Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82
    I see the theory here, and I agree with it, but Frank beat Cesar Gracie in March of this year, and I don't see that as the biggest win of his career.
    He beat Tito and retired his belt.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    Actually, he has beaten some pretty good fighters in Pride. Minowa, Chonan, and Yuki Kondo are all very good fighters, and Baroni has KO'ed all of them. Chonan actually beat Anderson Silva.

That doesnt matter, who beat who. Jeremy Horn beat Liddell 5 years ago.... did he beat him recently?

So Chonan beat Anderson Silva(Who is good but not unstoppable), Who did Baroni lose to in UFC?

Pete sell and Evan Tanner twice. One of whom most wouldn't have known if he wasnt on the upcoming season of TUF. Evan Tanner lost to Franklin and lost to Loiseau (Who lost to franklin as well)
    Last edited by kingarty; 08-01-2006 at 12:04 AM.
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, Anderson Silva lost to Chonan, but that was kind of a flukey win...Chonan basically risked it all on one sub and DOVE for that flying heel hook. I will never call a win "lucky" but I think probably 8 times out of 10 that doesn't work for Chonan in that match.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qb6++ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone can say what they will about who will win this fight or that, etc., but when it comes down to it, no one knows what could happen.

I like Chuck, and I believe wanderlei will be the one shatting and pissing on himself once one of Chucks bombs connects...hopefully!

Chuck will be around for a while if he so chooses to. His fights are normally quick, compared to many and he rarely suffers any form of beating like others do; that need time to heal and recover. His body never really takes a toll.

Im willing to bet Wanderlei wont be able to take him down straight up unless then clinch or get locked up somehow and he is tripped, etc.

Chucks takedown defense is second to none.

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, Anderson Silva lost to Chonan, but that was kind of a flukey win...Chonan basically risked it all on one sub and DOVE for that flying heel hook. I will never call a win "lucky" but I think probably 8 times out of 10 that doesn't work for Chonan in that match.
    IMO Chonan was winning the fight anyways, and even if you disagree, you gotta know Silva wasn't excatly dominating the fight up to that point. Anderson was landing some jabs here and there and that was basically it. Chonan was starting to work Silva over with low kicks. Not that Mauro's word is the law, but he agreed, saying Chonan finished a fight he was well on his way to winning.
    Last edited by HulkHagen; 08-01-2006 at 09:10 PM.

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kingarty
    That doesnt matter, who beat who. Jeremy Horn beat Liddell 5 years ago.... did he beat him recently?

So Chonan beat Anderson Silva(Who is good but not unstoppable), Who did Baroni lose to in UFC?

Pete sell and Evan Tanner twice. One of whom most wouldn't have known if he wasnt on the upcoming season of TUF. Evan Tanner lost to Franklin and lost to Loiseau (Who lost to franklin as well)
    Actually who beat who matters a good bit. It's a crap argument in terms of MMath, and determining the winner of 'who fights who' but the level of opponents a fighter has beaten goes a long way in determining how good he is.... this is common sense and I don't see how you can dispute it. If Fedor had beaten guys like Giant Ochai and Igor Borisov (don't ask) instead of great fighters like Noguiera and Cro Cop, he wouldn't be nearly as highly regarded as he is.

I'm not saying Baroni is great, but if you try to stand and slug it out with him, most of the time you are going to sleep.

The Jeremy Horn argument is a poor one, BTW, because most of Phil's big wins in Pride have happened fairly recently.
    Last edited by HulkHagen; 08-01-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Get yo Guns Up Playa!!! MenTaLPiRacY's Avatar
    MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually who beat who matters a good bit. It's a crap argument in terms of MMath, and determining the winner of 'who fights who' but the level of opponents a fighter has beaten goes a long way in determining how good he is.... this is common sense and I don't see how you can dispute it. If Fedor had beaten guys like Giant Ochai and Igor Borisov (don't ask) instead of great fighters like Noguiera and Cro Cop, he wouldn't be nearly as highly regarded as he is.

I'm not saying Baroni is great, but if you try to stand and slug it out with him, most of the time you are going to sleep.

The Jeremy Horn argument is a poor one, BTW, because most of Phil's big wins in Pride have happened fairly recently.
    While MMAath works somtimes, but Baroni is training with differnt camp now and has a new fire ever since getting the boot.. It is stupid to think a fighter cannot improve over a few years. Him and Coleman have looked very pumped for the W lately.
    Buccaneers † Red Raiders † Cubs

GUNS UP!!!

"""""\*͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/*͇̿̿/"""""

You can beat me at Baseball, Basketball, and Football, but i can beat you up.

Originally Posted by MenTaLPiRacY
    While MMAath works somtimes, but Baroni is training with differnt camp now and has a new fire ever since getting the boot.. It is stupid to think a fighter cannot improve over a few years. Him and Coleman have looked very pumped for the W lately.

Whatever, say what you want but I doubt his game has gotten much better. he lost to cans in the UFC and almost all his wins in Pride have come from Punch or Stomp (Stomps are not allowed in UFC) so all I have to say is, I think he will lose if he comes to fight in the UFC.

Also his fight record in Pride 3-2....Nothing THAT impressive.
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

Whatever, say what you want but I doubt his game has gotten much better. he lost to cans in the UFC and almost all his wins in Pride have come from Punch or Stomp (Stomps are not allowed in UFC) so all I have to say is, I think he will lose if he comes to fight in the UFC.

Also his fight record in Pride 3-2....Nothing THAT impressive.
    The only "can" you can really say he lost to in the UFC was Pete Sell, and that is arguable, since Sell is a decent fighter himself. If you are calling Matt Lindland and Evan Tanner cans, then you are nuts.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Baroni would be tons better off if he would realize that you can win a fight by something other than a knockout...
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

The only "can" you can really say he lost to in the UFC was Pete Sell, and that is arguable, since Sell is a decent fighter himself. If you are calling Matt Lindland and Evan Tanner cans, then you are nuts.
    Evan Tanner is a decent fighter. hes about as good as Pete Sell, if not BARLEY better. Matt Lindland is good but he always gets shafted when it comes to judges scorecards anyways.
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

Baroni would be tons better off if he would realize that you can win a fight by something other than a knockout...

Thats very true, too bad he doesn't see it though.
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

Evan Tanner is a decent fighter. hes about as good as Pete Sell, if not BARLEY better. Matt Lindland is good but he always gets shafted when it comes to judges scorecards anyways.
    Tanner is a much better fighter than Sell. Tanner is not quite on the level of Rich IMO, but he can beat just about anyone else, and probably could beat Rich on a good/lucky night.

He was dictating the pace against Louiseau until he fell for Dave's ol' "give them my back and reverse into guard and elbow" trick. IMO Tanner would be the favorite in a rematch. Tanner makes middle-of-the-road guys look REALLY bad. Justin Levens is a solid fighter and Tanner was toying with the poor kid. He also tooled Terrell pretty bad, who is supposedly the next big thing at MW.

Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i got my money on silva. I see silva getting a thai clinch in the second round and ending it, but the match most likely will end in the first round.