skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Extreme hunger late at night....

I have a pretty messed up schedule (as usual)

I work 4-6, then have class 6-9:30, and there is a quiz at the end of each class.

I usually eat right before the class, but by the time I get home, I am ravenously hungry. I can eat a pound of london broil and still be hungry a half hour later, it's that bad.

I know the first and most obvious advice will be to eat during class, but that is not always an option.

Does anyone else have this late night hunger issue? Sometimes I get the late night hunger issue even when my meals are evenly spaced apart. The funny part is that early in the day I'm barely hungry at all.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

lifting for short people utjock12's Avatar
    utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im the same way, i get more hungry as the day goes on and i sometimes have to force food down in the morning.

dont know what to tell you cause you are cutting though, thank god im bulking. maybe eat some filling foods with low calories like some veggies (broc, cauliflower, celery). depending on your diet you might be able to move some meats around to the end of the day to stay away from carbs late at night.
    succeeding is not enough, others must fail.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lack of sleep causes an increase in insulin levels and hungry hormones. Are you sure your late night hunger is real lack of food, or is it lack of sleep?

When are you working out? If you can eat a good big meal a couple of hours after your workout, that might help.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Funny, I used to have that problem when I was eating carbs. I woke up every night insanely hungry and woudl down anything sweet in the house. When I was bulking it was great because I would get uyp every night and down a protein shake. Now that I am eating so much fat and meat, I don't get extremely hungery ever. It is usually high glycemic foods that cause teh acute hunger. MAybe you are not eating enough fat?

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It COULD be that my days are too long (I usually go to bed 12 to 1am, wake up at 8-9am), then I lift, do whatever, go to school, etc. But I don't think that's it. I slept 11 hours last night, and now at 9pm I feel the hunger machine churning...

My diet in chronological order

egg salad

coffee with coconut oil

pre workout shake, protein with very little maltodextrin
    pwo shake, protein, malto, and dex

can of tuna with olive oil

pork rhinds

piece of london broil, salad with olive oil

*hunger started churning at this point*
    I tried to quell it with a HUGE salad with ranch dressing and a protein shake

and I'm sitting here telling myself not to eat. This is not the way to live. I can't blame it on caffiene either because I haven't had a cup in a good .... 4 or more hours. I also Drink one to two gallons of distilled water every day...
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skelooth
    I also Drink one to two gallons of distilled water every day...
    Why distilled water? I've never really understood the significance behind it, other than it doesn't make you hold water.

Are you competing?
    "To win any battle, you must fight as if you were already dead." - Miyamoto Musashi

FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by skelooth
    It COULD be that my days are too long (I usually go to bed 12 to 1am, wake up at 8-9am), then I lift, do whatever, go to school, etc. But I don't think that's it. I slept 11 hours last night, and now at 9pm I feel the hunger machine churning...

My diet in chronological order

egg salad

coffee with coconut oil

pre workout shake, protein with very little maltodextrin
    pwo shake, protein, malto, and dex

can of tuna with olive oil

pork rhinds

piece of london broil, salad with olive oil

*hunger started churning at this point*
    I tried to quell it with a HUGE salad with ranch dressing and a protein shake

and I'm sitting here telling myself not to eat. This is not the way to live. I can't blame it on caffiene either because I haven't had a cup in a good .... 4 or more hours. I also Drink one to two gallons of distilled water every day...
    You shouldn't have to be starving yourself bro. Sure dieting consists of eating below maintenance calories but when it gets to the point where you must fight hunger, you need to go eat. When your body is hungry for prolonged periods of time, you're going to start losing muscle, especially if you go to bed hungry and wake up in an insanely fasted state.

Throw in another meal for your own good. Gluck!

maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    too much liquid?

Oils, protein shake... come on!

Where's the peanut butter and the meat!

I'm eating more oils now because my trainer wants me to get more EFAs and healthy fats in, and flax is hard to incorporate into foods. The last protein shake was just trying to quell hunger. Later in that evening I made some fried eggs for a total of 2500 cals. I was still clutching my belly in hunger all night as I tried to fall asleep.

Hell, I just ate 5 eggs an hour ago and I feel like I'm starving.... hmmmmm

smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10) smackdaddyD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My cure for this: Kraft Polly-O string cheese.

80 cals, <1g carb, 8g fat, 7g protein per stick.

I just snarf down two of those bad boys whenever I'm hungry, but I have to stop at 9 pm, so I can minimize any calcium interference with the ZMA I take before bed. If I'm hungry after 9, which I usually am, I eat a piece of chicken sausage (100 cals, 0 carbs, 4.5g of fat, 14g of protein).

I think what might be an issue is you aren't consuming enough saturated fat and sheer food volume.

I'm not your trainer, and I'm not you, but I'd junk the olive oil and eat some cheese. Works great for me.
    "You can't change the past, but you can change the future."
    - Catherine Pulsifer

"Temporary effort yields temporary results."
    - Me

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ditch some of the protein shakes and eat some meat. Whey is absorbed so fast you'll be hungry again in an hour. A decent steak will hold you for a lot longer. Especially if you eat it with a bucket load of broccoli. There's very little volume in your food.

You've been doing this long enough that you know you have to fill up your plate as well as get in the right number of calories.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders