Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cytrainer913
    If your legs were anything near that you would be posting them and they are not cuts or size wise! Plus I am almost 6" shorter than you!
    Those are your legs?! Holy crap! WELL DONE!! (Not like you need an 18 year old girl telling you that, lol). GREAT SEPARATION!

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Legs

They have always been my strong point, I even had the beginnings of the good quads in high school! I still train them very hard no matter what and never back off as the overall effect on the rest of the body can be greatly enhanced due to the hormonal release from hitting the Legs!

I always say to guys that ask me, how do you get "bigger arms, bigger chest, bigger back", answer SQUAT!!

And this is so true for the women as well, that love to use the bulky excuse and do the inner and outer thigh machines, I tell them Squats, and more squats, if you really want your legs to get leaner and more shapely!

Full range of motion squats are an answer you can use to many questions!

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cytrainer913
    If your legs were anything near that you would be posting them and they are not cuts or size wise! Plus I am almost 6" shorter than you!
    I have posted them and as I already mentioned, the shot I threw up was not taken to emphasize definition or seperation. It wasn't pumped, it wasn't in the gym. Take a similiar shot if you want to do a legit comparison.

The fact you are shorter means it is that much easier for to you fill out your frame. Given that and your age, your legs should be way, way bigger than they are.

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

legs

Mine were not pumped nor was I in the gym, thats just good old fashioned hard work and pumping them up is not going to change them that much! You make excuses for getting your self up on stage and finishing off the product! You talk a lot with little to back up your mouth! When you get to my level come talk to me, cause my legs for the natural stage are some of the biggest out there for my size!

You seem to be the only one being negative in the comments about my leg size, denial is not only a river in Egypt!
    Last edited by Cytrainer913; 08-01-2006 at 10:13 AM.

SteveStone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveStone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveStone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Al Shades looks great, he would make a great 'before' advertisement for any supplement company. Dude you like like one of those starving kids on TV with flies buzzing around their head. The only natural BBers you are bigger then would have to be midgets. 5'9 140? ROFL. Any 5'9" BBer is stepping on stage at least 25 lbs heavier then you. The only reason people were guessing you were 190 from that pic is because its out of context. Take a pic standing next to Cytrainer and i guarantee you look like a stick figure.

Normally i wouldnt post anything like this, but the fact that you are putting down guys that actually have the balls to step on stage is a joke. And so are you.
    Last edited by SteveStone; 08-01-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SteveStone
    Hey Al Shades looks great, he would make a great 'before' advertisement for any supplement company. Dude you like like one of those starving kids on TV with flies buzzing around their head. The only natural BBers you are bigger then would have to be midgets. 5'9 140? ROFL. Any 5'9" BBer is stepping on stage at least 25 lbs heavier then you. The only reason people were guessing you were 190 from that pic is because its out of context. Take a pic standing next to Cytrainer and i guarantee you look like a stick figure.

Normally i wouldnt post anything like this, but the fact that you are putting down guys that actually have the balls to step on stage is a joke. And so are you.
    You're the only joke here. First you put down my W/H, then my physique. Then my W/H again. Which is it, moron? Are you basing your criticism of me on a number or on the way I look? It's obviously the former, since you haven't said anything about my physique. You're obsessed with my W/H stats, and thus you fall into the same category of stupidity as the other morons.

"Any 5'9" BBer is stepping on stage at least 25 lbs heavier then you."

We are talking naturals? That's pure BS -- you're wrong. It is time for you and the other tards to put your money where your mouth is and start putting up pics. I will lead the way. This guy is smaller than me:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...0&d=1133325570

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...9&d=1133325556

THAT'S a "shredded shrimp"! And that's precisely the way that most natural/amateur BB'ers look on stage.

Now, idiots, it's your turn. You have two options:

1) Find pics of someone at my W/H with more muscularity than me.

You won't.

2) Find pics of natural/amateur teen BB'ers who are significantly larger than me.

Hint: You won't.

Good luck. :wink:
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-01-2006 at 11:41 AM.

SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    damn..this kid has got to be the stupidest, most unaware punk ive encountered in a long time....have u actually seen a real bodybuilding physique? its developed, some are more well developed than others depending on age and conditioning, but its developed none the less. you have no development. youre right, weight doesnt matter. development does. you have none, go get some. then talk to us when youre ribcage doesnt stick out .

by the way, that guy that u posted looks about...ohh...1000x better than you.
    Last edited by SleepLifter; 08-01-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Originally Posted by SleepLifter
    damn..this kid has got to be the stupidest, most unaware punk ive encountered in a long time....have u actually seen a real bodybuilding physique? its developed, some are more well developed than others depending on age and conditioning, but its developed none the less. you have no development. youre right, weight doesnt matter. development does. you have none, go get some. then talk to us when youre ribcage doesnt stick out .
    Development? You know nothing.

Where's my ribcage? Circle it in the pic or shut your face.

My development is clearly visible in my lats, abs, serratus and delts in the shot that I posted.

I posted shots of a competing BB'er who was smaller than me, thus destroying the claims made by you and others about my size. And I can post more. Shredded shrimps are a dime a dozen in natural BB'ing. Go look at Layne Norton's competition shots from when he was 18. He was a shrimp, too.

Now it is time for you to do the same or STFU.

The facts are on my side. When you have been proven wrong, you should have the dignity to admit defeat.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-01-2006 at 12:19 PM.

SteveStone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveStone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveStone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your're an imbecile. No BBer at 5'9" would ever step on stage at 140 lbs.

Congrats, you're the most muscular 5'9" 140lb person on the planet. Thats like being the worlds tallest midget. You're still a f*cking stick figure. Go hide behind a flagpole jackass.

Except that the guy I just posted was 5'8 and the same weight as me and a decade older, to boot.

Except that I would outsize plenty of natural competitors on stage with my frame.

Woops. You're wrong about...everything.

Idiots like you are the reason why I post my pics and say that I'm 160...just so that I don't have to deal with your BS. It's ironic because, as I've pointed out before, my low weight is a testament to my superb conditioning. But this is apparently too difficult for you to grasp. You have no understanding of bodybuilding. You would rather have a guy look smaller than he weighs than the other way around. What logic is behind this? There is none.

I won't be posting my weight again for a long time to come. I have absolutely no problem with every person who sees me thinking I'm 160+
    There's no need for me to deal with this "OMFGZ 140 @ 5'9 LOLZ1!" bull**** anymore. As if I needed anyone to point out the utterly obvious fact that I weigh less than most people of my height. One more time:

Weight and stats are nothing.

The illusion of having big stats is everything.

Looking good in bodybuilding is about creating visual illusions. This is precisely what I have done. Nobody who sees me in the gym would ever dream that I weigh under 150. People constantly overshoot my actual weight by 20, 30 lbs. in their guesses, and my age by 5 years (I just turned 19, they think I'm 25 because of my muscularity). I am a successful bodybuilder. End of story.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-01-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Right, an inch shorter and alot better conditioned. For you to go on stage at his BF you'd be 130 lbs. Toothpick.

Look jackass, you're the one that started in on how your way is the only way and everyone else is wrong. Now you want to cry about people making fun of your weight? Grow up or shut up.

Originally Posted by SteveStone
    Right, an inch shorter and alot better conditioned. For you to go on stage at his BF you'd be 130 lbs. Toothpick.
    No, he isn't "a lot better conditioned". What he IS, is darkly tanned, oiled and pumped up. These factors make a HUGE difference in appearance, you clown.

You continue to demonstrate that you know nothing.

If I had been painted dark in my pic and pumped up, I would look almost identical to that guy in terms of definition, only bigger. I'm still waiting to see my ribcage.

Shoo..
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-01-2006 at 02:45 PM.

XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread has gone the way of the flame-fest. LOL.

If you want to look at a teen bodybuilder who represents the opposite of everything you are asserting, here you go: take a look at a kid named Jessie Godderz. He is 19. He just won his WNBF pro card at the NANBF Central Midwest championships here in Des Moines. While he is not the biggest or leanest WNBF guy out there, its hard to believe he is only 19. I know this kid personally having met him a few times, at a few different shows. Cool guy. He is a big kid too. 165ish on stage. His height is within an inch of yours. I hate to think what he will look like at 30 years of age...yikes.

here is the link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...atrliowahh.jpg

You said it didnt exist. I assure you it does.

Sean
    B.S. Exercise Science, Philosophy, Creighton University 2003

CSCS, NSCA-CPT

Member of TEAM KLEMCZEWSKI
    www.thedietdoc.com

"His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

-President Theodore Roosevelt

He looks nice and wide.

So do I.

My lats and back overall have always been my best feature. I like his conditioning in that photo. He is lean - not shredded - but still has size. That's exactly how I would come in if I competed.

His physique is actually quite similiar to my own at the moment. Unfortunately, most people who compete take the easy way out and simply diet their size right off. It's far easier to do that than it is to strike a balance between size and definition. But that's what real conditioning is all about.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-01-2006 at 03:47 PM.

His physique in no way resembles yours. He looks like a bodybuilder, you look like a pencil.

Hey Al, I have something stuck between my teeth. Can i borrow one of your legs?

Sure. I'll gladly kick an idiot in the teeth.

I'm a bodybuilder and I look the part.

Registered User your future CEO's Avatar
    your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) your future CEO has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you my friend, are one talented troll

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think Mr. Beer said it best back in March...

Originally Posted by Mr. Beer
    Guys, you have to understand that Al Shades knows absolutely everything there is to know about every single aspect of weight training: diet, exercise, recovery. The lot. No-one can tell him anything, whether or not they happen to be bigger, leaner, stronger, more successful, more experienced, a professional athlete or trainer, no matter what their qualifications or what their standing in the field might be. Al Shades is the ultimate arbiter of all matters in this field.

But for some reason posters don't recognise Al Shades as the sheer living god in their midst that he is. They have the temerity to argue with him, no doubt out of jealousy at his complete awesomeness. That's why every thread he posts in ends up with half a dozen posters flaming the hell out of him and sending him spiralling further and further into neg repdom. Which really proves how right he is, since only smart posters have negative reps.

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Mr Beer seems like a very wise man. its a shame too, even though i dont agree with him, Al Shades might actually know a thing or two about this sport. Its too bad he's not smart enough to discuss it intelligently.

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Al Shades

Since you really think you have such a great-looking body, would you mind posting up a few more photos of different poses/angles? I'm sure any intelligent individual would realize there's really no merit in basing things on only one photo. For instance, out of curiosty, I cropped the photo of the competitor you posted above, and consequently he now doesn't look so much like a "shredded shrimp". It indeed is all about illusion, as you stated.

In the photo you posted, your lats + the posing are both on your side. Those factors help you present a bigger appearance. But I wonder how you would fare with the other poses.

I know you expressed your annoyance of taking photos, and you might just state something like "This is just a dumb internet battle... Not worth my time", but in this case, you dragged yourself into this and you're obviously very involved and passionate about making your case. Having just that one pose/photo as your means of reinforcement is hardly anything.

Personally, I do agree with you that many non-pro natural competitors aren't all that impressive, but I really can't stand your arrogance regarding your body, especially when I for one thought you resembled my stick-figure college buddy when I first saw your photo.

Originally Posted by your future CEO
    you my friend, are one talented troll
    What makes you think I'm not being serious? Why would I go through the trouble of proving myself right if I was just fooling around?

Originally Posted by quest-x
    Al Shades
    Since you really think you have such a great-looking body, would you mind posting up a few more photos of different poses/angles? I'm sure any intelligent individual would realize there's really no merit in basing things on only one photo. For instance, out of curiosty, I cropped the photo of the competitor you posted above, and consequently he now doesn't look so much like a "shredded shrimp". It indeed is all about illusion, as you stated.

In the photo you posted, your lats + the posing are both on your side. Those factors help you present a bigger appearance. But I wonder how you would fare with the other poses.

I know you expressed your annoyance of taking photos, and you might just state something like "This is just a dumb internet battle... Not worth my time", but in this case, you dragged yourself into this and you're obviously very involved and passionate about making your case. Having just that one pose/photo as your means of reinforcement is hardly anything.

Personally, I do agree with you that many non-pro natural competitors aren't all that impressive, but I really can't stand your arrogance regarding your body, especially when I for one thought you resembled my stick-figure college buddy when I first saw your photo.
    Yes, I would mind posting more photos of different poses/angles. If I didn't mind, I would have posted them already on my own inclination. This has always been my policy. I put pics up when I want to, not on the command of others. I can't be bothered to follow up on specific requests for pics because of how often I get them. You see, practically every thread in which I engage in a discussion invariably turns into a public opinion trial with me sitting in the defendant's chair. This has happened so many times on this board that it's like watching a TV sitcom.

I've got two photos up, not one. I do not believe I dragged myself into this -- I merely provided my opinion on a certain, unrelated issue. Other people turned this thread into the circus it is. This is the way it always occurs.

Your request was far more polite than most, but to take it up would still be an inconvenience for me at the present time.

What you refer to as "arrogance" regarding my physique is a simply a vocal and passionate response to the personal attacks which have been levied against me. The response fits the provocation. If someone hits me, I hit them back - hard. This has always been my operating strategy and it will never change. It doesn't make me friends, but it does preserve my dignity.

I want to restate a few points that have been passed over in the flame war:

First, those pics are OLD. I have been extremely busy in the gym since they were taken. I know what my weaknesses are and I have been attacking them vigorously.

I have been religiously training my delts and legs. As a result, my delts are now truly incredible, and my legs, while not large, are proportionate to my upper body, and very muscular all around (front and back). I am also doing some work to bring up my upper chest, which is one of my biggest problem areas. Everything else has improved. I'm on a high-frequency training split that has me in the gym practically every day (convenient, since I work there too).

I also do mystic tanning on a regular basis, which tremendously improves the appearance of definition.

I want to take more pics for the sake of comparison but I want it to happen under optimal conditions. When I get around to doing it, I will post them here in short order. I'm sure it'll happen by the end of the summer.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-01-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Badass in Training *supermomma*'s Avatar
    *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MissMegan1
    ... it's the same thing. Figure, fitness, BB ... I think this is a great thing you bring to the table here Ago b/c it's a huge issue for a lot of us (nobody understanding)! If I hear one more comment about the "weird food" I bring to my office ...

My husband loves the end result (!) but doesn't quite "get" why we can't go out to dinner "just once" or why I don't want to go to a party, etc.

*sigh*

Anyway thanx for venting 'cuz I think it enables the rest of us to do it too!!
    I think it can be even worse for us... My husband is understanding, if not always helpful (he is a junk food junkie big time), but friends don't get it at all. Especially female friends--I think other women, who don't do the things we do, get defensive bc they don't have the courage or will-power it takes to change their own bodies for the better...

I'm just waiting, until I get my bf where I really want it (still working, not even close to considering competing yet, but maybe someday), for my female friends to start making disparaging comments in order to make themselves feel better...

My parents are really cool about it, but my in-laws don't understand at all--they are always offering me disgusting junk foods at their house and get confused when I say no thanks... My father-in-law's stepson is into lifting, so at least there's that...

It's a very solitary life if you don't know any other bbers, figure girls, fitness competitors, or just plain gym rats...
    Friends don't let friends use pink dumbbells.

admin @ realbodiestraining.com

Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To answer the original post, this is my honest opinion and I know it might offend some people here but it's a free country right?

It really is quite simple. Socialising is a very natural and human thing to do. To put other people as a second priority, to something that is essentially just a vain exercise to look better than other people is very anti-social. There is a reason why bodybuilding is not a mainstream sport and never will be. It is a far too self obsessed sport and a lot of bb have their priorities out of whack and ultimately put looking good ahead of relationships with others and more important things in life. And I've seen some very good older bb's, who say exactly this -- that a lot of younger bbs have their life priorities completely out of whack and that's why people do not understand.

Let me disclaim the above with the fact that I have nothing against competing. I am trying to point out why others do not understand it. I wouldn't be on a bb site, if that's not what I enjoyed doing. However, I do not have a desier to compete any time soon, as my social life will always come before my bb life. Sure, I am not as far advanced as I could be but I just don't have weights as a complete priority in my life.

Also, you're basically preaching to the choir on here. You should post that in a site thats involved with fat peoples rights or something, would certainly get more interesting responses. Try here www.naafa.org/.
    If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, maybe they can do something with you.

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My goal wasn't to get interesting responses, I was just talking out loud (typing or course). Your anti-social explanation has truth to it, but dedicated members in any sport can have that same issue. I don't think you can single out bbing in that aspect.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

pgsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pgsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pgsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pgsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pgsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pgsam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "I can't be bothered to follow up on specific requests for pics because of how often I get them"

the reason you get so many requests is because you talk so much bullsh*t. You said one of your problems with competitive bodybuilding is there is no true objectivity....lets look at your situation objectively....you have multitudes of people telling you youre a joke everyday, that you cant hold a stick to competitive bodybuilders. looking objectively, I'd say you'd have to be an idiot not to see that. I rarely post on here but I've seen you day in and day out say the most retarded things, make the most ridiculous claims. you need to lay off the computer buddy.

and is that leg picture a joke? are you serious? the reason its your most "flattering" lower body pic is because the angle its taken! do you think were stupid? anyone can make ANYTHING look big from that distorted view. if you subtracted 15 minutes from your day of posting stupid bullsh*t on this board and took some real undistorted pictures, there wouldnt always be that problem. but you won't get around to it because you look like nothing. I hope you have progressed from those last pictures, and hope to see the progress soon. because as far as we can see, your physique could be described as nothing more than average.

XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To get back onto topic...

I just looked at the www.naafa.org site that was posted. Holy cow. It gives some perspective though. When you look at that site, and then a site like this, you can really see the whole spectrum. While I disagree with about everything they posted on that site, it is easy to see how the rest of world can view us(competive bodybuilders)...much in the same way I view them. I don't understand them. I don't know why they do what they do. I would never, even under the threat of death, live like that. I would expect many would say that about us.

crazy.

Who wants to start the National Association for the Advancement of Competitive Bodybuilders (NAACB)????? LOL.

Sean
    B.S. Exercise Science, Philosophy, Creighton University 2003

CSCS, NSCA-CPT

Member of TEAM KLEMCZEWSKI
    www.thedietdoc.com

"His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

-President Theodore Roosevelt

NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bottom line, BB is a singular sport.
    You win/lose literally on your own. No team activity here. Your trainer, lifting buddy, wife, etc are not on stage with you. I say if you can compete in BB, than other sports are easy, since they mostly (expect Boxing) have support.
    You can not sculpt a pebble. Eat to grow, then sculpt.

170 pounds of pure quads. ZaneWannabe's Avatar
    ZaneWannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZaneWannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude... I hate to break this one out, because I don't mean to sound cocky, but all you do is talk about how no one is comparable to you at your height and weight. The pictures I have up in the photo gallery are from when I was 5'11" 161, which is more or less proportional to you in your year old pics. I dominate you.

If we were standing on stage next to each other, and we both were tan and oiled and all that, you would not stand a chance in hell. I have infinitely better legs than you, a better midsection, and probably a few other things better than you, only I can't really tell because I have another thing on you: I know how to portray my body. Your picture is a testament to having no clue how to showcase any of the positives you are so quick to mention. Your arms are shown from the top down, your shoulder blades are, in your words, pinched, which is an absolutely horrible position, and your leg shot is nothing. It means nothing.

I'm not saying I'm an awesome bodybuilder or anything like that. I'm not even a particularly good one at this point. But a year later, I have about 7 percent body fat, grainy triceps, a much wider back, a christmas tree, deep quad separation, nutty intercostals, and a newly separated chest with decent striations.

I just figure you need someone to stop calling you out based on the fact that you would get annihilated on any level of stage and challenge you personally. At the Mr. Ball State this year, a local, collegiate level show, there were only 3 guys out of 20 that weren't in better condition than you, and only one guy I would say was even flirting with 150. None of the above placed. The winner in the Tall division was a guy who was roughly in Frank Zane's condition (i.e. everything but striated glutes) who probably came in around 175. The winner in the Short and Overall was a guy who came in with ham separation and carrying only marginal water on his back who came in around 210 at 5'6". They didn't look sick at all, they looked like champions, and nobody on stage that day was more of a "shrimp" than YOU.

edit: This is, of course, referring to Al Shades, not any of the above posters.
    Last edited by ZaneWannabe; 08-04-2006 at 03:25 PM.
    If you think I don't have a right to say what I just did: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=825057

Originally Posted by ZaneWannabe
    Dude... I hate to break this one out, because I don't mean to sound cocky, but all you do is talk about how no one is comparable to you at your height and weight. The pictures I have up in the photo gallery are from when I was 5'11" 161, which is more or less proportional to you in your year old pics. I dominate you.
    Why in the hell would you claim to have pics up yet fail to provide a link? What the F is that? I have no reason to take anything you wrote seriously until you get that damn link up here and show the pics. Hop to it or begone.

Originally Posted by pgsam
    "I can't be bothered to follow up on specific requests for pics because of how often I get them"

the reason you get so many requests is because you talk so much bullsh*t. You said one of your problems with competitive bodybuilding is there is no true objectivity....lets look at your situation objectively....you have multitudes of people telling you youre a joke everyday, that you cant hold a stick to competitive bodybuilders. looking objectively, I'd say you'd have to be an idiot not to see that. I rarely post on here but I've seen you day in and day out say the most retarded things, make the most ridiculous claims. you need to lay off the computer buddy.

and is that leg picture a joke? are you serious? the reason its your most "flattering" lower body pic is because the angle its taken! do you think were stupid? anyone can make ANYTHING look big from that distorted view. if you subtracted 15 minutes from your day of posting stupid bullsh*t on this board and took some real undistorted pictures, there wouldnt always be that problem. but you won't get around to it because you look like nothing. I hope you have progressed from those last pictures, and hope to see the progress soon. because as far as we can see, your physique could be described as nothing more than average.
    1. Quote a line of the "bull****" that I talk on a regular basis.

2. Mass consensus and objectivity are two different beasts. As I said, there is no objectivity in bodybuilding. And I haven't even got the former against me. I know this because I see people congratulated when they post their pics on this forum looking smaller than I am. If I came here as a stranger and threw up those 2 shots, claiming to be X weeks out of a competition, I would have just as many people praising me and saying "keep up the good work, man!" as are flaming me now. I know how flame-games work and how morons operate.

3. If I thought you were too stupid to recognize the flattering angle of my leg shot, why would I have brought it up? Why would I have admitted to something that could only make me look worse? Obviously, I wasn't trying to fool anybody, and as such, your "beef" about my leg shot is nonsensical and idiotic. That said, it isn't "distorted" and it's a legit shot considering the point I made earlier:

Bodybuilding is about creating visual illusions.

Did you forget? Go back to school.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-05-2006 at 08:14 PM.

I found another guy in my height/weight class. As usual, I'm miles ahead of him in terms of muscular development.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6#post11004006

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...0&d=1154778601

You can see the similarities between his frame and mine. Long arms, V-tapered chest w/the bulk of it's mass on the lower side, budding V taper from relatively well developed lats. It's a fighter's build.

If you take a look at his front and back shots, that is basically what I looked like a year before the posted shots. Now, the differences. He has all of the following advantages over me.

Weight: 150 (+10 lbs)

5 years older, 10 lbs heavier...and smaller looking. THIS is what I'm talking about when I say that I have more muscularity than anyone else in my H/W class.

Chest: 40" <==42"
    Forearms: 11.1" <==11" (I don't measure in .1 increments)
    Arms: 11.4" <== 11.5" & 12" unflexed, cold L/R
    Shoulders: 43.6" <== Don't know
    Thighs: 20.2" <==A little over 20"
    Calves: 14" <==~14"

How can I match or exceed the measurements of a guy of my height who has 10 lbs on me? There is only one reason, and that is MUSCULARITY. I challenge anyone to find someone 5'8 - 5'10 ~150 lb. who rivals me.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 08-05-2006 at 08:38 PM.