alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hmm confused with weight plates...kg or lb

I'm really confused with this..because sometimes I think here in my country we count it all as KG and USA all is counted in LB....

so i'm wondering.... the big plates that are 45...are those 45kg or lb? erm they are the biggest ones (atleast at my gym...)
    the reason why I ask this is because I can't be benching 50 lb...thats extremely weak...i'm weak (just started) but 50 would be really weak when I see weaker people benching less than 50 (not counting bar...)
    and in lb 50kg is 110 which sounds more like the way you people talk :P

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1 kg= 2.2 lbs
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    da forty fives are pounds, I think KG plates come in 50's right?

Does anybody know how to tell the KG sizes just by looking? Arent they color coordinated?

alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrededar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah I know that...but I mean...the plates itself what are they....can't explain what I mean

or you guys actually do it all with KG plates but just convert it to LBs? but why?

Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    we do it all in Lbs. baby!

Originally Posted by Nickdude
    da forty fives are pounds, I think KG plates come in 50's right?

Does anybody know how to tell the KG sizes just by looking? Arent they color coordinated?
    oh crap

so i'm actually benching 50 pounds? lol

thats the two 25 ones...?

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nickdude
    bumper plates are, but not necessarily all KG plates.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look on the plate. It's either going to show "lb" (pounds), or "kg" (kilograms), or sometimes both.

it doesn't

so two of 25 are 50...u guys count the bar right? how much is that?

wow i'm weak... but I keep hearing starters/newbies like me saying they ARE EXTREMELY WEAK that they started with 70-80...wth so that makes me even weaker than the weakest one that come and post here?

Originally Posted by alrededar
    oh crap

so i'm actually benching 50 pounds? lol

thats the two 25 ones...?
    but thats not including the bar right?

so its 95? hopefully.........

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried to answer your question, but I'm really f*cking confused about what your asking. If it says 45 lb it weighs 45 pounds. If it says 50 kilograms, it weighs 50 kilograms.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

it doesn't

so two of 25 are 50...u guys count the bar right? how much is that?

wow i'm weak... but I keep hearing starters/newbies like me saying they ARE EXTREMELY WEAK that they started with 70-80...wth so that makes me even weaker than the weakest one that come and post here?
    Dude your dumb.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Originally Posted by danj112
    I tried to answer your question, but I'm really f*cking confused about what your asking. If it says 45 lb it weighs 45 pounds. If it says 50 kilograms, it weighs 50 kilograms.
    straight up

I dont know of any plates that dont have Kg, or Ibs. on them unless its a standard weight set.

is the bar normal size or only like 4.5 feet tall? (one and a half meters)

Ok ok...so the bar weights 45?

Ok didn't know that.

Also there are two bars...one that weights more than the other...How much does the heavy one weight?

Sorry if some of you don't understand me....english isn't my first language :P

Ok ok...so the bar weights 45?

Ok didn't know that.

Also there are two bars...one that weights more than the other...How much does the heavy one weight?

Sorry if some of you don't understand me....english isn't my first language :P
    Sorry I called you dumb. Figured you were from England.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah I know that...but I mean...the plates itself what are they....can't explain what I mean

or you guys actually do it all with KG plates but just convert it to LBs? but why?
    Dude, we have plates that are equal to 45 lbs, and some plates say 20 kg but are the same size as the 45s, so they're the same weight. You go to a country that uses kilos, teh 20 kg is gonna be the standard plate, you go to a country using pounds, the 45 is gonna be the standard plate. A plate can't BE kilograms, kilograms is just a measurement of weighing, just like the pound. So a 20 kg plate would be approx a 45 lb plate.

2.2 lb = 1 kg

It's okay... I'm from Colombia, South America...so i'm not the best in english.

olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok hopefully I can clear some air on this.

In Australia we count everything as kilos. The "biggest" plates we have is the 25's. And they are 25kg.
    In America or whatever they use pounds and I'm guessing their "biggest" plates are the 45 pounders.

Hope that helps. If you've been using 2 25 plates then that would be 50kg not counting the bar. If you are still unsure ask the trainers at the gym to be certain!
    I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength- Philippians 4:13

heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, if you want to know how much it weighs, can't you just put a plate on like.. a scale?

Originally Posted by olympic
    Ok hopefully I can clear some air on this.

In Australia we count everything as kilos. The "biggest" plates we have is the 25's. And they are 25kg.
    In America or whatever they use pounds and I'm guessing their "biggest" plates are the 45 pounders.

Hope that helps. If you've been using 2 25 plates then that would be 50kg not counting the bar. If you are still unsure ask the trainers at the gym to be certain!
    I've worked out in a gym with 44 and 54 lb plates, and several with 100 lbs. Whose ever heard of a 54 pound plate.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

mup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

45 pounds = 20 kg's
    to be exact 45 pounds is equal to 20.411 kilos

at my gym we have 25 kg plates which are the biggest, that would equal 55 pounds.

hope that helps

olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000) olympic is just really nice. (+1000)
    The "heavy one" is probably an olympic bar. The ends of it will be bigger. It weighs 20kg. The "normal" bars weigh 10kg.
    I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength- Philippians 4:13

Ok, thanks for all the answers...I get it now

FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by danj112
    I've worked out in a gym with 44 and 54 lb plates, and several with 100 lbs. Whose ever heard of a 54 pound plate.
    those are metric plates. 20kg and 25kg = 44 and 54lbs

Ayiya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Exactly what i want to say is 45 pounds = 20 kg's
    to be exact 45 pounds is equal to 20.411 kilos for more information kilogram to Lbs calculation formula.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't try to be too precise because the plates won't be. Try weighing them on an accurate scale, you'll find they aren't exactly what they say they are.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't try to be too precise because the plates won't be. Try weighing them on an accurate scale, you'll find they aren't exactly what they say they are.
    13 years on he's probably worked that out :P
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In most European countries, the weights will usually be in kilograms. It will also most likely have "kg" on the plates/weights etc.

In the US (and Canada, I believe), they'll be in lbs.

That being said, it could differ on a gym-by-gym basis but this is pretty unlikely.
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

Registered User UnworthyRhombus's Avatar
    UnworthyRhombus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Imma join the necro train just for fun.
    Infinite Carb Loader