Thread: Breathing

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Breathing

I find it much easier if , for some excercises, i do the OPPOSITE of the generally recommended breath out during negative /inhale during positive.
    Squats for example.

This isnt so for ALL excercises, but for some, like DB shoulder press.

Anyone else like this?
    Miscer

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use a simllarmethod and find it very benificial.

I breathe out during the last 1/4 of the negative so that my lungs are empty when I bottom out, then start breathing in again after about half way through the positive.

I find thisis most benificial when training quads with presses (squats, leg presses,etc) and Deads because you don't get the light headed feeling and your gut doesn't feel like it is going to explode either. But I use it on every exercise that I do and find it better than the old Valsalva Maneuver. Also, this is probably benificial because your blood pressure probably doesn't go up nearly as much.

It sure does take some getting used to though. It's kind of scary to get under 500lbs for squats and tinker around.