Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    Ok tough guy, since you have fought so many people that have trained in wrestling or bjj and cannot stop your awesome take downs

No but i wrestled at St. Ed's in highschool and in the big ten and NO no one that has wrestled or trained BJJ has been able to stop be from taking them down at will. Typical people even with martial arts training can NOT sprawl to save their ****ing lives when someone is shooting at full speed.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by moodymikey
    I dont think being a good MMAer relates to being a good streetfighter that much. On the street the ground game is virtually useless you run the risk of being attacked by theo ther guys mates...so that cant be employed.

Its hard to throwa decent kick in shoes, so that technique cant be used well, neither can the knee strikes. So on the street you can only really use your fists or your elbows. This is where the slight advantage comes in, as the MMAer will know how to throw the better punches.

However, its also worth taking into account that the usual block/parry style of Muay Thai isnt useful on the street against bareknuckles. The only style that could be employed is the crazy monkey defence
    the ground game is useless? stupidest statement ever..

You go to the ground, reverse position..get up..or stop takedowns and beat the hell out of the guy lol I mean c'mon. I think the gracies know a lil more than u guy.
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moodymikey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah the Gracies know a lot more than me, but i wouldnt ever go to the ground against a guy who has his friends with him. Also if the ground is covered in broken glass, dirt etc you arent gonna want to take it to the ground. Takedown defence is useful in a street fight, but rolling around on the ground is the last thing you wanna do
    One Life, One Choice, Drug Free

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GymClassHero90
    A Sprawl isnt the only way besides a Knee to defend against a wrestler lunging in at you. Theres blows to the back of the neck, head, ect...

And when Fighting someone who knows muay thai, they are ignorant to any other fighting styles. Their kicks and knees/elbows only go so far when you hit them in the throat/ grab their leg and throw them down , ect..

Personally if a BJJ fighter took me down and had me in a random sub, if a hands free, they will have a few stab wounds from even thinking of trying to hurt me.
    You really don't know what you're talking about. You don't understand what a shot is, you will be on the ground before you ever get a chance to blow to the head or back of the neck unless you sprawl first. And strikes to the back of the head don't do **** trust me that's like the hardest part of your body.

I have only done a lil muay thai but the very first thing the instructor did was stick a tennisball between my chin and chest and made me hold it there while he threw strikes and I had to block them. In muay thai your chin is down the entire time, it's impossible to get to the throat. Grab their leg and throw them down?? It's that easy huh?

If a bjj fighter took you down and had you in "some random submission" you would be extremely ****ed and your bones would be broken before you ever managed to stab him. That is just a stupid ass statement...think about it if you were going to use your knife you would have to already have it out before you got taken down, in which case there probably wouldn't be any grappling to begin with the guy would just back off. If you think your going to get taken down, be on the ground with a good bjj guy and get your knife out and stab him you're dumber than I thought. Yeah this guys specialty is ground fighting and submissions, but I'm sure you can fend him off with one hand, while your other is digging in your pocket for your knife that you can of course easily get to while your laying on the ground with a grappler on top of you. Give me a break. I get submitted in less than 10 sec against some of these guys, but I'm sure you could last longer using one arm...

Seriously you are so ignorant it's rediculous.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-14-2006 at 05:37 AM.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by moodymikey
    Yeah the Gracies know a lot more than me, but i wouldnt ever go to the ground against a guy who has his friends with him. Also if the ground is covered in broken glass, dirt etc you arent gonna want to take it to the ground. Takedown defence is useful in a street fight, but rolling around on the ground is the last thing you wanna do
    I would deffinitly take it to the ground on broken glass dirt ect. I mean I'm going to be on top of the other guy and he's going to have both our weight pushing his back into that glass while I beat on him so what do I care? Does everyone assume taking it to the ground has to mean your on bottom or not in control? Against multiple opponents I might get a quick takedown if I could, hit him once or twice and pop back up, but I wouldn't stay on the ground long.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-14-2006 at 05:40 AM.

Originally Posted by TheBlueDevil
    No but i wrestled at St. Ed's in highschool and in the big ten and NO no one that has wrestled or trained BJJ has been able to stop be from taking them down at will. Typical people even with martial arts training can NOT sprawl to save their ****ing lives when someone is shooting at full speed.
    Not to mention even if they can sprawl, guess what so does everyone that we have ever competed against. Everyone in varsity wrestling competitions knows how to sprawl and defend takedowns, so even if somene has a little bit of training and manages to sprawl at the right time we've got a whole set of techniques to finish it anyway. Some of my best stuff is from being underneat someone elses sprawl because it's a position your in every single match.

mfdff10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u can totally be in control on the bottom... no problem.. but in a street fight... it is easy to get full mount on them... and pound away

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mfdff10
    u can totally be in control on the bottom... no problem.. but in a street fight... it is easy to get full mount on them... and pound away
    Why would it be any easier to get a mount in a street fight than in a sports setting?

Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    Why would it be any easier to get a mount in a street fight than in a sports setting?
    Are you joking? Maybe because 90% of the guys you fight on the street aren't even going to attempt to pull gaurd, and the ones that do are probably only doing it because they see it on tv and have no idea how to use it correctly or stop someone from passing?

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    Are you joking? Maybe because 90% of the guys you fight on the street aren't even going to attempt to pull gaurd, and the ones that do are probably only doing it because they see it on tv and have no idea how to use it correctly or stop someone from passing?
    Because the way he said it, I assumed he meant against the same person in both settings... so no I'm not joking.

Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    Because the way he said it, I assumed he meant against the same person in both settings... so no I'm not joking.
    I think he just meant that in a streetfight it is very unlikely that the other person will be trained in jiu jitsu, which would make it easy. Not that it would be easier to pass gaurd on the same guy in a streetfight than in sport.

exactly 90 % of people that are not trained.. are looken only for that one big swing ... head shots and thats it... knock em to the ground and start to pound.. they don't have any idea what is going on

exactly 90 % of people that are not trained.. are looken only for that one big swing ... head shots and thats it... knock em to the ground and start to pound.. they don't have any idea what is going on
    Yep most peoples first move is to throw a big swing at your head, which is prefectly for wrestlers because you just shoot right underneath their swing and grab their legs and because they are throwing their upperbody forwards and not protecting their legs. They set it up perfect for you and put themselves right over your shoulder. Then if you want you can pick them up off the ground on your shoulder, or just take them straight to the ground which is easy because they are so off balance from swinging and you are in such good position.

I was watching an instructional video of bjj the other day and I noticed that they call rushing into a clinch a "shot" which is where I think a lot of misconception comes from. That's not a shot that's just clinching, for a shot you should be going all the way to the ground (knee touching or almost touching the ground) and diving at their legs. Maybe they will cover that shot later, I've only watched the beginner chapter so far.

what video is it bro..? dunno if you know about it but www. bjj.org is a great website as well. lots of stuff on there. I have worked as a bouncer for almost 10 years now and seen it all.. it is funny how alot of people prepare themselves for a fight. then try'n to hit us.. i just find it all amusing.
    When shooting.. always watch for a knee.. i love when people try to shoot me either a knee is comen or if there sloppy you catch a good guiatine as well

what video is it bro..? dunno if you know about it but www. bjj.org is a great website as well. lots of stuff on there. I have worked as a bouncer for almost 10 years now and seen it all.. it is funny how alot of people prepare themselves for a fight. then try'n to hit us.. i just find it all amusing.
    When shooting.. always watch for a knee.. i love when people try to shoot me either a knee is comen or if there sloppy you catch a good guiatine as well
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...769554?ie=UTF8

Not saying it's a bad set, he shows some really good stuff and is really specific about technique. I'm just saying he calls it shooting when he rushs into a clinch which isn't what I consider a shot. Like I said I only watched the first volume so far so he probably shows a real shot in the intermediate or advanced dvds.

If your catching guys with knees they are probably telegraphing their shot or just have a ****y shot. Yeah if you see it coming a mile away you have a chance at catching them with a knee but you shouldn't know it's coming til it's too late. Besides, if you do throw a knee a lot of times you'll go down anyway. There is just as good a chance that you will screw it up and give him your leg as catching him with it.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-14-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow this thread pisses me off beyond belief...
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

yea if he runs into you after the knee the possiblity is there of going down.. but fall on your back so if he is still conscience u can pull him in your guard.

don't like it.. don't read it

Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Wow this thread pisses me off beyond belief...
    What parts specificaly piss you off? Just people's ignorance? Statements like "i could destroy an mma fighter I'd just hit him in the throat and in his preasure points"? Those are the ones that piss me off the most.

about pressure points.. u can learn to take alot of them...

about pressure points.. u can learn to take alot of them...
    It's irrelevant because it's too hard to pinpoint strikes like that on a moving target, or a target that is in on you so quick you're already tied up and being braught to the ground. Besides mma fighters take all kinds of strikes to every point on their body, if these preasure points were so effective and easy to hit don't you think we'd be seeing a lot more guys getting droped by them in mma fights?

Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr Liftalot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mjfan12
    Only pull guard if youre sure the street is clean/ what if theyre broken glass, or sharp rocks, or tacks or whatever?

and it is only useful one on one. its stupid to use it with multiple. while youre tied up, his buddies can kick your face in, thats all these street thugs do best anyways. plus weaponry.

its best to strike in the streets.

I did'nt say pull guard, i said, "should you fall to your back", aka you slip, you get pushed, your drunk you trip.

I'd never reccomend anyone pull guard in a street fight, inless its a super last option.

Please re-read before posting non-sense, dr liftalot does not advocate stupidity.

exactly... there so small and they have to be hit perfectly... the chances are slim... especially fighthing and experienced fighter

exactly... there so small and they have to be hit perfectly... the chances are slim... especially fighthing and experienced fighter
    Yeah I'd think youd just get yourself into more trouble trying to hit those tiny spots perfectly...while the other guy is trying to take your head off. I mean if it were that easy to pinpoint strike every fight would end in a first round knockout because everyone would connect on the chin everytime. In reality it's not that easy.

exactly... the only one i would shoot for is if someone was throwing hay makers... when you block you can hit the inside of the forarm.. the energy line that runs down will numb the arm and hand.

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wasn't even quoting you unless you are military man. But uh ok. You guys must be lucky if you have never encountered someone that has a sprawl.
    Do or Die

TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    I wasn't even quoting you unless you are military man. But uh ok. You guys must be lucky if you have never encountered someone that has a sprawl.

Lots of people have a sprawl... is it good enough to stop someone like me from getting them to the ground? In my experience no. Sure lots of people can throw their legs back when i shoot big deal. The most common mistake when sprawling is posting your legs too far to the outside or going completely too the ground which in a fight with a quick wrestler you;re ****ed.

Lots of people have a sprawl... is it good enough to stop someone like me from getting them to the ground? In my experience no. Sure lots of people can throw their legs back when i shoot big deal. The most common mistake when sprawling is posting your legs too far to the outside or going completely too the ground which in a fight with a quick wrestler you;re ****ed.
    My favorite thing to do is when they sprawl and put their weight on you, you do that thing...not sure what's it's called it's very common, when you let go with your left hand, turn your body sideways, and use your right arm that's still on their leg to pull yourself around behind while htey fall forward because they had all their weight on you and you aren't there anymore. For a single leg/highcrotch shot, if you have a double leg you have to switch to just one.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    What parts specificaly piss you off? Just people's ignorance? Statements like "i could destroy an mma fighter I'd just hit him in the throat and in his preasure points"? Those are the ones that piss me off the most.
    Ya, for the most part. And the fact that people think that automatically if you are in a street fight the other person will start biting you, and the "MMA'er" wont know what to do because "he cant bite in the ring".
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Ya, for the most part. And the fact that people think that automatically if you are in a street fight the other person will start biting you, and the "MMA'er" wont know what to do because "he cant bite in the ring".
    I know exactly what you mean.

Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GymClassHero90
    A Sprawl isnt the only way besides a Knee to defend against a wrestler lunging in at you. Theres blows to the back of the neck, head, ect...

And I didnt say just bite when you are being pounded in the face, bite when they have you in a position you cannot get out of with then just holding.

And in terms of shot to the nuts, the person will feel it. You hit them hard enough, they will go into shock.

And when Fighting someone who knows muay thai, they are ignorant to any other fighting styles. Their kicks and knees/elbows only go so far when you hit them in the throat/ grab their leg and throw them down , ect..

The bites go the same for knife wounds, they will go into shock. And when that happens, they have no chance.

And anyways if its a life threatening situation, knives/weapons are always something to be used frequently. Cheap? No. Smart? Yes.

Personally if a BJJ fighter took me down and had me in a random sub, if a hands free, they will have a few stab wounds from even thinking of trying to hurt me.
    what?

Bites = shock?
    umm ok......