know what the pro is going to do but the amateur is unpredictable.

Street fighting are like apples and oranges. It's like comparing ice hockey to street hockey where you use a tennis ball and running shoes.

AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i don't understand why people say that a street fighter will use "so and so weapons" and that because of this they could take on an mma fighter. if the "street fighter" could use a bottle or whatnot, so could the mma'er, the only difference is that the mma'er knows how to fight.
    "All that is not eternal is eternally useless." C.S. Lewis

3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A good NBA player is probably pretty good in pickup games at the park

Originally Posted by smokeater
    Not necessarily. Ever try to throw a kick with street shoes or boots? Doesn't work well. Ever try throwing a punch in a dress shirt? I'd also not rely on the clinch because you set yourself up for a knee to the groin or getting bit if you're against somebody desparate enough.

Much of what I've learned that'd help in MMA I'd never try in a real world confrontation. MMA is a sport where you wear clothing that allows for maximum mobility, as well as clearly laid out rules that state what you are allowed and not allowed to do. I think it was Sun Tzu who said that amateurs are more dangerous than proifessionals because you know what the pro is going to do but the amateur is unpredictable.

Street fighting are like apples and oranges. It's like comparing ice hockey to street hockey where you use a tennis ball and running shoes.
    exactly.. a bjj guy gonna pull guard in a street fight, ill pick him up and slam him on the nearest curb. If he clinches me and goes for a takedown, ill rip his eye out so bad that it would make chuck look nice. Just like lots of boxing/wrestling/bjj/judo etc..stuff doesnt work in mma, lots of mma stuff wont work on the street because of no rules, weapons, potential for more people to interfere, clothes, no gloves, the ******t etc...

Originally Posted by AaronC
    i don't understand why people say that a street fighter will use "so and so weapons" and that because of this they could take on an mma fighter. if the "street fighter" could use a bottle or whatnot, so could the mma'er, the only difference is that the mma'er knows how to fight in a ring.
    corrected

2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    exactly.. a bjj guy gonna pull guard in a street fight, ill pick him up and slam him on the nearest curb. If he clinches me and goes for a takedown, ill rip his eye out so bad that it would make chuck look nice. Just like lots of boxing/wrestling/bjj/judo etc..stuff doesnt work in mma, lots of mma stuff wont work on the street because of no rules, weapons, potential for more people to interfere, clothes, no gloves, the ******t etc...
    anyone who has stepped inside a UFC octagon would rip you apart without breaking a sweat, please stop pretending like it would happen otherwise.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 2kool4skool
    anyone who has stepped inside a UFC octagon would rip you apart without breaking a sweat, please stop pretending like it would happen otherwise.
    LOL agreed.

Many of these people are into martial arts in general and a lifestyle..not just for sport man. If I were to pick a knife defense, brutal art I would pick one from the phillipines..no contest. Kun Tao all the way. My instructor teaches it and he is nasty as hell, plus it mixes well with grappling an dit is a clinch range typa thing...you can adapt its dirty tricks right into other arts...

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I would put money on a BJJ guy, if he knows BJJ and you are about to slam him he should simply standup and then proceed to break your arms or choke you unconcious
    Do or Die

delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ofcourse an mma fighter would make a great street fighter. what really matters most is being able to relax in those situations and doing what you think is best in those cicumstances. the more you expericnes unexpected events the more you become accustomed to improvising at those times. a good way to become a better fighter would be to train in some sort of street fight environment.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

http://www.jackherer.com/ Prove Jack Herer wrong and get $100,000.

AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The truth is it's all about real-life fighting experiences whether it be in the ring or out in the streets. If you're taking any martial art or MMA classes, you MUST get to a level where you have to fight all out in dozens if not hundreds of times. if your martial arts or MMA training is only about forms or punching/kicking bags and pads with no full-on 1on1 sparring ring experience, a street punk who fights regulary, but with no formal martial arts training will ALWAYS kick the martial arts fighter who has no ring/fighting experience.

you can be the best bag puncher/kicker, shadowboxer, forms instructor etc, but w/o real fights in the ring, you're going to get torn into pieces by a punk who has street fighting experiences. And unfortunately, it's so hard to find a gym that will actually let you go all out in the ring with a headgear, mouth piece, gloves, cups, and leg padding. I kid you not, "fighting" whether in the ring or out in the streets is totally different than having even 20 years teaching perfect form on the ground, punching/kicking bags or shadowboxing/fighting.

After i mastered all the kicks, punches, and throws, i thought i was the **** until i got in the ring and got torn up by even small guys for many, many months before i was even half-way decent. in a real fight, you're fighting a 3-dimensional object who can move in any direction, hits back, hurts you, and every move you make should be a "calculated" move for the next one. try to get as much ring experience as you can after you have mastered the basic fighting moves whether it be punching, kicking, elbowing, kneeing, grappling, etc.

And that's the truth.

Originally Posted by AmericanHunk
    The truth is it's all about real-life fighting experiences whether it be in the ring or out in the streets. If you're taking any martial art or MMA classes, you MUST get to a level where you have to fight all out in dozens if not hundreds of times. if your martial arts or MMA training is only about forms or punching/kicking bags and pads with no full-on 1on1 sparring ring experience, a street punk who fights regulary, but with no formal martial arts training will ALWAYS kick the martial arts fighter who has no ring/fighting experience.

you can be the best bag puncher/kicker, shadowboxer, forms instructor etc, but w/o real fights in the ring, you're going to get torn into pieces by a punk who has street fighting experiences. And unfortunately, it's so hard to find a gym that will actually let you go all out in the ring with a headgear, mouth piece, gloves, cups, and leg padding. I kid you not, "fighting" whether in the ring or out in the streets is totally different than having even 20 years teaching perfect form on the ground, punching/kicking bags or shadowboxing/fighting.

After i mastered all the kicks, punches, and throws, i thought i was the **** until i got in the ring and got torn up by even small guys for many, many months before i was even half-way decent. in a real fight, you're fighting a 3-dimensional object who can move in any direction, hits back, hurts you, and every move you make should be a "calculated" move for the next one. try to get as much ring experience as you can after you have mastered the basic fighting moves whether it be punching, kicking, elbowing, kneeing, grappling, etc.

And that's the truth.
    You do not have to spar all out or even 80% to develop the timing and skill neccesary to be a great fighter. Going all out with no skill..is just gonna retard your timing ability when you swing away with no timing and like ****. You have to control spar, working technique and get good with timing and defenses to be able to do much in a full on sparring situation and most people with 6 months of good training will normally eb able to take on a regular street guy. Maybe not the king of the streets...but a normal thug-****head. and what you ay YOU MUST do this a number of times or ALWAYS wins...come on man. Some people take to MMA, MA very quickly. YOu have to be able to see openings and have that moment where you see, feel what to do..that sweet spot when you know instantly how to throw a shot or counter...skill development. You have to UNDERSTAND mentally what you are doing.

with that said SOME PEOPLE need a dose of reality, some people need what you experienced..but not all. Everyone learns differently and it may have gotton you past a mental block in your understanding of fights, motion, timing, mental awareness...ability.

AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanHunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated
    You do not have to spar all out or even 80% to develop the timing and skill neccesary to be a great fighter. .
    i totally disagree here. you're kidding yourself if you don't think full out sparring>90% for a long period of time is needed to become a decent to good fighter. don't even kid yourself and find out the hard way fighting a hardened street punk because you got great form, can punch/kick the bag perfectly, and studied your particular martial arts for many years. it's all garbage w/o real fighting experience whether in the streets or in the ring.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    and an mma fighter would not be prepared to deal with things like two guys with knives coming at you.

[[/url]
    LOL, I'm sure you could steven segal them to death with ease though... give me a break.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm so sick of the misconceptions and assumptions made by people that have no idea what they are talking about. Street fighters do not compare to mma fighters at all. You can be the best street fighter and you will still get owned by the worst mma fighter. Street fighters have no idea what they are doing, and beat up other people that have no idea what they are doing...and think that makes them good. Watching 2 untrained people fight is just pathetic, especialy when you watch the one that wins make tons of beginner mistakes and then come out on top thinking he's a hardass when in reality he's just the least ****y of the two people.

You guys are right though...99% of all fights involve multiple armed opponents attacking one lone mma fighter so it's better to just learn one of those practical arts that will allow you to disarm and encapacitate them all at the same time...just like in the moves! *rolls eyes*

Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    Yeah I would put money on a BJJ guy, if he knows BJJ and you are about to slam him he should simply standup and then proceed to break your arms or choke you unconcious
    i dont know if you read my other posts, but i am also a bjj guy. I've been doing it for 18 months and i love it. Just saying that if I fought another mma guy like me in the street, I would not fight clean. Instead I would fight using techinques that I learned in systema, so that the fight is over as soon as possible.

I dont know why i am even arguing with you guys. Unless you have done both mma and a street fighting martial art and then been to a real street fight with both weapons and ****load of people fighting all over the place, you cant talk about this.

**crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) **crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) **crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) **crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) **crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) **crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) **crackwhore** has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    there's only one way to find out...

Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    LOL, I'm sure you could steven segal them to death with ease though... give me a break.
    maybe not with ease, but i bet id deal with em much better than a pure mma guy. Systema is all about survival in these type of situations, we do this stuff in training all the time. anyway, you are one of these bjj guys who thinks its the best martial art in the world, i wont change your mind on this subject. just be careful when you try to use bjj on the street, a desperate guy whos about to be rear naked chocked will not hesistate to bite a chunk of your arm off

maybe not with ease, but i bet id deal with em much better than a pure mma guy. Systema is all about survival in these type of situations, we do this stuff in training all the time. anyway, you are one of these bjj guys who thinks its the best martial art in the world, i wont change your mind on this subject. just be careful when you try to use bjj on the street, a desperate guy whos about to be rear naked chocked will not hesistate to bite a chunk of your arm off
    Who says I'm looking to choke anyone out? I prefer to take someone down and sit on top of them and smash their face until I feel like stopping. I'm more of a wreslter than a bjj guy, and unless I really intend on breaking someones bones I'm not going to go for a sub in a street fight I'd much rather just bash someones face to a bloody mess. Besides if your doing a rear naked choke correctly he shouldn't be able to get his mouth on you anyway. If he does...**** him I'll bite a chunk out of his shoulder while clawing his eyes out.

If I run into a situation where there are several people with knives you're right I'm not gonna use my mma skills...I'm gonna use my cross country track.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-08-2006 at 07:11 AM.

I just don't understand the scenarios people bring up. What are you doing that you would put yourself in a situation where you have no friends around and are totaly alone, and have pissed off a group of people enough to make them pull out weapons and attack you? If someone wants to fight you that's when you use mma, if someone wants to pull knives and guns that's when you and your buddies pull your knives and guns...or you run. Were talking about whether or not mma is practical in a street fight, and I don't consider most of these scenarios fights.