Actualizing the Potential MisterChase's Avatar
    MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000) MisterChase is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sergei Kharitonov vs Aleksander Emelianenko

A war between the two hardcore Russian badasses. Oh my, will this be a pleasure to my eyes.

http://www.prideofficial.com/free/ne...?id=1154067646

Tim Sylvia should take notes from this fight. That goes for the entire UFC Heavyweight division, actually.

I predict that this fight will be quite close, and could go either way. When these two fighters are at the top of their own game, they are no joke. They are both scary, tough-as-nails Russian fighters that actually know each other rather intimately. Due to such intimacy, I suspect that this fight will be a chess-match, as both fighers will give due respect to each other. I predict that most, if not all, of this fight will be a standup fight - and likely end up in a KO/TKO or decision.

My informal prediction is I think Aleks Emelianenko will come out with a flash KO, for unarticulated reasons. In all due respect of the facts at hand, I would formally predict that the fight will be too close to bet on or predict. We'll see how it unfolds.

Someone needs to stick a post-it note on Tim Sylvia's fridge, reminding him to watch the show "where the big boys play" and learn - that is, if he doesn't mind taking a recession from "Reading Rainbow" with Levar Burton.
    The more mass you have, the more ass you get.
    The more cash you make, the more class you get.

ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500)

Talking

ohh mam i need to see this..two russians fighting...

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't get how anyone can rationalize ranking someone like Aleks ahead of Tim Sylvia.

Aleks has beaten exactly zero top ten fighters... his biggest win is over Asseurio Silva, whom Sylvia beat more convincingly than Aleksander did, and Tim has beaten atleast a couple top ten fighters as well (Ricco Rodriguez was arguably the number 2 HW in the world when Tim KO'ed him, and AA was top 10).

People think so highly of Aleks because he smashed up a couple mediocre tall MMA guys, which looks impressive in highlight clips, but neither guy is all that good at MMA (Ricardo Morais and James Thompson) Sylvia would beat both of those guys up badly as well.

ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500) ZATOX is not very helpful. (-500)

Talking

Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    I don't get how anyone can rationalize ranking someone like Aleks ahead of Tim Sylvia.......
    o'rly?

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ZATOX
    o'rly?
    Yeah read the rest of my post assface.

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a fan of Kharitonov and I think he'll pull out the win

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aleksander by TKO
    Do or Die

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aleks is definitely overrated (not saying he's bad, but he shouldn't be considered top ten).

On the other side of the coin, I'll admit I've never seen his win over Assuerio Silva, but I don't see how it could be less convincing than Tim Sylvia's "grab the cage with both hands to avoid going to the ground and throw jabs for three rounds" decision victory.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Matt96teg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82
    Aleks is definitely overrated (not saying he's bad, but he shouldn't be considered top ten).

On the other side of the coin, I'll admit I've never seen his win over Assuerio Silva, but I don't see how it could be less convincing than Tim Sylvia's "grab the cage with both hands to avoid going to the ground and throw jabs for three rounds" decision victory.
    He dominated Assuerio for 3 rds. Sylvia didn't do ****. Aleks has better standup than Sylvia as well.
    Do or Die

ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10) ORKO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Kind of off topic but does anyone know the theme music Aleks comes out to? Thanks.

As for my pick, Aleks.
    Last edited by ORKO; 08-01-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe it was Josh Barnett who said that Aleksander's standup was better than his brothers (Fedors) after beating him at PRIDE-Total Elimination Absolute
    source :
    http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos_main.asp
    I cant remeber which video it is exactly but its in there somewheres..
    knocked down seven times, get up eight.

Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like both fighters, but Aleks more.

This is the fight I'm most looking forward to in the near future.

Don't be weak.

"I like swiss cheese. It's the only cheese you can draw with a pencil and identify. You can draw American cheese, but someone will think it's cheddar. Swiss cheese is the only cheese you can bite and miss. "Hey Mitch - does that sandwich have cheese on it?" "Every now and then!" I got some swiss air on that bite." -Mitch Hedberg

wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would never mess with someone named Aleksander....its just a really scary sounding name, and shall be the name of my future son.

This is my worthless post of the day.

ps. Tim Sylvia sucks.

Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    He dominated Assuerio for 3 rds. Sylvia didn't do ****. Aleks has better standup than Sylvia as well.
    Better standup doesn't always necessarily mean you will win a slug fest though. Arlovski's standup is much better than Tim's as well. People like Alistair Overeem and Guy Mezger have better technical standup than Chuck Liddell and he KO'ed both of them, and IMO Jorge Rivera's standup is much better than Chris Leben's, and Leben wound up putting him to sleep. I'm not saying Tim would KO Alex, but being a better striker doesn't ensure a win in a standup battle.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Matt96teg
    You do realize you're AGREEING with me, right? I think Sylvia put on a terrible performance, and that's what I said.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think Aleksander will win because he is a better fighter.