thisguy32154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisguy32154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking A day in the life of my bulk

I have been eating this or the similar for the past 2 weeks. I have been packin on weight/making gains/ and damnit i feel bloated all the time! any suggestions
    meal 1: 3/4 cup oats-1 whole egg/4 whites/1 cup cottage cheese, and 1 cup of fruit(usually 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 strawberries)
    or I eat this 1/2 cup exekiel cereal, 1/2 7 grain flake oranic cereal, 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 oz milk, and 1 cup of fruit
    meal 2: Met-RX MRP in the white box
    meal 3: 1-1 1/4 cup brown rice, chicken breast, vegetable of choice(usually peas and carrots, or broccoli, today it is creamed squash!)
    meal 4: ISS Pro 42 bar-I am thinking about replacing this with another Met-RX drink, it will get me almost the same protein, more vitamins, and I just realized there is some HFCS in it, probably near to none, but It may not be worth it. Plus there are an extra 100 calories i could add somewhere else.
    meal 5: Yogurt from ALDI-sweetened with fructose and splenda, only 120 calories and fat free-Its near perfect as far as pre-packaged flavored yogurt goes, and a sandwich with 8 pieces of ledbetter chicken or turkey on ezekiel bread.
    PWO: 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey adn CEE, or 3/4 cup oats, a banana, and 2 scoops whey, and CEE.
    Meal 6: Lean mean(turkey Mignon, Chicken breast/90% beef), and a potato( switch between sweet and white), as well as salad, and vegetable of choice
    Pre Bed: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 and 1/4 scoops Megamilk, or 2 scoops mega milk, or just 1 cup cottage cheese.
    So hows this look, This is a ****load of food for me to eat, but I decided I wanted to get serious about gaining weight, and This is the same as my maintainance diet just alot more carbs(bigger portions, and the added MRP's and or bars.
    thanks for any feedback, and dammit somebody checkout my workout journal, I spend time writing it out!

thisguy32154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisguy32154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy well......38 views and not 1 reply

Come ON I know everyone gets sick of diet critiques, this is my first question on them in being a member over a year. Someone could at least say shut the hell up no one cares, lol. Just one reply.....................maybe a few......

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thisguy32154
    meal 1: 3/4 cup oats-1 whole egg/4 whites/1 cup cottage cheese, and 1 cup of fruit(usually 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 strawberries)Sounds good.

or I eat this 1/2 cup e"Z"ekiel cereal, 1/2 7 grain flake oranic cereal, 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 oz milk, and 1 cup of fruit Sounds good.

meal 2: Met-RX MRP in the white box Why would this be better than real food??

meal 3: 1-1 1/4 cup brown rice, chicken breast, vegetable of choice(usually peas and carrots, or broccoli, today it is creamed squash!) Healthy fats?? Creamed squash?? Ah, yuck!! Personal opinion, but, yuck!!

meal 4: ISS Pro 42 bar-I am thinking about replacing this with another Met-RX drink, it will get me almost the same protein, more vitamins, and I just realized there is some HFCS in it, probably near to none, but It may not be worth it. Plus there are an extra 100 calories i could add somewhere else. Good points.

meal 5: Yogurt from ALDI-sweetened with fructose and splenda, only 120 calories and fat free-Its near perfect as far as pre-packaged flavored yogurt goes, and a sandwich with 8 pieces of ledbetter chicken or turkey on ezekiel bread. I see absolutely no benefit in purposely taking fructose. I'd ditch the yoghurt, altogether. Maybe you are lactose intolerant, and it is bugging you. Other than that, this meal looks like it is lacking a little in healthy types of fat.

PWO: 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey adn CEE, or 3/4 cup oats, a banana, and 2 scoops whey, and CEE. Jesus, that is a big meal for postworkout. Did you unintentionally type it twice or somethign?? Cause holy crap, dude. 4 scoops of whey would give anybody a tummy ache.

Meal 6: Lean mean(turkey Mignon, Chicken breast/90% beef), and a potato( switch between sweet and white), as well as salad, and vegetable of choice Some healthy fats might help you here.

Pre Bed: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 and 1/4 scoops Megamilk, or 2 scoops mega milk, or just 1 cup cottage cheese. I don't know what megamilk is. It sounds kinda like a waste of time??
    See bold. Maybe you are feeling full and bloaded all of the time cause that's a crapload of food, dude!! You might try digestive enzymes, which I hear works wonders, though I have not experienced such wonders, myself.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

Talking lol

I know its alot of food girl, but hey, Im tryin to gain weight. I mean i weighed in yesterday at 171 and BF tested 8.2% I know this guys calipers are screwed I can look at myself and see more of the 9.5. I mean I am trying to gain weight. So for my goals how does it look?

lol

The postworkout meal is 2 separate ones that I alternate. The megamilk is EAS's version of Muscle Milk, Lots of EFA's and what not. The yogurt is good stuff, I am with you on the EFA stuff, I figured I was getting enough though through sooking with olive oil, MegaMilk, and through fish and stuff

last one

The squash was basically squash casserole, did not know what to call it. I got it from this organic market here in town. Ingredients are squash, reduced fat milk, and cinnamon. Tasted like sweet potatoes to me. But I prefer a big sweet potato anyways but that along side over a cup of rice in one sitting and your talking about serious bulking

d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why are you having 1 cup of oats post w/o, shouldn't you have a high GI carb (dextrose). (just my 2 cents )

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat that comes out to, but, if you are trying to bulk, this looks like it'll do it. I agree that 1 cup of oats postworkout is a little excessive. I'm not quite sure why so many guys in the nutrition section eat oats postworkout, as they are a slow digesting, complex carb, with a decent amount of fiber in them. Meaning, they will slow down the digestion of the whey. bodybuilder420 is always saying that fruit as a postworkout food is pretty useless and to go with dextrose. I'm not quite sure about the fruit thing, but, I do agree that dextrose is a superior carb postworkout.

Remember that you do want to be gaining as little fat as possible when you bulk, so pay a lot of attention to your body fat and what you see in the mirror. Measurements probably aren't going to serve the purpose of monitoring fat, but, they will let you know where you are gaining size.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

thanks

I would rep you again but, i gott spread more around first.
    I really just enjoy oats to be honest with you. I know dextrose should be better. I am kind of carb sensitive, I used to be pretty fat. 5 foot 10 and 233 above 23% body fat. So i like being lean now and i completely cut out all simple carb forms. I guess I am just scared of the high GI stuff even though i need it. Then the next point is I am just always so freakin hungry and the oats help me fight that!

If you're starving after your workout, and your postworkout shake isn't cutting it, maybe we should look at your preworkout meal again.

No, that looks good. You could stand a little fat, if you're still hungry. How long a break in your meals do you have between your preworkout meal and your postworkout shake?? Are you eating your postworkout shake immediately after your workout?? If not, you better be. Also, you are supposed to eat your postworkout meal 1 hour after your postworkout shake. Come on, dude, you can wait an hour?! You finish your workout, drink your shake, shower, change, start the drive home, get home, cook, and it's basically an hour later.

I might get a few objects hucked at me for knocking oats postworkout, but it's my opinion that it will slow down the digestion of the whey!! Why not throw some healthy fats in the mix?? Because they slow down the digestion of whey, too.

The thing about dextrose is that it will help your muscles recover more quickly. You have to train yourself not to be scared of something if it is going to help you. An excessive amount of cals will make you fat, not a few extra grams of carbs. Also, you measure your dextrose, so you know exactly what you're getting in. If you are really creeped out by it, try half a scoop.

Angry thanks

Well dangit I love my oats!
    Anyways on a crappier aspect of my day I have officially left all my food at home(midtown) in which I am at the office(Germantown). Like 30 minutes drive. I have no food all day today.
    crap

Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, how could you forget your food!?! That sucs man!!! You carry a backpack with you or something? You don't keep any emergency bars at work?
    That diet will def pack on the mass, keep your cardio to balance.
    very slow bulk, 6'1 @ 220, takin it day by day

I thank God for the strength he has given me to do what I can, and finish what I start.

well...

I didnt mean to forget it!
    Dammit I was struggling to scarf down my oats and whey because my damn back and bi's are so sore from yesterday, I was trying to figure out how to carry my gym bag and i just walked out and left my big bag of food in the fridge. I mean I got some mrp's here and a protein bar. But I get like 70% of my calories while I am at work! I dont wanna live on 2 mrps and a iss pro42 bar today.. I think i will go to back yard burger and get a chicken breast and a potato or something. There is this sushi place right next to my office, but damn its expensive and i just spent 200 bucks at the grocery. crap
    o well, that potato is sure sounding good. Man i cooked a lunch for king today too. Grilled Ahi tuna, brown rice and marinated in ginger and soy sauce.
    the Agony!!!!!!!

TricepGirl

O yea I see you keep talkin abotu the healthy fats, In my PPWO meal the one with teh salad and meat, I always use a good amount of EVOO and vinegar for my dressing, forgot to say that
    I wish all girls were into nutrition. I get crap allthe time from my girl.

Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerardo DeLeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been there man, I have'nt forgotten my food, but have run short due to long days. Just take a trip to wal-mart and stock up on lunch break.
    Sh*t dude, least you have your meals prepared for tommorow.
    very slow bulk, 6'1 @ 220, takin it day by day

I thank God for the strength he has given me to do what I can, and finish what I start.