Thread: 7 days or 5?

Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

7 days or 5?

I am trying to find a good workout program, and all the programs that come out in the search are 5 days programs. Right now i am working out everyday, 7 days a week. Is that bad? should i not workout everyday?

Thanx.

Edit: i've found a decent program for myself, but i dont know what most of the excercise names mean, i mean what they are and how to do them. is anyone willing to spend some time explaining to me?
    Last edited by Bublik; 06-16-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, working out 7 days is just ridiculous. When do you expect to get some rest so you can recover and grow?

I also don't see a need for anyone to workout 5 days a week. What can't you not get done in 3 or 4 days a week?

Take a look here for some good workout templates: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=815756

Also look up Rippetoe's program "Starting Strength" as well as Madcow's 5x5. All better than what you have in mind.

Good luck.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggmatt77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea he is right ,you need to take a week off after 6-8 wks. of working out .thats the time you really grow.
    Jesus Is Love
    415 raw bench.

leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leanTXmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd definitely agree you need to take a week off. And you also need to look at your schedule so you get some regular off days during the week. You don't grow when you workout. You grow when you rest.

GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm interested to hear about this 7 day a week program you're on. What exercises and split? How long you been at it?

Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bublik is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Overload
    Well, working out 7 days is just ridiculous. When do you expect to get some rest so you can recover and grow?

I also don't see a need for anyone to workout 5 days a week. What can't you not get done in 3 or 4 days a week?

Take a look here for some good workout templates: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=815756

Also look up Rippetoe's program "Starting Strength" as well as Madcow's 5x5. All better than what you have in mind.

Good luck.
    Thanx for the advice

Originally Posted by GSP
    I'm interested to hear about this 7 day a week program you're on. What exercises and split? How long you been at it?

Trust me, you dont want to hear about it, its completely crap, as i just realised now after talking to people here and checking some workout programs. Ive only been working out for 2 months, but i do see some good results, but i guess they can be much better. I have absolutely no knowledge about body building, well atleast didnt have any when i started working out, so i just did whatever came to my head you know, for the past 2 months i have been working out everyday, 7 days a week, and what i do is for example on monday i do my arms(biceps, triceps, foreamrs and shoulders) and on tuesday i do my abs and chest, wednesday i do my legs. and then i repeat the cycle the day after(dont ask for the names of the excercies becuase im still not familliar with the names). I know its a horrible workout, just realised that today, people were telling me that im doing it wrong but i didnt listen. I found a descent workout program fo rmyself that i like, so im going to change to that and see how it goes. although im having problems understand what each excercise is and how to do it.