Page 1 of 229 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    "Greatest Gig in the Sky" young and strong's Avatar
    young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)

Y&S's Weightlifting Journal

Hey Everybody,
    I'm back after a week break. i'll be aiming for strength for the next two months, as i have a powerlifting comp in about 7 weeks (nothing special or anything just something local) and will continue lifting afterwards.
    I will be concerntrating on powerlifting technique as well (eg pause at bottom of bench press and squat.)

Stats: 6'2 211 pounds 19% bf
    Best lifts done with perfect Powerlifting form:
    Squat- 220 (100kgs) for 5
    Bench- 155 (72.5kgs)
    Deadlifts- 300 (135kgs)

My Powerlifting coach wrote this out:
    Routine:
    HEAVY DAY
    Squat- 5x5 same weight
    Bench Press- 5x5 same weight 5 sec pause at bottom (starting real light)
    SL Deadlifts- 3x8 For weak hamstrings
    Accessory Work (TBA)

LIGHT DAY
    Squat- 5x5 same weight (80% of heavy day)
    Bench- 5x5 same weight 5 sec pause (80% of heavy day)
    SL Deadlifts- 3x8 (80%)
    Acessory Work (TBA)

Medium Day
    Squat- 5x5 same weight (95% of heavy day)
    Bench- 5x5 same weight 5 sec pause (95% of heavy day)
    Deadlifts- 5x5 Same Weight Heavy
    Acessory Work (TBA)

First Workout Tommorow
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ooooh. New Journal. *subscribed*.
    I'm not sure what you're up for, but good luck with your 7 weeks and counting.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/

King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sweet new journal. I thought you were taking 4 weeks off though?

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    New journal, nice.

Subscribed
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000) young and strong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by r-ban
    Sweet new journal. I thought you were taking 4 weeks off though?
    I was, but then mum said if i get an hour and half of work done a night i can go.

Thanks for stopping by and keep posting on what you think
    Last edited by young and strong; 07-18-2006 at 04:08 AM.
    "i dont know man i try to maintain low bw and gain stregth because what good is stregth if your using half of it to move your body. high stregth plus low body weight equals intense explosion. i think a guy like irish kid or gray horse would mess bs up in a fight due to kickness and probably better punch stregth explosion. i still wouldnt wanna fight bser though hed wreck me due to the size advantage and my legs arent up to par to make me a stregth conter" Sickonstorm

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Heavy Day

Thanks for subscribing Short and EOR

Note that i am working more on technique at the moment

ATG Squats- 5x5x165 (75kgs) 1 sec pause at bottom, easy.
    Been working on flexibility with stretches and are getting lower on these.

Bench Press- 5x5x100 (45kgs) PR!!!! for 5 sec pause at bottom.
    The idea of these is to learn to be explosive after pause.

SL Deadlifts- 3x8x110 (50kgs) PR!!!! with perfect form.
    I learnt i wasn't doing these properly before and now i know i have weak hamstrings.

Military Press- 3x8x70 (31kgs) Really good

Lat Pulldown- 2x8x110 (50kgs)

SL Calf Raises- 2x8x33 (15kgs)

Back Extensions- 2x10x22 (10kgs)

Achilles and groin stretch for getting lower on squats
    Alright Start
    Last edited by young and strong; 07-18-2006 at 04:08 AM.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by young and strong
    Thanks for stopping by and keep posting on what you think
    Always will, unofficially subscribed

I thought you got 147.5kg for deadlift? Was it questionable form? Anyway good stuff, I'm really happy your mums letting you continue lifting

WowWowWowWow ab-swing asianbabe's Avatar
    ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck dude! How long have you been lifting?

Always will, unofficially subscribed

I thought you got 147.5kg for deadlift? Was it questionable form? Anyway good stuff, I'm really happy your mums letting you continue lifting
    It was quetionable, i think my back took all the weight so my rear was higher than my shoulders.
    thanks, so am i

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by asianbabe
    Good luck dude! How long have you been lifting?
    Hey thanks, about 1 year but the first four months was crap. i've been doing starting strength journal before this. So really only a good five months of productive training

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok, I'm here to check up on you now

Program looks like it should be alright, what kind of ramp up are you going to be using up to the competiton though, is it gonna be completely linear?

Good luck with that comp bro, keep us updated!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Medium Day

No time for light day had to go to funeral instead

This was at school for PE class so it's a bit different

Bench Press- 1x8x132 (60kgs)
    1x14x110 (50kgs) PR!!

ATG Squat (1 sec Pause)- 5x5x160 (72.5kgs) We had some hot as chicks in our PE class and they were staring and whispering, a plesant change . imagine if i had have squatted 100kgs......

Military Press- 3x8x84 (38kgs) No deadlifts allowed in gym, sucks arse

Crap week i know, next week will be different
    Last edited by young and strong; 07-21-2006 at 02:28 AM.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by Rune
    Ok, I'm here to check up on you now

Program looks like it should be alright, what kind of ramp up are you going to be using up to the competiton though, is it gonna be completely linear?

Good luck with that comp bro, keep us updated!
    Note- Switch Good mornings for SL Deadlifts on Light Day.

Going up 5kgs and 2.5kgs as long as it's with perfect form!
    Yeah it's going to be completly linear, my coach says at my age i should lift with perfect technique.
    Thanks man will do

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey mate good to see someone from Australia.
    I'm not far from you- In Ballarat.

I've been trying to find some powerlifting comps in our area- can you point me in the right direction?
    I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength- Philippians 4:13

Hey Olympic
    There's a big i think in Colac in about six months, the one i'm doing is alocal small thing

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

lol at the hot chick comment. Great work on bench press! Your 1RM will be apporaching 80kg soon.

ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We had some hot as chicks in our PE class and they were staring and whispering, a plesant change . imagine if i had have squatted 100kgs......
    heheh and you don't even need to savour the moment, I'm sure there'll be dozens more times you will impress them

lol at the hot chick comment. Great work on bench press! Your 1RM will be apporaching 80kg soon.
    Yeah it was good, yeah the bench would be around 80kgs except i've got a one sec pause at the bottom which puts me back to around 70 to 75kgs

heheh and you don't even need to savour the moment, I'm sure there'll be dozens more times you will impress them
    Hopfully , it isn't my main goal but it's motivating.

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Heavy Day

ATG Squats-5x5x170 (77.5kgs) really easy, flexbilities good as well

Bench Press (5sec pause)-5x5x110 (50kgs) PR!!! Real Strong

Deadlifts-1x5x242 (110kgs) Making up for last week, kinda hard

SL deadlifts-3x8x105 (52.5kgs) PR!!! hammies on fire

Lat Pulldown-1x8x121 (55kgs)

SL calf raises-2x8x45 (20kgs)

Back extensions-2x10x33 (15kgs)

Breathing execises, squat stretches and plank- meh
    Long session

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey...you started a new jorunal...? shoulda told me...!!!

anyways... i'm *SUBSCRIBED*

best of luck

Andalite

good sess y & s!!
    out of curiosity, what breathing exercises are these?

Solid, it looks like you can handle more weight

Must be hard having bench squats and dl in one day lol

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pfft, you better hit it hard next week
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Originally Posted by Andalite
    hey...you started a new jorunal...? shoulda told me...!!!

anyways... i'm *SUBSCRIBED*

best of luck

Andalite
    Oh **** sorry man, i thought i did

Awsome let me know what you think

good sess y & s!!
    out of curiosity, what breathing exercises are these?
    Thanks .
    It's for squats.... basically you try and suck in and fill your lungs with and let it out in a hiss noise. For core strength when ascending

Solid, it looks like you can handle more weight

Must be hard having bench squats and dl in one day lol
    Well i am building up on squats again, considering i'm getting closer to butt to ankles (hard at 6'2)
    I don't normally do deadlifts on this day but was making up from last week.
    Thank God for light days though

Originally Posted by EoR
    Pfft, you better hit it hard next week
    lol, yes sir

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awsome let me know what you think
    sure:

1.) good idea on starting a brand new journal

2.) stop worrying sooo much on form....

3.) when do you expect to set new PRs..???

4.) you'll need to gain a LOT of strength..

5.) 1 week before a meet, you HAVE to do nothing...thats right, i read this on 4 websites and all the PL'ers said the same thing: 1 week before a meet chillout so that your body craves for those heavy weights on the meet day

best of luck

Andalite

Light Day

ATG Squats-5x5x138 (62.5kgs) Butt to calves!!!!!!!!

Bench Press (3 sec Pause)- 2x8x88 (40kgs)

Good Mornings- 3x8x55 (25kgs) Default PR!! Really weak hammies!

Close Grip Bench- 2x8x110 (50kgs) Good

BB Rows- 3x8x100 (45kgs)

Reverse Crunches- 2x20xBW

Reverse back extensions- 2x10xBW

Alright Workout, finally got flexibility down

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

Originally Posted by Andalite
    sure:

1.) good idea on starting a brand new journal

2.) stop worrying sooo much on form....

3.) when do you expect to set new PRs..???

4.) you'll need to gain a LOT of strength..

5.) 1 week before a meet, you HAVE to do nothing...thats right, i read this on 4 websites and all the PL'ers said the same thing: 1 week before a meet chillout so that your body craves for those heavy weights on the meet day

best of luck

Andalite
    1) Thanks

2)I have to on bench because i need to make 1 sec pause, others my form wasn't always good

3) Well i've got my flexibility down now on squats so everythings a PR, Bench is working up with pause.... Deadlift PR's will be coming soon

4) It's only a local thing, nothing special, still i know i have a long way to go

5)I'll think about it, see what PL coach says

Thanks for the input

R.I.P Frvrmuscle

nice to see you are working in stretches and flexibility! So often forgotten these days! Keep up the good work, I'm following

ATG Squats-5x5x138 (62.5kgs) Butt to calves!!!!!!!!

Bench Press (3 sec Pause)- 2x8x88 (40kgs)

Good Mornings- 3x8x55 (25kgs) Default PR!! Really weak hammies!

Close Grip Bench- 2x8x110 (50kgs) Good

BB Rows- 3x8x100 (45kgs)

Reverse Crunches- 2x20xBW

Reverse back extensions- 2x10xBW

Alright Workout, finally got flexibility down
    good workout...

1) Thanks

2)I have to on bench because i need to make 1 sec pause, others my form wasn't always good

3) Well i've got my flexibility down now on squats so everythings a PR, Bench is working up with pause.... Deadlift PR's will be coming soon

4) It's only a local thing, nothing special, still i know i have a long way to go

5)I'll think about it, see what PL coach says

Thanks for the input
    your welcome...and sorry if i sound like a no-it-all sometimes....i'm only here to help with my limited knowledge..

peace

best of luck

Andalite

Nice and easy