Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    mostsolid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppaproppy
    seem odd to anyone else that mostsolid and wanna's IP's are an exact match, along with 5 other names...all of which were banned since it was the same person who enjoyed using one name to talk to another?
    bigpoppaproppy:
    I have been asked this before sir by one of the other mods which I've said that couldn't be possible as my ip address is 69.168.167.171

I opened up my internet connections and Prt Scrn the following:
    http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rfdcp3.png

And once again If there's any more evidence you want let me know. Be gladly help with this situation
    Last edited by mostsolid; 08-08-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Originally Posted by mr.y
    Do you train to failure in this program? Like every last set on the exercise you do as much until you are stuck under the bar or will this lead to overtraining?
    mr.y:

No you don't train to failure, you should rest 2-5 minutes between each set until you are physically and mentally ready.

hope this helps

Originally Posted by Nikae
    on day 1 "PULL", where we got:
    Barbell Curls, Close Grip Underhand Chins, or Hammer Curls

-i pick only one of them or do all 3? (all 3 would be wayyy to much, but just to make sure ).

-and, 5x5, is that 5 sets with 5 reps with the same weight, and if i can do it i increase the weight for next workout??

-did i get this right? its 3 exercises, and thats 15 sets for the whole workout?

Sorry for stupid questions and Thanks!
    Nikae:

It's not stupid don't worry.

Yes, you pick one which could be deads,rows chins, total of 15 sets and do 5x5 of same weight and when you complete 5x5 you add 2.5 or 5 lbs the next workout.

hope this helps.

Nikae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I havent been lifting for almost 3 months now (been playing a lot of soccer), should i go to 5x5 right away or should i do 3x8-12 first (and for how long before switching to 5x5)?

Thanks

-Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This push/pull/legs training always works in theory, but when i actually apply it it feels as if each particular muscle group isnt getting as taxed as it is when i train them individually

Originally Posted by Nikae
    I havent been lifting for almost 3 months now (been playing a lot of soccer), should i go to 5x5 right away or should i do 3x8-12 first (and for how long before switching to 5x5)?

Thanks
    Nikae:

I wouldn't jump to low rep after 3 month layoff although it isn't hard getting your strength back, but you want to ease into it so therefore I prefer to stay at 3x8 and you can add extra exercise if you want since it isn't going to be as demanding.The purpose of 3x8 is to build additional muscle and to get your body ready for a lower rep routine like 5x5.

Do this for about 3-6 months.Follow the same concept that applies, add weight everytime complete 3x8.

Your routine should look like something like this:

DAY 1 Monday ? PULL
    deadlifts
    Dumbbell Rows
    wide grip chins
    Hammer Curls

DAY 2 Wednesday ? PUSH
    Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
    incline barbell bench press
    Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
    Tricep Dips

DAY 3 Friday ? LEGS
    Back Squats
    Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    Calf Raises (3x12) - either seated or standing
    Weighted Crunches (3x12)

Hope this helps.
    Goodluck with your training, anymore questions be gladly to help.

Originally Posted by -Moores Gym-
    This push/pull/legs training always works in theory, but when i actually apply it it feels as if each particular muscle group isnt getting as taxed as it is when i train them individually
    Moores Gym:

That's totally normally as you won't be training to failure, plus soreness varies from person to person which ofcourse soreness is no indicator of muscle growth. Plus patience is key here, sooner or later it will be difficult adding even 2.5 lbs to any particular exercise.

hope this helps bud.

Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Red_Dragon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mostsolid
    Now for the routine I suggests and I won't take credit for because it is originally by Frankie NY:

DAY WORKOUT 1 PULL
    Dead lifts,rackpulls,cleans,
    Bent over Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Rows, or Wide Grip Chins
    Barbell Curls, Close Grip Underhand Chins, or Hammer Curls

DAY WORKOUT 2 PUSH
    Flat Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press
    Standing Barbell or dumbell military press
    Triceps Dips (When you can do more then your weight use weight belt and add weight)

DAY WORKOUT 3 LEGS
    Front or Back Squats
    Barbell or Dumbbell Stiff Leg Dead lifts ,Glute Ham Raises
    Calf Raises 3x12(optional)
    Hey Mostsolid, I'm gonna start using your routine for the next 12 weeks and see how that will work. But I'm wondering does it necessarily have to be split into Push, pull and legs? Can I instead do this;

Day 1 - Chest, Quads, Deltoids

Day 2 - Lats, Trapezius, Middle and Lower Back

Day 3 - Hamstrings, Biceps and Triceps

Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, here i am 4 weeks into this routine and its been going good so far. I am much much stronger than 4 weeks ago. But i think ill run into some problems.
    I like DB's more than BB's, but all DB's weight increase levels are 2kg minimum and then after 26kg there is 4kg gap, that meens next DB weight lvl is 30kg i meen thats like a big jump isnt it? then its like 32, 35, 40. And this is in 2 diferent gym's i've been so far. So there is no way i can add like 2.5lb every week to my lifts as there are no such DB's... Does this meen there is a shortage of DB's or just those 2 gym's are ****? Or maybe i should go for that 4kg per DB gap and grab 30kg ?

Thank you

Originally Posted by Uber
    Well, here i am 4 weeks into this routine and its been going good so far. I am much much stronger than 4 weeks ago. But i think ill run into some problems.
    I like DB's more than BB's, but all DB's weight increase levels are 2kg minimum and then after 26kg there is 4kg gap, that meens next DB weight lvl is 30kg i meen thats like a big jump isnt it? then its like 32, 35, 40. And this is in 2 diferent gym's i've been so far. So there is no way i can add like 2.5lb every week to my lifts as there are no such DB's... Does this meen there is a shortage of DB's or just those 2 gym's are ****? Or maybe i should go for that 4kg per DB gap and grab 30kg ?

Thank you
    Uber:

Congrats, it's good to hear everything is going all well, I'm sorry if I haven't replied right away as I am very busy at the moment.

I wouldn't try and add more then 5 lbs each week. Any more then that you'll likely find yourself plateau quickly.

I'd suggests if you have extra cash buy dumbbell magnets if not drop buy a scrap yard and get old speakers and remove the magnets at the bottom. Anywhere from 2.5 to 5 lbs should be fine. I wouldn't suggests going more.

Keep up with the training.

Originally Posted by Red_Dragon
    Hey Mostsolid, I'm gonna start using your routine for the next 12 weeks and see how that will work. But I'm wondering does it necessarily have to be split into Push, pull and legs? Can I instead do this;

Day 1 - Chest, Quads, Deltoids

Day 2 - Lats, Trapezius, Middle and Lower Back

Day 3 - Hamstrings, Biceps and Triceps
    Red_Dragon:

The reason you want back bi's first day, chest tri's shoulders next and legs last is because you want to train the major muscle group once a week.

When doing bench and presses and squat your working tri's, shoulders, and chest and legs

On day 3 your hams are gonna get hit again and your bi's are gonna get hit again and tri's are gonna get hit again which is not gonna be a good idea.

Remeber were trying to focus on the big picture here, were not isolating anything.

You'll be fine as the one I outlined, you can do what ever you just aslong you follow these concepts of the routine

- 3 day split have at least 1 day rest
    - keep reps and sets 3x8 for now
    -Once you decided how you want it do it for 8-12 weeks
    - keep it pull, push ,legs, but you can mix up the order in givin workout.

hope this helps

jim kelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mostsolid the routine you suggested is nice. not only am i getting stronger my body is also changing. due to a busy schedule and family i've had to switch to the 2 day split.my question is i know you should have a 72hrs. rest between the 2 workouts. but because of my schedule i can only get 48hrs.i workout tuesday and friday is that enough rest between the 2 workouts or will that hinder my progress......

Originally Posted by jim kelly
    mostsolid the routine you suggested is nice. not only am i getting stronger my body is also changing. due to a busy schedule and family i've had to switch to the 2 day split.my question is i know you should have a 72hrs. rest between the 2 workouts. but because of my schedule i can only get 48hrs.i workout tuesday and friday is that enough rest between the 2 workouts or will that hinder my progress......
    jim kelly:

I'm glad to hear you are progressing and seeing positive changes. Towards what you've asks, that is fine. on 2 day split you should have at least 48hrs or 2 days between each workout. It won't hinder your progress. Keep it up, let us know how your progress go's.

Goodluck

littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey mostsolid i saw this and sent you a pm asking a couple question on routine and what not
    Currently cutting down!
    Finishing Kin degree, with background in Exercise Science!

Originally Posted by littlefry
    hey mostsolid i saw this and sent you a pm asking a couple question on routine and what not
    littlefry:

I've replied back have you recieved the message?

littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) littlefry is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yes i did receive and thanks
    Currently cutting down!
    Finishing Kin degree, with background in Exercise Science!

Originally Posted by littlefry
    yes i did receive and thanks
    littlefry:

Not a problem bud, if there's anything I missed out, let me know

Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you recommend any ab work on the days that you aren't training in your 3-day split? If I've got a Mon/Wed/Fri split can I add some abs Saturday?

Originally Posted by Iceman85
    Do you recommend any ab work on the days that you aren't training in your 3-day split? If I've got a Mon/Wed/Fri split can I add some abs Saturday?
    Iceman85:

I like to train abs just as hard as any other muscle once a week for around 10-12 reps. Working abs 3x a week or on non lifting days isn't necessary. Don't forget that your abs get hit when you squat and deadlift, even if you don't feel it.

In a bulking phase, you don't want to work abs too much though because they will grow. But you need them to be strong enough so as not to be a weak point for squatting and deadlifting. What makes your abs more defined is of course lowering your bodyfat through diet and cardio.

Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What does your ab workout look like?

What does your ab workout look like?
    Iceman85:

For abs I do weighted crunches 3x12 (not having feet pinned), were I can work on using my trunk and core. On 3 day split I'd do them on same day as squats as I feel of my energy has been depleted and don't have enough to do SLDL's or calves

On 2 day split, I do whichever particular workout that gets me done under an hour so that my workout may lasts 60-70 minutes.

Sometimes from cycle to cycle I'd do weighted leg raises 3x12 .

hope this help.

I was thinking captain's chair 3x10 and weighted swiss ball crunches 3x10 on leg days...Too much?

I was thinking captain's chair 3x10 and weighted swiss ball crunches 3x10 on leg days...Too much?
    Iceman85:

I am not familiar with those exercise, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

As I've stated on bulking routine working abs more then once a week isn't necessary because you don't want to work abs too much though because they will grow. But you need them to be strong enough so as not to be a weak point for squatting and deadlifting.

Remember your abs get hit on deadlifts and squats. If you were more concern about the abs look and trying to bulk, the last thing in the world you should worry about is your abdominal definition. ofcourse abs have to do with diet and cardio.

Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vintage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mostsolid would like to give you an update doing your program and everything is going great both size and strength. I'm planning to take my week off, IMO great routine

mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mick01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wanted to bump this thread should be a sticky. great reading

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump it if you want; it's just another workout routine--although a decent one--but keep in mind that other splits and full-body routines can be just as effective and the OP made a number of errors in his initial posts re: isolation exercises--what they are and if they're needed.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    EXACTLY!!
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Bump it if you want; it's just another workout routine--although a decent one--but keep in mind that other splits and full-body routines can be just as effective and the OP made a number of errors in his initial posts re: isolation exercises--what they are and if they're needed.
    exactly

sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello. Just want to see if I understand this correctly. You suggest to do 3 exercises 3 times a week? Or?
    Jesus is the only way!