FlyboyUSMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

On my way to BUDS what supps shoudl I take?

Ok hello everyone thanks for any help you all give. I am leaving for BUDS in about 5 months I have to complete medic school first at Great Lakes. I was wondering what supps would benefit me in my training. In my quest to be a SEAL I have been training with a lot of running swimming and I lift 4 times a week. MY goals are probably differnt than a lot of you body builders. I dont care if I bench 500 lbs I need to run and run forever be able to do 20 pullups easy and swim like a fish. So its mostly endurance but I need power aswell but rep power like doing 30 dips and stuff like that. I was thinking of getting a good Multi Vitamin any favorite brands and also some glucosamine chondrotin for the wear and tear on the joints. Any other supps that would help me? Is there anything out there that can make your use of oxygen more efficient? Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

jdroks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of will power. good luck it is more mental than physical, according to friends that have gone.

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: On my way to BUDS what supps shoudl I take?

Originally posted by FlyboyUSMC
    Ok hello everyone thanks for any help you all give. I am leaving for BUDS in about 5 months I have to complete medic school first at Great Lakes. I was wondering what supps would benefit me in my training. In my quest to be a SEAL I have been training with a lot of running swimming and I lift 4 times a week. MY goals are probably differnt than a lot of you body builders. I dont care if I bench 500 lbs I need to run and run forever be able to do 20 pullups easy and swim like a fish. So its mostly endurance but I need power aswell but rep power like doing 30 dips and stuff like that. I was thinking of getting a good Multi Vitamin any favorite brands and also some glucosamine chondrotin for the wear and tear on the joints. Any other supps that would help me? Is there anything out there that can make your use of oxygen more efficient? Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
    A good protein supplement would help you out alot. With those goals, just make sure you're getting in at least 1-1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight.

The multi-vitamin and the joint formula will also help alot...

As for other supplements, creatine won't help, because it doesn't assist with prolonging muscular endurance.....

Taking just a pure caffeine supplement would help, as caffeine increases mental accuity and can greatly assist you with added 'power endurance'....

Jdroks is right with the mental vs. physical aspect of things, but helping the physical side wouldn't hurt either....

Good luck bro....
    // blog: androsForm.com
    // twitter: @androsForm

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence." - Vince Lombardi

thanks you guys anymore thoughts by anyone else?

ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get ready for some serious sleep deprivation and near hypothermic conditions. You cant really be totally prepared for it, just get into the best shape you can, i would suggest multi-vitamins, protien, and definately NO thermogenics(like an ECA stack).
    done with stupid board

i hope everyone here (particularly those with 1000+ posts) rejoins the human race sometime

exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: On my way to BUDS what supps shoudl I take?

Originally posted by Icex999

As for other supplements, creatine won't help, because it doesn't assist with prolonging muscular endurance.....
    Creatine helps a lot in the final sprint of an endurance race (and that's almost always the moment when you win or loose. The problem is to deal with the increased weight, and see if the power got by creatine couteracts the bad effects of the wheight gain (especially for swimming) got a couple of friend who do endurance cycling and prefer the chewable form of the creatine over the powdered form. Might try V12 as it is told (didn't try it myself though) you don't hold subcutaneous water. BCAA will be of a great help as the impact in running damage the muscular fibers a lot (BCAA would help rebuilding of damage muscular fibers). Glutamine would also be good as intensive training endurance tends to lower your immunity. And lots and lots of hard work and dedication.
    Last edited by exhortae; 01-06-2003 at 08:11 AM.
    Capitalism, love, dollar & japan passion

thx10050 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thx10050 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thx10050 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like the others said, mind over matter. And also, just remember that you won't have supplements at BUDS, so don't become too reliant on them to see you through.
    "Nothing can resist the human will that will stake even its very existence on its stated purpose." -Benjamin Disraeli.

jdroks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    while i cannot vouch for it, some cyclists I know SWEAR by rhodiola rosea for endurance and increased hematocrit. I think its a bit sketchy but I thought I would toss it out there.

batt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should post your question to the dragondoor.com forum. Lots of Military and LEO types hang out there, that can give you some advice as to how to train for BUDS.

I like to use Russian Kettlebells and Clubbells for strength endurance. Good luck with BUDS.

batt

w8s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    post this at www.getfitnow.com

stop the lifting because its useless for training for BUD/s. running, swimming and cals is what you need to be working on. It sounds to me like you aren't ready. If you can't complete the last week of the catagory 2 warning order easily then I wouldnt recommend even going. and if you dont know what the warning order is than i dont recommend going. you SHOULD be following the workouts in stews book and again if you dont know what im talking about than you arent ready.

Actually I have the warning order and I have passed the screening test and I still have to go through corpsman school. So I have another 4 months of training left and as for the second phase of bud prep I am almost done with that so I am almost ready for it. So before you judge you should ask more questions. I have been working out with the SEAL instructors in Great Lakes for the last nine weeks and have been doing just fine. For everyone else thanks for the thoughts and advice. Also I think some lifting is definately beneficial to BUD/s I didnt see one skinny instructor or guy leaving before me to BUD/s they were all very buff but also very lean and they all hit the weights pretty hard. I do more reps though than most doing like 16-20 on most excercises. Than I hit the tread mill than I swim about an hour straight. What is the best multi to get?

MyNameisKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just get yourself in to decent shape and don't worry too much about supps/magic pills. You will be performing under circumstances in BUDS where no supplements will be at your disposal...you will be lucky to eat during Hell Week (j/k, they feed you).
    I would suggest not getting you body accustom or reliant upon
    "supplements" to the point that it goes in to shock when you hit BUDS. Train clean, prepare for the worst....the only easy day was yesterday, right? LOL

I admire your service to our country in the times...best of luck, God speed to you and your brothers if you are called upon for duty.

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck to you bro. I almost took the plunge and went to BUDS after college. I chickened out though and got a desk job. I did run with a group during school called pre-SEAL. It was like a prep course to get in shape for the SEALS. On a typical day, we would do a pyramid workout, then go run 6-8 miles, and then swim 1-1.5 miles. I have never been more tired in my whole life as when I was doing that, but was never in as good a shape.

As far as supplements go, just make sure you are getting plenty of calories. I would suggest glutamine and liver tabs for recovery. Other than that, just sheer determination and the ability to never give up. I know from experience it is as much mental as it is physical. As far as training goes, just run, run, and run. Be able to do PLENTY of pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and sit-ups. I am sure you know this, but it is all about endurance. Forget how much weight you can move around. Drive on hard charger. WHOA!!!

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck to you bro. I almost took the plunge and went to BUDS after college. I chickened out though and got a desk job. I did run with a group during school called pre-SEAL. It was like a prep course to get in shape for the SEALS. On a typical day, we would do a pyramid workout, then go run 6-8 miles, and then swim 1-1.5 miles. I have never been more tired in my whole life as when I was doing that, but was never in as good a shape.

As far as supplements go, just make sure you are getting plenty of calories. I would suggest glutamine and liver tabs for recovery. Other than that, just sheer determination and the ability to never give up. I know from experience it is as much mental as it is physical. As far as training goes, just run, run, and run. Be able to do PLENTY of pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and sit-ups. I am sure you know this, but it is all about endurance. Forget how much weight you can move around. Drive on hard charger. WHOA!!!

w8s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by FlyboyUSMC
    Actually I have the warning order and I have passed the screening test and I still have to go through corpsman school. So I have another 4 months of training left and as for the second phase of bud prep I am almost done with that so I am almost ready for it. So before you judge you should ask more questions. I have been working out with the SEAL instructors in Great Lakes for the last nine weeks and have been doing just fine. For everyone else thanks for the thoughts and advice. Also I think some lifting is definately beneficial to BUD/s I didnt see one skinny instructor or guy leaving before me to BUD/s they were all very buff but also very lean and they all hit the weights pretty hard. I do more reps though than most doing like 16-20 on most excercises. Than I hit the tread mill than I swim about an hour straight. What is the best multi to get?
    spending time lifting is only wasting your time. BUY STEWS BOOK!! I have talked to people that could EASILY do the second phase of the warning order but they didnt make it. stew smith owns getfitnow.com and he has trained a lot of people who made it through BUD/s, and was a SEAL and an instructor. for your own good if you really want to make it through don't listen to advice here about it and go to getfitnow and talk to those bros AND BUY THAT BOOK

Thanks everyone for the support I went and bought stews book yesterday. Well I ordered it at least. I am very proud to serve my country and by being a SEAL I think one person can actually make a big difference because of the type of operations we do. Thankyou once again for all of the support this is going to be a fun and challenging time of my life. Im sure i will be in the best shape I have ever been in at the end of BUD/s. I geuss the biggest thing is running I have to work on its also the most boring. Im going to take a good multi because they say you can bring that and some glucosamine, I am also going to take some glutamine when I can for recovery, since Im married I will not live on post and I can eat what I want when I go home. This has been my dream to serve my country and I knew once I was done with college I was going to go into the service so once again thankyou for your support. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

and it does PAY TO BE A WINNER

Charliebunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I call bull****. You do not have a contract. You don't know anything your talking about. What you say is going on, is nt how it works. Don't ****ing say "we" like your in the teams. You haven't proved yourself one bit. Cut your bull**** and take advice from someone who's been there. There's no secret to buds. It's called hardwork. Can't supplement that.

BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I guess it's reasonable to request an update after almost 11 years.
    Staples:
    The Father
    The Son
    The Holy Spirit