Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    You really don't know what you're talking about. You don't understand what a shot is, you will be on the ground before you ever get a chance to blow to the head or back of the neck unless you sprawl first. And strikes to the back of the head don't do **** trust me that's like the hardest part of your body.

I have only done a lil muay thai but the very first thing the instructor did was stick a tennisball between my chin and chest and made me hold it there while he threw strikes and I had to block them. In muay thai your chin is down the entire time, it's impossible to get to the throat. Grab their leg and throw them down?? It's that easy huh?

If a bjj fighter took you down and had you in "some random submission" you would be extremely ****ed and your bones would be broken before you ever managed to stab him. That is just a stupid ass statement...think about it if you were going to use your knife you would have to already have it out before you got taken down, in which case there probably wouldn't be any grappling to begin with the guy would just back off. If you think your going to get taken down, be on the ground with a good bjj guy and get your knife out and stab him you're dumber than I thought. Yeah this guys specialty is ground fighting and submissions, but I'm sure you can fend him off with one hand, while your other is digging in your pocket for your knife that you can of course easily get to while your laying on the ground with a grappler on top of you. Give me a break. I get submitted in less than 10 sec against some of these guys, but I'm sure you could last longer using one arm...

Seriously you are so ignorant it's rediculous.
    Who keeps their knife in their pocket? Mines personally clipped to my jeans with a backup in my pocket.

You overestimate the skills of trained fighters, they can get hurt just as bad as anyone else. Especially if the other person is stronger than them. Then no matter how good your BJJ or wrestling technique is, your screwed.

Now you will probably say "no technique > strength", a 5'8" 130 pound BJJ blue belt has little chance against a 6'3" 250 Lb non trained fighter.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GymClassHero90
    Who keeps their knife in their pocket? Mines personally clipped to my jeans with a backup in my pocket.

You overestimate the skills of trained fighters, they can get hurt just as bad as anyone else. Especially if the other person is stronger than them. Then no matter how good your BJJ or wrestling technique is, your screwed.

Now you will probably say "no technique > strength", a 5'8" 130 pound BJJ blue belt has little chance against a 6'3" 250 Lb non trained fighter.
    Every time you post you further prove your ignorance. Shut the fuk up.

Wonderful example...that proves so much let's forget all about training and just hope that you are 7inchs taller and 120lb heavier than every person you fight.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-14-2006 at 11:21 AM.

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MilitaryMan
    of course, but how you gonna do that when he has a knife and a friend backing him? MT/mma fighters dont know how to move to evade knife attacks or attacks from multiple people. The video I posted.. thats how you do it, and you dont learn that stuff in muay thai. Plus, a systema figther is much more profficient in throat strikes or other dirty tactics than an mma/ mt fighter. After all, they spend more time training it. In mt all we do is hit bags, mits, and spar. Throat, groin, eye, spine strikes are not allowed... in systema training anything goes... its much more brutal and dangerous training
    *awkward silence*

ummm oooookayy

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's funny, the above quote said that muay thai doesn't teach spine strikes but my 2nd day I learned a kickcounter that ended in a spine strike.

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You're 15 years old, so I know that you know more about anything than anyone else, like every other 15 year old.

However as for every post you have made in this thread you have been completely wrong, and also your thoughts are ridiculous. At times I think it hurts for you to think.

Please never post in a MMA thread again. I feel embarrassed for you.

Your posts and thoughts are just a train wreck.

massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    first thing that came to mind:
    bas rutten's street fighting instructional vid
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=P8mBe0_Ha78
    bas rutten is the man lol

btw bas rutten won the king of pancrase 3x, ufc championship belt and is famous pridefc commentator in japan
    he also holds an impressive mma record
    Last edited by massofgas; 08-14-2006 at 03:14 PM.

TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by massofgas
    btw bas rutten won the king of pancrase 3x, ufc championship belt and is famous pridefc commentator in japan
    Did you really just insult my intelligence? Yeah you did. Christ even TUF newbies know who bas is. Then again most likely because they saw him on Pride replays on FSN

TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by massofgas
    Did you really just insult my intelligence? Yeah you did. Christ even TUF newbies know who bas is. Then again most likely because they saw him on Pride replays on FSN

massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheBlueDevil
    my bad first time in mma section i thought id just add there in case anybody was gonna insult bas cuz he comes off goofy in this vid

edit: might i add i put that vid there as comic relief because people r so tense in this thread
    Last edited by massofgas; 08-14-2006 at 04:06 PM.

GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mma fanboys are the worst

Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    15 y/o e-thug know-it-alls are nancy boys

Yeah seriously you have no clue. mma haters are so much worse than mma fanboys because at least were right and can back up our argument with facts relevant to the actual fighting, while you guys sit there like "in a streetfight everyones going to bite and stab you and claw your eyes out! and if that doesn't work they will just be 6in taller and 120lb heavier than you! and if that doesn't work they will have 8 of their boys there ready to jump you with bats and you won't be able to do anything because you will be out all by yourself picking fights with gangs and won't have any friends to help you and you won't be smart enough to just avoid the confrontation!!"
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-14-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Yeah seriously you have no clue. mma haters are so much worse than mma fanboys because at least were right and can back up our argument with facts relevant to the actual fighting, while you guys sit there like "in a streetfight everyones going to bite and stab you and claw your eyes out! and if that doesn't work they will just be 6in taller and 120lb heavier than you! and if that doesn't work they will have 8 of their boys there ready to jump you with bats and you won't be able to do anything because you will be out all by yourself picking fights with gangs and won't have any friends to help you and you won't be smart enough to just avoid the confrontation!!"
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bjjwraslter7 again."
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Quit Bickering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Street fighters do not compare to mma fighters at all. You can be the best street fighter and you will still get owned by the worst mma fighter".

Ok you guys,

Enough with the bickering. And to whom ever said the above, You couldnt be more wrong.

The only thing a mma has over a street fighter is probably good technique. You say that an mma has more experience?
    How do you know that a street fighter isnt out getting into brawls day after day. That would be experience right?

Just remember one thing and one thing only:

"A street fighter always has punchers luck, never under estimate ANYONE".
    "Hit me once shame on you, hit me twice shame on me"! ~one2envy~

"To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities".
    ~Bruce Lee~

-Team Scivation

Originally Posted by One2Envy
    "
    The only thing a mma has over a street fighter is probably good technique. ".
    LMAO way to ruin your own argument.

One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) One2Envy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "LMAO way to ruin your own argument"

Perhaps that one went over your head. Let me slow it down for those of you who don't catch on to quickly.

T e c h n i q u e ! Doesnt win fights

There is no gaurantee you will win any fight no matter what you do or donot know. Although experience and a **** load of LUCK usually prevails.

~Bruce Lee~

-Team Scivation

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Perhaps that one went over your head. Let me slow it down for those of you who don't catch on to quickly.

There is no gaurantee you will win any fight no matter what you do or donot know. Although experience and a **** load of LUCK usually prevails.
    The thing you don't mention is that tecnique and experience usually go hand and hand, and one generally comes with the other. You can be an experienced fighter and still get your ass kicked 99.9% of the time if you still suck as a fighter. Luck usually prevails in a fight between two unskilled fighters who are swinging wildly for the fences, but if one person is swinging wildly against a trained, skilled fighter, luck is not going to be nearly as much of a factor.

Seriously... all of this stuff should be common sense, but apparently it isn't.

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Aye veh... let me add my insight.

I've friggen new to BJJ and MMA (only 4-5 months) and am a bouncer.

Lets get to the point:

your average joe is pathetic, he's throwing wild punches, lacking power he's gonna hurt himself more then anything.. if he has expierence it's against others who have no skill like himself. You see Joe isn't gonna bite you, or eye poke you because, those things require time to think, in a street fight Joe is going off of adrenaline.

I've had people swing on me with those loopy ass punches, only to get picked up and dumped with a takedown and pounded away upon. And it's basic... I've encountered this all the time, I know what it's like to get hit and how to avoid.

Don't tell me that BJJ is useless in a street fight, you may not be pulling gaurd but knowing how to do a takedown, win a clinch (or even know how to do it), or reverse there mount is all you need.

And for you morons who say "150 pound blue belt wont beat a 260 pound guy with no training", I may not have faced a guy that light when I started (more like 170-190) and I was getting tapped faster then I knew what hit me. And keep in mind, I've had my fair share of scraps due to my job.
    Last edited by DYnomyte001; 08-14-2006 at 10:37 PM.
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

wrstlrJIM
    LOL, I'm sure you could steven segal them to death with ease though... give me a break.
    haha hell yeah poke his eyes and break his fingers with your left hand while eating cereal

"

please leave this thread now...you are the most ignorant poster we've had yet.

I just don't even know what to say anymore. People are just so damn ignorant. Lets say for example someone cuts another person off, and two people are involved in road rage and they pull over to the side of the road on the grass to fight. One guy is trained in mma, the other has no training and is just a somewhat tough average joe.

Guy #1 knows to keep his chin down when he fights so that he doesn't get knocked out if he gets hit, he knows how to correctly throw and block punchs and kicks. He is also trained in grappling so if he feels he can't win the stand up battle or would just rather fight on the ground he can take it there, or if he wants to keep it standing he can sprawl,wizzer ect. to keep the guy from taking him down. If he does happen to slip and ends up on the ground he has good gaurd work and can protect from stirkes, sweep the other guy to his back, or get an armlock/chokehold or other submission from his back. On top of all that he also has above average endurance and strength.

The other guy has no trainging and is just angry and throwing as many wild punchs as he can. Not setting them up, telegraphing them, sticking his chin out in the air while he's swinging, not protecting his face from strikes as he swings, not protecting his legs against a takedown ect. If he goes to the ground he doesn't know the first thing about grappling, knows nothing about position/control/ground and pound/submissions ect.

Now you're telling me that the second guy has just as good a chance winning this fight as the first guy...becuase one of them will get lucky?

Edit- Also as part of this example the average joe is driving a rental car and his car holding his guns, knives, machettes, and baseball bats is in the shop. He also doesn't have his pocket knife because he broke the blade off in another poor mma fighter last week. His friends are also on vacation. So no he can't stab, shoot, gang assault or anything of that kind...just a 1 on 1 with no weapons...far fetched I know. (sarcasm)
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-15-2006 at 06:16 AM.

JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Oh lord this kid is 15? He keeps a knife clipped to his jeans and a BACKUP in his pocket? (just shat myself.) I hardly think that somebody cutting you in the lunchline warrants a gaping hole in the stomach via your Playskool pocket knife. On a more serious note, your stupid and a douchebag. Im still baffled by all these posts about knives, biting, groin stikes, and eye gouging. Who does this sh*t? If your at a party and some guy starts a fight with you for talking to his girlfreind do you honestly think that hes gonna knee you in the balls and pull out a knife to in front of the very girl hes trying to impress? Wait for it....posts about some skinhead covered in tattoos threatening you for no reason on the street. 1) If you get in that situation, theres a 99% chance you were acting like a complete a**hole and deserve to get some sense smacked into you. 2) Walk the hell away. Your not Bruce Lee. Stop being a tough guy...which is what probably got you into the situation in the first place. 3) One the off chance that you were not responsible for the situation and you are surrounded on all side by impenetrable walls and there is no way of using your BRAIN rather than your BALLS....FIGHT. Its a bad situation, something bad could happen to you. Of course mma training will help you. If you use your mma training you will either win or lose. If your like gym class hero, you will either be stabbed yourself, or you will spend between 10 years and the rest of your life and jail. Once there, your two knives will do you no good as your cellmate has you bent over and his penis inserted in your anus screaming "Im your DADDY." Repeat daily for 10-70 years and there you have the benefits of carrying two knives in your pockets "just in case" like our freind gymclass hero.

Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK, most MMA guys may have a disadvantage in not training to defend against weapons. However there conditioning would be a huge advantage over a punk that smokes and does a bunch of drugs. just my opinion.

mfdff10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is is all to funny

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Moesy
    OK, most MMA guys may have a disadvantage in not training to defend against weapons. However there conditioning would be a huge advantage over a punk that smokes and does a bunch of drugs. just my opinion.
    The average person on the street has even less of an idea of how to defend against weapons, being as they aren't trained in head movement and things like that, so how could it really be considered a disadvantage to be trained in MMA as far as weapons go?

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this thread is retarded. even someone trained in only one style, like boxing or wrestling only would have a huge advantage on the street.

Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

You could'nt be more wrong

Most street fighters are out of shape
    Have devoleped bad habits and just swing wildely

Now a MMA fighter

Should be in Great Shape
    Have a solid technic
    And last but not least full contact experience

Now you said anything can happen, well **** thats true. But were speaking on a adverage, i mean hell i could get in the ring with Bob sapp and I "COULD" knock him out. But the odds/probablity of that happening are close to nil.

You should rethink your logic, most people who make BOLD statements like that are insecure. They usually attempt to blind themselves thinking they could take anyone in a street fight as Luck has more to do with it then anything. Therefore giving themselves the benifit of the doubt that they are indeed badass and tough as nails. Possible tough enough to take on Pro fighters(at least in a street fight, where theres no rules) Cough Cough Cough
    Sorry i'm allergic to bull****, and i can smell yours from a mile away.

Please spare us your extremly flawed logic on fighting, and reframe from posting non-sense from this point out.

Thanks
    Dr liftalot

Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The idea of trainning is to devolpe skills that can inable you to defend yourself vs bigger and stronger oppenents. While its useful to have a gun on you at all times, or a knife for that matter. While weapons are useful they can also get you into alot of trouble with the law. Let me throw a for instance out there,

Your at a party a drunk guy push's you because he thought you called him a ***got(insert random insult) This unarmed drunken guy is your size and is obviously intoxicated out of your mind. You shove him back out of instinct and he reacts to punch you. A group of people have surrounded the fight and you can't flee.(nor do you want too)

What do you do

A.throw a punch back
    B.Pull a knife

Now if you chose B and stab him, your going to jail for assualt with a deadly weapon. If the sitiation dosnt marit deadly force, then your gonna go to jail.

PERIOD

Trainning is great for altercations were Guns/Knifes/Spears/Laser Rifles/Lava Sharks/Tanks aren't neccary.

Also as for your comment about size being the end all,

Look at Nog vs Bob sapp, or cro-cop vs Sapp hell BJ penn vs Ryoto Machando.

Skill can overcome size, but size does have a huge roll in fighting.

I think you should rethink your logic as well.

Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot
    The idea of trainning is to devolpe skills that can inable you to defend yourself vs bigger and stronger oppenents. While its useful to have a gun on you at all times, or a knife for that matter. While weapons are useful they can also get you into alot of trouble with the law. Let me throw a for instance out there,

Your at a party a drunk guy push's you because he thought you called him a ***got(insert random insult) This unarmed drunken guy is your size and is obviously intoxicated out of your mind. You shove him back out of instinct and he reacts to punch you. A group of people have surrounded the fight and you can't flee.(nor do you want too)

What do you do

A.throw a punch back
    B.Pull a knife

Now if you chose B and stab him, your going to jail for assualt with a deadly weapon. If the sitiation dosnt marit deadly force, then your gonna go to jail.

PERIOD

Trainning is great for altercations were Guns/Knifes/Spears/Laser Rifles/Lava Sharks/Tanks aren't neccary.

Also as for your comment about size being the end all,

Look at Nog vs Bob sapp, or cro-cop vs Sapp hell BJ penn vs Ryoto Machando.

Skill can overcome size, but size does have a huge roll in fighting.

I think you should rethink your logic as well.
    It's a pretty simple formula as far as skill goes in fights.

Skill usually > Size,

but Skill + Size usually > Skill, lol.

Talking Morons

JFYI,
    I have been in martial arts for 18 years,Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Hoi Joon Moo Sool and I took boxing classes when I was alot younger. unlike the majority of you who are barely legal. That said I have had my share of brawls over the years. So I am saying from experience, If you morons are arguing over this dumbass thread its obvious none of you have been in a REAL street fight. All the training in the world won't mean **** when you get ko'd by some dip**** off the street.
    Then and only then will you see my point. Hell TANK ABBOTT ran over half of what the UFC had to offer in his day. Its obvoious you guys have never been in a real fight!

And this is coming from an experienced MMA fighter........

~Bruce Lee~

-Team Scivation