dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How hard is it to become a firefighter?

I was thinking of trying to become a firefighter when i'm around 21-23 years old. Everyone seems to say that it's extremely competitive. How hard would it be to get into a fire department. Not neccesarily like new york city or anything like that, just a decent sized town or city. I plan on getting my EMT certification and then trying to become a firefighter, but what else can I do to give myself an advantage. Is becoming a firefighter harder than becoming a police officer?

Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000) Red Echo is just really nice. (+1000)
    volunteer, and gain respect.

guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) guest89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My cousins husband is one, or actually he just quit after like 6 years... He said he couldnt take it anymore.

Always removing fxcked up bodies out of cars in crashes, actually having people die in his arms while looking straight into his eyes begging him to "help" them ( several times).

Very ****ty pay for whats involved, extremely stressful... He said having someone begging for you to help them while they are dieing and you cant do a thing is the worse feeling ever. He said you never forget the look in someones eyes when they are looking you in the eye and die.

Made me respect firefighters more for sure.

Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a friend whos trying to become one.

dang, that sounds messed up though and I doubt my friend can take that. He's basically trying to take the easy way out and not go to college but if thats true he's in for a rude awakening.

dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dollee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nickdude
    I have a friend whos trying to become one.

dang, that sounds messed up though and I doubt my friend can take that. He's basically trying to take the easy way out and not go to college but if thats true he's in for a rude awakening.
    lol 24 hour shifts where ur risking ur life is hardly the easy way out.

fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Firefightin' ain't easy... neither is pimpin'
    Supplements currently being used:
    ON 100% Gold Chocolate Whey Protein
    OneSource Teen's Multivitamin

FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100) FateXxX is not very well liked. (-100)
    I heard that it takes a lot to become one. You may meet all the requirements and you still have a very low chance to make it in.

I think it was something like out of 100 who meet requirements, only 1-2 get picked?

fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100) fehzan is not very well liked. (-100)
    That many people are up for a job of low pay and high risk? They need more firefighters in most cities, why are they only selecting 1-2 out of 100? wtf.
    Supplements currently being used:
    ON 100% Gold Chocolate Whey Protein
    OneSource Teen's Multivitamin

silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking fire answer

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT!!!!!!!!!! Ive been trying since 2002. I have taken 6 tests for different depts.(each test has a written, physical agility, background, medical, polygraph and then interview.) Thet lose candidates at each phase. I also have alot of experience(5 yrs volunteer in a busy company), national certifications and my emt license. This is something that i really want to do. Hope you have some connections--it helps. I just lined a few up. If you don't have a clean record or score very well on the written------> 92 and up,, in my opinon dont go to further processing. I live in ny and went to boston mass, denver, all over va. It gets expensive. i wrote off over 7 grand last year in job search expenses. If you have any qustions e-mail me!
    good luck

Registered User CliffHanger4Lfe's Avatar
    CliffHanger4Lfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by silentassasin View Post
    EXTREMELY DIFFICULT!!!!!!!!!! Ive been trying since 2002. I have taken 6 tests for different depts.(each test has a written, physical agility, background, medical, polygraph and then interview.) Thet lose candidates at each phase. I also have alot of experience(5 yrs volunteer in a busy company), national certifications and my emt license. This is something that i really want to do. Hope you have some connections--it helps. I just lined a few up. If you don't have a clean record or score very well on the written------> 92 and up,, in my opinon dont go to further processing. I live in ny and went to boston mass, denver, all over va. It gets expensive. i wrote off over 7 grand last year in job search expenses. If you have any qustions e-mail me!
    good luck
    Why do you think you didn't stand out against all of the other candidates?

Stone Cold Fox Juice_Springsteen's Avatar
    Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000) Juice_Springsteen is just really nice. (+1000)
    People tend to have a kind of ****ty perspective on public service jobs like fire or police. These days, the reality is that you have to be the cream of the crop to make it. The amount of competition you face in numbers alone is insane.

edit: holy bump
    Last edited by Juice_Springsteen; 11-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Attention campers. Lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wiki95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CliffHanger4Lfe View Post
    strong 6 year bump like hes going to answer your q lol

Boameister is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CliffHanger4Lfe View Post
    Just like real estate. Location location! Just turned 58 and being hired as a full timer. Volunteered for 10 years and going to something I'd never even considered 11 years ago.

New Jack Hustler RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    job for life

difficult as fuark

try alaska
    Weight loss: IF, Lift, Low Carb, Baby Steps and one refeed day.
    Stubborn fat: EC or Yohimbine HCL (fasted) + calorie deficit
    Conservatives: Cut The Cord. Stop giving fake news money

sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sabms has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thread from 2006 folksthen2012

relax

MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A decade later. I wonder if OP made it
    Hoistin' heavy-ass s**t since 2006.
    Hoist to get'em moist crew.
    Raw hoister crew.