burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Muscle Milk and Protein Question

My first question is about protein shakes. I like to take my protein shakes with milk due to the fact that I am bulking and I want to try to get as many calories and grams of protein as possible. My question is post workout... is it really that much of a difference if I mix my whey with water instead of milk. I have heard some people say its not a good idea because milk is slow digesting and whey is fast... but im trying to get as much protein is possible and my milk has 10 grams per serving so I like to have it with milk post instead of water... is this ok or is it better to go with water... or does it make no difference.

My second question has to do with muscle milk. Alot of my friends take this and they take it in the morning with breakfest. My question is when do you think the best time to take muscle milk is... breakfest...pre...post...evening?

elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Not expert on this one. I sometimes have milk with mine, not really consistant btwn milk or water (usually water though)

2. Bedtime snack
    "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle" - Ajax, "The Warriors"

burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50) burke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anyone else?

Registered User creativedesignz's Avatar
    creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) creativedesignz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have milk with all my shakes makes them taste so much better. do muscle milk in the am and pm only and drink whey in between and post workout. i drink roughly 4-5 shakes a day all with milk, i seem to be gaining fine and at a good rate

illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2% Milk and muscle milk is just perfect specially when blended with ice... God now I wanna make a random shake now lol

It's the best tasting protein shake (Chocolate/peanut butter)

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    is MM chocolate any good? i'm thinking about going for that and some CS complete whey.

so the whole milk vs water doesnt really mater

illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10) illriginal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think milk would make it slower to digest... plus you're gettin more protein from the milk as well

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am nearly positive that proteins are digested individuall persay, so pure casein doesn't interfere with pure whey. regardless, it could be fat in milk that slows digestion, i know nothing about milk's composition.

Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Shouldn't make a big difference. Most of the protein in your shake is whey. If 7 grams of that milk is Casein, it shouldn't slow it down that much. It would be even better I think. Your getting the best of both worlds.

The main thing is your getting protein post workout. Bottom line.
    PharmD | IFBB Pro | ********.com/SwollenPharmD

Originally Posted by Eightpak
    Shouldn't make a big difference. Most of the protein in your shake is whey. If 7 grams of that milk is Casein, it shouldn't slow it down that much. It would be even better I think. Your getting the best of both worlds.

The main thing is your getting protein post workout. Bottom line.

Agreed... completely agree.

so muscle milk post would be ok?

BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by burke
    so muscle milk post would be ok?
    Imo, MM would be better for use as needed throughout the day and at bedtime with whey first thing in the AM and post w/o.
    Also, I am with the minority on the whey with milk issue. I can't see the miniscule amount of casein in milk having much affect on the digestive rate of whey.

edit: Oh shyat, pat me on the back for 200.
    Last edited by BubbaDoc; 08-06-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Please support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... www.stjude.org/give.html