Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by One2Envy
    JFYI,
    I have been in martial arts for 18 years,Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Hoi Joon Moo Sool and I took boxing classes when I was alot younger. unlike the majority of you who are barely legal. That said I have had my share of brawls over the years. So I am saying from experience, If you morons are arguing over this dumbass thread its obvious none of you have been in a REAL street fight. All the training in the world won't mean **** when you get ko'd by some dip**** off the street.
    Then and only then will you see my point. Hell TANK ABBOTT ran over half of what the UFC had to offer in his day. Its obvoious you guys have never been in a real fight!

And this is coming from an experienced MMA fighter........
    No ****? Did you even bother to read the thread? OF COURSE anyone has a punchers chance in a fight, i don't believe thats the argument here. The argument is that training in the MMA will give you better odds of winning a fight.

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    JFYI,
    I have been in martial arts for 18 years,Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Hoi Joon Moo Sool and I took boxing classes when I was alot younger. unlike the majority of you who are barely legal. That said I have had my share of brawls over the years. So I am saying from experience, If you morons are arguing over this dumbass thread its obvious none of you have been in a REAL street fight. All the training in the world won't mean **** when you get ko'd by some dip**** off the street.
    Then and only then will you see my point. Hell TANK ABBOTT ran over half of what the UFC had to offer in his day. Its obvoious you guys have never been in a real fight!

That is because half the people he KO'ed were one-dimensional fighters who had bogus belts in TMA's that weren't really applicable in a real fight. You see how well he's done lately against people with T-E-C-H-N-I-Q-U-E , right? To say technique doesn't win fights, and to then bring up Tank Abbott is assinine, as just about anyone with any kind of ground technique beats, and has beaten and submitted him easily.
    Last edited by HulkHagen; 08-16-2006 at 03:47 PM.

JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I cant beleive this is even an argument. We actually have people saying that TRAINED FIGHTERS have no advantage over some punk on the street. That automatically your FIGHT TRAINING goes out the window once you get in a FIGHT. Huh?

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JJJJ4
    I cant beleive this is even an argument. We actually have people saying that TRAINED FIGHTERS have no advantage over some punk on the street. That automatically your FIGHT TRAINING goes out the window once you get in a FIGHT. Huh?
    Get with the program kid. In ALL street fights, the other guy always has 10 boys with him , all of which are equipped with brass knuckles and bats. Immediately upon enganging with said opponent, you will be put into shock with mutiple bights,groin shots, and pressure point attacks, to which we all know MMA is useless to defending against. If you are lucky enough to get out the fight without getting shot, consider that to be your luckiest day ever.

Thats how real fights work, if that hasnt happened to you, then I can tell you have never been in a real fight, noob.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Get with the program kid. In ALL street fights, the other guy always has 10 boys with him , all of which are equipped with brass knuckles and bats. Immediately upon enganging with said opponent, you will be put into shock with mutiple bights,groin shots, and pressure point attacks, to which we all know MMA is useless to defending against. If you are lucky enough to get out the fight without getting shot, consider that to be your luckiest day ever.

Thats how real fights work, if that hasnt happened to you, then I can tell you have never been in a real fight, noob.
    Yup... this man knows his stuff. Also, the shock that a trained MMA fighter feels when someone tries to groin shot him, bite, eye gouge, etc, will negate any skill advantage he has in terms of technique, no matter how big the difference, because fighters don't do that stuff in the ring.

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    Yup... this man knows his stuff. Also, the shock that a trained MMA fighter feels when someone tries to groin shot him, bite, eye gouge, etc, will negate any skill advantage he has in terms of technique, no matter how big the difference, because fighters don't do that stuff in the ring.
    Also the shock of not knowing what do with no ring/cage around you, or no MMA gloves and wraps, leaves even the most elite MMA fighter clueless on the street. A trained MMA fighter on the street is like a Polar Bear in the desert, totally out of his enviroment ...or = Pwned by even a noob street fighter.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100)
    abbott is crazy kinda like fulton
    Fedor: " I will fight your champion Tim Sylvia for 800k."
    Dana: " I will give you 10k to show and 10k to win."
    Fedor: " No thank you sir."
    Dana: " Do you wanna be a ****in fighter or not."

2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Also the shock of not knowing what do with no ring/cage around you, or no MMA gloves and wraps, leaves even the most elite MMA fighter clueless on the street. A trained MMA fighter on the street is like a Polar Bear in the desert, totally out of his enviroment ...or = Pwned by even a noob street fighter.

So a noob street fighter would beat UFC fighters...that's honestly what you are saying. That the difference in environment would make up for the superior technique, ability, and experience of the trained MMA fighter?

So how long do I have to street fight before I "Pwn" Matt Hughes....you have me pretty interested.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 2kool4skool
    So a noob street fighter would beat UFC fighters...that's honestly what you are saying. That the difference in environment would make up for the superior technique, ability, and experience of the trained MMA fighter?
    Yes, how can you even argue against that, noobs.

TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL this thread got funny. People need to learn to read the whole ****ing post before quoting people and making fools of themselves

tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100) tl_D is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AmericanHunk
    me too. the girls just luv it when i do that to them.
    why is this guy banned? ah-ha
    Fedor: " I will fight your champion Tim Sylvia for 800k."
    Dana: " I will give you 10k to show and 10k to win."
    Fedor: " No thank you sir."
    Dana: " Do you wanna be a ****in fighter or not."

Wow Strong Lack Of Detection Of Sarcasm

JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Angry

I have been owned by Jagerboys sarcasm.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    That is because half the people he KO'ed were one-dimensional fighters who had bogus belts in TMA's that weren't really applicable in a real fight. You see how well he's done lately against people with T-E-C-H-N-I-Q-U-E , right? To say technique doesn't win fights, and to then bring up Tank Abbott is assinine, as just about anyone with any kind of ground technique beats, and has beaten and submitted him easily.
    Agreed.

lol at bringing tank into this to support that you don't need technique. Tank should be used as an example on OUR side of the argument. Yeah the guy did well in the early ufc when everyone was a fuking joke and had no idea how to fight and he was twice the size of most of them. Now tank is the joke...he embarasses himself by trying to stay in mma. Anyone see him fight mir? perfect example of brawler vs technitian. Tank comes in swinging for the fences, and gets submitted in less than 2 minutes..closer to 1.

2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000) 2kool4skool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, how can you even argue against that, noobs.

My apologies. I only read the last few post on the thread as I did not feel like sorting through all of the nonsense. I see that you were in fact being sarcastic now, but it was hard to pick up without reading any of the other post. Believe it or not, there are people out there who believe what you sarcastically posted. I became suspicious you were being sarcastic though when I saw your post about how you were/are going to train Muay Thai.

Once again, my mistake.

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JFYI,

Tank abbott has a losing record you friggin douchebag. How could you miss the instances of him gassing hard/getting subbed/getting outstruck by better strikers?
    I love the logic of "All the training in the world matter when you face 6 guys/get stabbed/get shot/have a tactical nuke land on you" Anyone is susceptible to a gun, knife, or multiple opponents, even these superhuman streetfighters you people talk about. Most street fights are pathetic and involve drunken losers flailing about and ganging up on one another.
    Last edited by Kozma; 08-16-2006 at 08:01 PM.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Beware the ARMPIT PUNCH!
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.