Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You aren't gay if you...

Have your friend take a picture of you posing. So many times I am following a journal and I see someone ready to post a picture of before and after...and I see a fuzzy out of focus guy trying to flex while holding a camera phone in his bathroom really quickly where no one can see him. This is the same sport that huge guys in speedos hug each other to congratulate each other after a contest while covered in body oil.

Honestly, this is bodybuilding. You can't show progress in a snow suit (so don't wear shorts that come down to your ankles). And you can't take a good picture using your camera phone in your bathroom mirror. I'm curious to see what people look like that are lifting certain weights...particularly similar to mine. Can we get over the homophobia long enough to just get a digital camera? You can get one for under $100 that will do everything you need to track your progress.

So throw on a pair of boxers or shorts that don't cover your quads and tell your friend you aren't gay but want to track the progress of your muscle development and please take a couple of photos.
    There is no finish line.
    Overtraining happens far less often than laziness.

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109984461

USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have my wife do it but if she aint around i could care less. Its not gay but some people just cant grasp the concept that you might have to get a guy to take your pic. I doubt poeple think Jay Cutler is gay when he does a photo shoot.

Arnold said in one of his books that with bodybuilding and lifting weights you have to pose in order to see your progress just how a guy who runs track times himself with a watch, a bodybuilder poses to see his weak and strong points.

what is gay is the 115 pound guy doing 50 sets for biceps in the mirror flexing each chance he has. Or the 135 pound guy flexing his abs in the mirror every 2 seconds...Sorry I work at a gym and workout there so i spend 10 hours in the gym a day u tend to see some funny ****.

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by USMARINE8152
    Sorry I work at a gym and workout there so i spend 10 hours in the gym a day u tend to see some funny ****.
    That would be a really funny job. How often do you see big strong guys coming through your gym? What gym do you work at?

But to the OP, yeah, a cheap digital is all you need. And even then, they all have time delay anyway, so you don't even have to have a friend take the picture. Set the time delay, get in position, strike a pose, and viola!
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by VikingMan
    That would be a really funny job. How often do you see big strong guys coming through your gym? What gym do you work at?

But to the OP, yeah, a cheap digital is all you need. And even then, they all have time delay anyway, so you don't even have to have a friend take the picture. Set the time delay, get in position, strike a pose, and viola!
    Right on the head. er.. Maybe that was a bad pun. *laughing*

I agree.. I do all my pics on timer. My wife helps me with my 3-4 BF caliper points that I just can't do on my own though.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)

40 year old virgin

David: You know how I know that you're gay?
    Cal: How?
    David: You like the movie "Maid in Manhattan".
    Cal: You know how I know *you're* gay?
    David: How?
    Cal: I saw you make a spinach dip in a loaf of sour dough bread once.
    David: You have a rainbow bumpersticker on your car that says "I love it when *balls* are in my face".
    Cal: That's *gay*?
    Cal: [David and Cal Playing a video Game] You're *gay* now?
    David: No, I'm not gay I'm just celibate.
    Cal: I think? I mean, that sounds ga- I just want you to know this is like the first conversation of like three conversations that leads to you being gay. Like... there's this and then in a year it's like, "Oh you know, I kinda wanna, ya know, get back out there but I think I like guys" and then there's the big, "Oh I'm I'm a g-gay guy now".
    David: You're gay for saying that.
    Cal: I'm gay for saying that?
    David: You know how I know you're gay?
    Cal: How? How do you know I'm gay?
    David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.
    Cal: You know how I know *you're* gay? You just told me you're not sleeping with women any more.
    Cal: How? Cuz you're gay? and you can tell who other gay people are.
    David: You like Coldplay.
    Last edited by Canadian Iron; 06-15-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love Coldplay.....

In fact the new one is currently in my car cd player.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KhorneDeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Canadian Iron
    David: You like the movie "Maid in Manhattan".
    Cal: You know how I know *you're* gay?
    David: How?
    Cal: I saw you make a spinach dip in a loaf of sour dough bread once.
    David: You have a rainbow bumpersticker on your car that says "I love it when *balls* are in my face".
    Cal: That's *gay*?
    Cal: [David and Cal Playing a video Game] You're *gay* now?
    David: No, I'm not gay I'm just celibate.
    Cal: I think? I mean, that sounds ga- I just want you to know this is like the first conversation of like three conversations that leads to you being gay. Like... there's this and then in a year it's like, "Oh you know, I kinda wanna, ya know, get back out there but I think I like guys" and then there's the big, "Oh I'm I'm a g-gay guy now".
    David: You're gay for saying that.
    Cal: I'm gay for saying that?
    Cal: How? How do you know I'm gay?
    David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.
    Cal: You know how I know *you're* gay? You just told me you're not sleeping with women any more.
    Cal: How? Cuz you're gay? and you can tell who other gay people are.
    David: You like Coldplay.
    ****ING CLASSIC!!!! Goddamnit, that's one of the best parts of that movie....
    Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color....