Thread: workout log

pure_power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

workout log

Hopefully someone will gain something from me posting my log.

Dec. 16 Max Effort BP
    Close Grip
    Worked up to 345 for a heavy triple, and 365 for a heavy single. I missed at 385. (I felt as if I could have done 370-380, because 365 went up relatively easy)

Palms In Extensions: 4x10x80lbs

Pushdowns: 4x12x150lbs (done on a nautilus machine, which explains why the weight look as if it's heavy for accessory work. Felt very light though compared to my usual working with free weight pushdowns)

Lat Rows: 4x10x115lbs

Note: Had to workout at a "pretty boy" type gym. Can't handle that crap anymore. Still in the process of getting my own private gym set up. Feel like crap though because now that I think about it I should have just dropped down a few pounds and surpassed my previous heavy single. Still though, was pretty sore the next day and felt like I had a good workout.
    Last edited by pure_power; 12-20-2002 at 07:03 AM.
    What motivates you?

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey pure power......your back! Remember me? Im a westside convert now BTW, you got awesome lifts! You did great. Keep on going...you'll be amazed.

ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice bench numbers!

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice journal. Everyone will learn from it.. especially since your numebrs are really good.

Nautilus machines are really nice... dont get to use them that often.

Whens your next contest?

also, why'd you only do 115 for lat rows? (unless they were single arm or something)
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

115 for me feels good enough. It's accessory work, so I don't try to train real heavy. My lats are the weakest area of my bench, and I've been gradually trying to build them up since football ended. I feel as if my pressing muscles are able to do more weight that I actually do, but my lats are holding me back. I don't know when I'll compete again. I want to get my squat up pretty high though, so I can compete in a full meet.

Dec. 17 ME Squat

Still having to rehab my knee, due to the injury that I endured (stretched MCL and ACL). I've been deriving some of my squat rehab from John Bott's Squat Rehabilitation Program.

3x10x45
    3x10x95
    3x10x135

GHR: 3x8 (can really feel the weakness in my knee)

Standing Abs 5x10

Note: I feel like crap because of my squat right now. Sorry I'm delayed on these posts, my computer is screwed up right now, so I'm having to do this at school. Will post yesterday's speed bench work soon.
    Last edited by pure_power; 12-20-2002 at 07:07 AM.
    What motivates you?

Dec. 19 DE Bench Press

Speed Bench

3x5x45
    2x5x95
    1x3x45 (mini doubled up on each side)
    2x3x95 (mini doubled up on each side)
    1x3x135 (mini doubled up on each side)
    9x3x135 (mini doubled up and another mini choked on each side)

4 Board Press

1x3x275 (mini doubled up on each side)
    3x3x315 (mini doubled up on each side)
    1x3x315 (mini doubled up and another mini choked on each side)

Pushdowns: 3x15 (green band, found tension that felt good)
    Note: Super-Sets on this, did pushdowns and an overhead extensions, 3x15 each with the band.

Lat Rows: 4x10x135lbs

Note: I'm pretty sore after this speed day. Felt effects of extra bands. Felt good on rows too, which is why the weight is a little heavier.
    What motivates you?

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    that sucks about your knee..how long will it take to rehab it?

thats also a **** load of band tension to be using.. must be crazy...

I honestly don't know when I'll be able to get my knee back to full health. Over Christmas break though I haven't been able to do an rehab because I don't have a gym to go to (been driving an hour for my bench workouts though to another gym). Hopefully I'll get my computer up and going again so I can get on track with my logs.
    What motivates you?

lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good luck rehabbing your knee man. i'm sorry to hear that
    When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. - Henry Rollins

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, me too....

Dec. 30th ME Bench

Close Grip Band Press

Worked up to 315lbs (w/ minis doubled up on each side also)
    I felt somewhat exhausted. I originally went to one gym but it was closed then had to drive another hour to another one.

Palms In Extensions: 75lbs (with a mini for added tension during the press portion of the extension) If you don't know what I'm talking about, I just put a loop in each palm and had the mini around my back, you can find it on elitefts.

Pushdowns: Green Band 4x12(found the tension that I needed)

Rows: 4x10x135

Note: Maximum Effort suffered today, I honestly don't know why I felt drained. The place I went to didn't have a power rack, so I couldn't do floor presses with bands, plus me and my lifting partner didn't have time that day to make our boards for a board press. Just decided to do close grips with heavy band tension. Extensions were done with very high intensity, and had a real good workout after ME work. Sorry again for the delay. Still don't know what's wrong with my computer. Sorry about missing a week of workouts too, but I can't remember what I did and I don't have my workout log with me. lol I'm very unorganized.
    What motivates you?

Dec. 31 ME Squat...well, rehab

I haven't felt like driving an hour just to do rehab work on my knee, so I've been doing good mornings curls for my knee with bands at home.

Leg Curls: mini band 5x15 (single leg)
    Good Mornings: green band 4x10

Feeder Work: 4x25 mini band
    What motivates you?

Wow, close gripping 315 with doubled mini bands. I think thats pretty good! How's the knee feeling? Any better?

Jan. 2 DE Bench

2x5x45lbs
    2x3x95lbs
    1x3x135lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    8x3x155lbs (minis doubled up on each side with minis also choked)

5 Board Press (Close Grip)

1x5x225lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    1x5x275lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    2x3x315lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    1x3x325lbs (minis doubled up on each side)

Pushdowns (reverted back to nautilus for a change)

4x12x150lbs (all weight on nautilus machine)

Lat Rows

4x10x125lbs

Note: My 5 board press is lower this time than the other because I used a close grip this time instead of a normal grip. My knee is feeling like crap. I had a week lay off from doing any rehab, and I can tell it really brought me down. It's still kind of loose and weak, but it's definitely stronger than a month ago. I believe that I could start working with heavy weight, but I'm still afraid that I'm not ready yet. I still feel like I need to bring up my tricep strength. Sometimes I can push up a lot of weight with my triceps, then other days I really struggle. I guess you just have to "roll with the punches."
    Last edited by pure_power; 01-03-2003 at 07:03 AM.
    What motivates you?

lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good luck with your knee. looks like you've had a lot of nice workouts lately though
    When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. - Henry Rollins

you've got one hell of a lockout..

best of luck with your knee, and happy new years

Wow, you got a huge lockout. Nice job! I hope your knee feels better soon.

Jan. 6 ME Bench

Couldn't go to any gym. The weather was bad, and my lifting partner wrecked his truck. Had heavy enough dumbells at my house to do some stuff with.

Dumbell Press 3x20x80lbs

Palms In Extensions: 5x10x80lbs

Pushdowns: Green Band 4x15 (found tension I liked)

I just went as hard and intense as I could to try to duplicate a normal workout. (On assistance work took 30 seconds rest between sets) To be honest I was pretty sore the next two days, and it kind of felt good to out from under the heavy barbell work. Still felt down though because I wasn't able to go to a gym, but I suppose what I did was better than nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan. 7 ME Squat...rehab once again

Leg Curls w/ Average Band (single leg) 4x10
    Band Good Mornings w/ Green Band and Average Band 4x10

Note: I hate this crap of not having my own place yet. I haven't been able to do really any ab stuff recently, nor any sled work. I'm at a low point in lifting, although my bench begs to differ. I just feel like killing someone at this point for the crap I've had to put up with recently with weightroom situations. I have my place almost set up now, just need to finish up some equiptment and it will be ready to go.
    What motivates you?

Jan. 6 ME Bench

Couldn't go to any gym. The weather was bad, and my lifting partner wrecked his truck. Had heavy enough dumbells at my house to do some stuff with.

Dumbell Press 3x20x80lbs

Palms In Extensions: 5x10x80lbs

Pushdowns: Green Band 4x15 (found tension I liked)

I just went as hard and intense as I could to try to duplicate a normal workout. (On assistance work took 30 seconds rest between sets) To be honest I was pretty sore the next two days, and it kind of felt good to out from under the heavy barbell work. Still felt down though because I wasn't able to go to a gym, but I suppose what I did was better than nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan. 7 ME Squat...rehab once again

Leg Curls w/ Average Band (single leg) 4x10
    Band Good Mornings w/ Green Band and Average Band 4x10

Feeder Work
    Pushdowns: 4x25 w/ mini band
    Band Press: 3x20 w/ light band (pecs were sore as crap from the dumbell presses)
    Note: I hate this crap of not having my own place yet. I haven't been able to do really any ab stuff recently, nor any sled work. I'm at a low point in lifting, although my bench begs to differ. I just feel like killing someone at this point for the crap I've had to put up with recently with weightroom situations. I have my place almost set up now, just need to finish up some equiptment and it will be ready to go.
    What motivates you?

sucks about your friends truck and not making it to the gym, but it looks like you still had a good workout...
    Still looks like you had a good workout at home though, so atleast it wasnt a wasted day.
    How do you think the rehab is going for your leg?

My knee feels good now to be honest, I feel as if I can go back to squatting pretty soon. It hasn't given out on me anytime recently, and working with the bands has really helped.

Jan. 9 DE Bench

3x5x45lbs
    2x3x95lbs
    1x3x95lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    1x3x135lbs (minis doubled up on each side and minis choked)
    8x3x165lbs (minis doubled up on each side and minis choked)
    2x3x145lbs (average bands doubled on each side)

5 Board Press (Close Grip)

1x5x225lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    2x3x275lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    1x3x295lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    1x3x315lbs (minis doubled up on each side)
    Note: I was reading a George Halbert article on lockout problems and realized that my form on the board presses was incorrect. I would tend to lower the bar down toward my abs, and would cheat. I realized that even though I'd be able to do more weight like this, I wouldn't be gaining anything. It's evedent by the less amount of weight.

Pushdowns: 4x12x150 (nautilus)

Lat Rows: 4x10x135lbs

Note: Felt good today. Had an altercation in the power rack though at the place we went to. We had all of our equiptment there and were waiting for a flat bench to be open to put on inside the power rack, when some man and woman proceeded to do deadlifts in the power rack. Needless to say I was not pleased. Also have realized that I've been using incorrect form on dumbell extensions. I seem to have a tendency to press the dumbells more than extend them. Hopefully taking care of these technique problems will produce better results.
    Last edited by pure_power; 01-10-2003 at 07:02 AM.
    What motivates you?

Jan. 13 ME Bench

3 Board (Moderately Close)

Worked up to 345lbs w/ minis doubled up on each side.

Note: It's hard to determine what is close and moderate, because the knurlings on the bars at the gym I've been going to aren't set right it seems. I just estimate, so I'm just selling myself short and saying it was moderately close.

Palms In Extensions
    5x10x65lbs w/ mini band looped in palms around my back.

Pushdowns
    4x15 w/ green band

Lat Rows
    4x10x135lbs

Note: Felt good today, still wish though I know how much the mini bands add. I think I could have done 350lbs-355lbs, but went for 365 instead and only got took it half way. Had a good workout overall, and feel beaten up today. On another note, on the set I did my 1rm, I busted a blood vessell in my eye.
    What motivates you?