For time is on our side. LeumasNehpets's Avatar
    LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeumasNehpets is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Had my first grappling/jiu jitsu session today.

It was awesome! My knees are red roar, I got a very soar bruise on the underside of my bicep, I got a headache, but man was it exhilarating, 2 hours of pure ground work, ground and pound, submissions, half guard, side control, we even used MMA gloves!!

Bit expensive for the training sessions but well worth it, respect to anybody who gets involved in that sport, it's one HELL and I mean HELL of a martial art.

CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantSeeMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey congrats on getting started! I just started training in bjj about 2 months ago. The bruises were pretty rough at first--I keep getting the inside of my biceps tore up also. Now I have adapted to it a little better and I'm not bruising as bad. I also started always training in long sleeve compression shirts, which I think has helped me from bruising as bad.

TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheBlueDevil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome. The bruises will go away after a little while at least until you start rolling at a higher intensity level. Begining courses you typically dont go all out since it's more about repitition and technique. Well that and you also learn how to NOT hurt people.

user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheBlueDevil
    Welcome. The bruises will go away after a little while at least until you start rolling at a higher intensity level. Begining courses you typically dont go all out since it's more about repitition and technique. Well that and you also learn how to NOT hurt people.
    What he^ said...

I'd rather roll with a good blue/purple belt than a new white belt.

I've seen sooooo many new guys try to muscle their way into a submission, without the technique, and that's when it gets dangerous.
    "Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

- Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by stamp-on-kids
    What he^ said...

I'd rather roll with a good blue/purple belt than a new white belt.

I've seen sooooo many new guys try to muscle their way into a submission, without the technique, and that's when it gets dangerous.

I agree (white belt here), but then again...I have had someone who was in class longer try to use me as an example as well. Several in the class know he get a bit over zealous
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

****READ THIS****
    1. DO NOT ASK ME TO DELETE YOUR OLD THREADS. Think before you post.
    2. Blame yourself if you're banned.