littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One side of neck is bigger than other

Okay, I'm not talking about my traps here or anything else, I'm talking about the neck muscles you see when you lean your head back. My right side is waaay bigger than my left. I never do neck exercises so I'm not sure how this happened. Probably bad form with some other stuff. Anyway, what can I do to only workout ONE SIDE of my neck so that my left side matches the size of my right? It really makes me look funny and I'd like to correct it ASAP. Thanks!!!
    - Get about 1.5 g of protein/lb of lean body weight/day
    - Take at least 40-50 g of whey protein immediately post-workout
    - Take 5 g of creatine monohydrate pre/post-workout
    - Take a daily multivitamin
    - Get at least 8 hours of quality sleep
    - Take 2 or 3 days/week off. Rest allows growth.

DeathToYou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by littlechris
    Okay, I'm not talking about my traps here or anything else, I'm talking about the neck muscles you see when you lean your head back. My right side is waaay bigger than my left. I never do neck exercises so I'm not sure how this happened. Probably bad form with some other stuff. Anyway, what can I do to only workout ONE SIDE of my neck so that my left side matches the size of my right? It really makes me look funny and I'd like to correct it ASAP. Thanks!!!
    as gay as they seem.. try doing the neck exercises that they display in the exercise section.

littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlechris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And if there aren't any exercise machines for the neck?

Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It seems odd to me that one side of your neck could grow vastly disproportional to the other via muscle growth (with bad form as the cause).

how long have you been like this? could it be from some sort of swelling or other cause besides muscle growth?

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It happens, both sides of my neck are proportionate in mass, but one has more definition than the other. Due to, as you said, bad form.

Ross PK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ross PK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ross PK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ross PK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ross PK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DeathToYou
    as gay as they seem.. try doing the neck exercises that they display in the exercise section.
    What seems so gay about them?

Littlechris, there's exercises you can do to build your neck without using a machine, I'm not sure how effective they are though, I personally didn't get anything out of them.

Just lay on your bed with your head hanging over the edge and hold weight to your head and basically do neck curls.

Originally Posted by Inev
    It seems odd to me that one side of your neck could grow vastly disproportional to the other via muscle growth (with bad form as the cause).

how long have you been like this? could it be from some sort of swelling or other cause besides muscle growth?
    It started happening when I began doing more standing barbell curls. My trap on my right side was a little weaker so my neck started picking up some of the slack.

Hmm, guess I'll just do some more googling to find a solution.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Neck extension/flexion.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe its from when you talk on the phone and hold the phone to your shoulder with your head.

just a thought.

Registered User BigMacAesthetic's Avatar
    BigMacAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It’s probably a posture problem so whenever you do deadlifts and rows or other back exercises you’re pulling more with one side and straining more with your neck on that side too. Maybe you have a tight hamstring and you’re pulling short on one side now idk but if you experience back problems or neck traps and/or shoulder problems it’s probably a posture thing which can also make your neck and trap on one side tight if left unchecked so it you think you have a herniated disc or tight hamstring or something go to a doctor and once you are better and get back to training you should even out

LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000) LMS62 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BigMacAesthetic View Post
    It’s probably a posture problem so whenever you do deadlifts and rows or other back exercises you’re pulling more with one side and straining more with your neck on that side too. Maybe you have a tight hamstring and you’re pulling short on one side now idk but if you experience back problems or neck traps and/or shoulder problems it’s probably a posture thing which can also make your neck and trap on one side tight if left unchecked so it you think you have a herniated disc or tight hamstring or something go to a doctor and once you are better and get back to training you should even out
    just so you are aware, you are responding to someone who posted this thread 13 years ago.